G&C Electronics

G&C Electronics Employee Reviews

United States18 reviews
Company just went through a reorganization and change of personnel. Some changes were positive. If you don't mind being spoken to like a child by management then its not a bad place to work.
Pros
Office is local
Cons
No Direct Deposit, No 401k and minimum Medical Benefits
G & C electronics is an absolute sham. The owner coms off as real nice guy, he has knowledge of sales. The company is run by a snake oil salesmen and loans to keep payroll afloat. They falsify legal documents, inspections, payroll, and health care. Benefits are not what you will get working for this company, only promises, poor management and no regard for your life or family. Do not waist one day of your life working for this company. You will wait months to get on payroll, and much much longer for any type of health benefits. Like working overnights on the road. Go for it! Oh and make sure you hsve about $1000 dollars in your bank account to pay for your gas and tolls. Ez-pass constantly declined. Gas cards declined. They been bouncing paper payroll check for years up until july 2020,. AVOID G&C LIKE THE CORONA VIRUS! They have s sub compsny in Pennsylvania too Watch out. They will be renaming the company or going belly up.
Pros
Cons
Bounced paychecks no 401k
I am a current employee who has been working at G&C Electronics for 9 months and I have witnessed a change in management, employees and major growth in the company. Management really invests in you to succeed. G&C employees experienced the anticipated growing pains over the last year and had to work around some staffing turnover but that was a prevalent trend in the marketplace as a whole. The 3.6% unemployment rate in 2019 really represented the percentage of the population that didn't want to commit to working let alone growing with the company. Finding reliable, goal driven, skilled employees is a daunting task and I credit ownership with finding many excellent people through the muck and their continued resilience. Management has made so many positive changes with the growth, yet as kept the culture the same and great things will continue to come our way.
Terrible workplace, where management bullies you. Lead techs and the VP verbally abuse coworkers and get away with it.No real HR department, so there is no one to go to. If you want a high stress job with zero training, this is the job for you.
Cons
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Don't waste your time applying for a position. They build themselves up, bring you in for a day to see if you are fit for the position, tell you that they will be paying you for your time and tell you that they are waiting for the background check to come back so you can start. Many calls to them and Management doesn't call back and they take their time paying you for a day.
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
This company is a bunch of car salesmen taking advantage of their employees . Procedures are only enforced when your to be reprimanded . Reviews are never given ,raises are never given , and the owners act like this is normal..stay away
Do not work for this company. They do not pay on time. Checks bounce. Husband and wife time that promise you the world , yet never deliver. Comes up with there own rules. Can only work 4 hours at a time. Will write you up for anything. Cameras everywhere , they watch your every move and will use anything against you.
Pros
Cons
Literally everything about this place
Any where from 4am start till 9am start whatever time you leave last job you could be in marland, new jersey,new york, pennslavania never paid to return trip back to shop always tried to rip you off on hours.Almost every 3 weeks gas cards would not work promised pay raises after 3 months never received.Watched 18 employees come and go in less than a year.Owner of company says one thing when hired and his wife changes everything depending on the mood shes in.I would not lett my worst enemy work there.
Pros
Cons
everything
This place is by far the worst place to work I was there for many years and they treated me like garbage from day 1 they promise you training and never help you out with it. They promise you that you will be done for the day at a reasonable time but that never happens and you have no choice in the matter. None of the technicians have any idea what is going on when you go to a job and its mass chaos. They pay very poorly and they promise you in the interview you will be getting a good raise every 6 months when your review comes out which you never even get The office staff is the worst of all. They are under trained and under staffed. And have no clue how to do their job. The 2 owners husband and wife just make stuff up to " write you up for " and force you to sign it or you get fired. They dont pay on time a lot like 2-3 weeks sometimes more late. Since I have been gone I have asked for some simple paper work to get filled out and they give me the run around and then never fill it out
Pros
Haha none
Cons
Every single aspect of this company
Bully style management that protects its team leads by passing blame to lower level employees. Owner sells his company well in the interview promising training, but never delivers. Mismanagement of money never sure if pay check would bounce.
Pros
Cons
Owners Ego
I have been with G&C Electronics for about 8 months now. I started as a IT associate to help manage basic junior IT tasks like AD, Installs, Hardware repair, and manage daily inventory. I was trained on how to install and diagnosis Fire panels, CCTV, burglar alarms as well as further my career in IT for future development. I now help design and coordinate special projects and even thought I'm one of the newest hire they have, and have been treated with nothing but respect and we all assist in helping each other improve our skill sets and build new skills. Upper Management and Supervisors are understandable and helpful individuals who try to take care of all employees and work with them with any issue, work related or even in your personal life. If you have an idea they embrace you to talk to them and see if it's possible. not everything is Gold but for the fact they are willing to listen is a definite plus in my minds. Most enjoyable part of the job is the new challenges and career advancements that arise. You can be hired as a low level technician and with some time you can move up in the company without issue. Do I recommend G&C Electronics? Absolutely.
Pros
Diverse Work Environment, Tight knit group of individuals, fair pay and hours
There is no training. You are treated like you are children and don't know anything but expected to know the processes of the office that don't exist.
I was hired with little knowledge of what I ended up being. If you have potential and drive you will go far. Office staff is demanding but worth the work. Management is tough but lives are at risk at the end of the day and that's what is cared about.
Pros
knowledge, pay, advancement.
Cons
Still growing
Dysfunctional, absolutely no training with unrealistic expectations. Self-centered narcissistic bullies. If you are not part of the inner "family," you are treated with disdain. Turnover of employees unprecedented. They thrive on looking for mistakes and never a positive word of encouragement. Policies/procedures are only for the people they do not like. Workplace culture is toxic. Look somewhere else. You will not be happy.
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
Too many to list.
Hired to handle Operations, given minimal training before thrown into it. Was verbally assulted by co-worker and he was never disciplined. Lead techs bully employees. Helpers forced to work extreme hours and not paid for travel from job sites as far away as MD. Owners wife who is VP is viciously nasty and will document your every move to use against you. Must carry work phone 24/7 with no compensation for after hours calls. They cut hours if you don't catch it. Will terminate you for any mistakes. Compensation package doesn't exist.
Pros
Decent pay scale
Cons
If they don't like you they will bully you.
Wonderful company to work for. Enjoyed my days here. Management was compassionate and understanding and an overall delight. The commute was difficult but otherwise great company.
Work environment would have been incomprehensibly better had the ownership hired the amount of people they needed to do the amount of work that they were attempting to get done.
Worked many hours with no lunch break. Technicians were very rude and abusive.
Cons
no ethical values within this company