G&D Integrated Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Stay away!
Load Planner (Former Employee) –  Morton, ILAugust 9, 2018
This place was a disaster to work at. There is poor communication everywhere, constant aggression between load planners and driver's, ZERO organization. I feel bad for the poor managers and employees there. They did what they could with what they had, and I felt like they genuinely were concerned employees well beings and work/life balance, but they also tried to milk every ounce of life out of planners as they could by giving them unrealistic goals that were impossible to meet with the drivers and broken equipment they had at the time. The drivers usually made it worse, getting mad at the work they were given because someone called off or didn't show up, or because they were given a new route because management kept stacking things on us. Other planners rotate throughout the day and that also made things messy, as a good portion of our early shift was finishing the work they didn't do.

On the plus side, there's a Culver's nearby.
Pros
Starting pay was competitive, free coffee
Cons
Drivers, facility is lacking, hours
Do Not Recommend
Logistics Planning Analyst- 50 Commerce Drive (Former Employee) –  Morton, ILJuly 25, 2018
GnD transportation was an unfair place to work. I was micromanaged and had to deal with office politics and drama. I did enjoy working in logistics while I worked at GnD.
bad job
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  East Peoria, ILJuly 18, 2018
The management there is awful you will always be under staffed and they will not give you much insight on what to do they just kind of throw you in and hope you know what to do.
very stressful lack of management
Receiving Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJune 1, 2018
with lack of management job was very stressful. Could not get help when needed. nobody knew what there actual job was. some worked hard others were able to sit back and do nothing. you were forced to put in overtime all week and every weekend. management was never on the floor to help with the work flow.
Productive and Amazing
Material Planner II (Former Employee) –  East Peoria, ILMay 31, 2018
This job was the perfect balance of productivity and social networking. There was never a dull day, and the co-workers were all in it together. The direct management was incredible, but the upper management was a little slippery sometimes. The hardest part of the job, if any, was the integration of micro-management. It made the job way more difficult than it had to be, but it was doable.
Pros
Great people overall
Cons
Micro-management
Worst job I ever had
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Morton, ILMay 20, 2018
I was told that I could come in wearing a normal shirt and if they didnt like it they could fire me because there was always someone else to take my job
Pros
easy work
Cons
everything
Unrealistic expectations, everyone intentionally sabotages each other.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  East Peoria, ILMay 18, 2018
Worked really hard, everyone at CAT loved me but was constantly undermined by G&D staff and management. They seem to mainly hire low quality employees who quickly learn that the best way to survive is to stab others in the back, management doesnt support you. Was told by one manager "sometimes above and beyond is too much" another said "This place is a soul sucking black hole" then, when he realized he said it out loud "but it's not really that bad", and that was the highest manager I had met. While CAT employees and management were thanking me for hard work, G&D guys were trying to frame me for their own mistakes. Overall just a horrible place.
Pros
Cons
Horrible people, low pay, no support, don't go there.
Very nice place to work
Forlift Operator (Current Employee) –  East Peoria, ILMay 10, 2018
I like driving the fork lift and I plan on working here for a long time I like my surpervior I like the hours and the people I work with I enjoy my hours and I like working lots of overtime and I enjoy working lots of hours so I can take care of my family I plan on getting married so I need all the hours and money so I need to work
bad management all the overtime you ever wanted
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  East Peoria, ILApril 30, 2018
supervisors during overtime would sit in there car and when we needed them would be unable to reach them, favoritism to the point they make it obvious by believing every word and always throws you under the bus, if they dont like you they will try to find silly reason to fire you, very very cut throat
benefits
Cons
long hours no double pay if you work 70 plus hours, undeappreciated
Not sure
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  IllinoisApril 4, 2018
Not sure where to begin. Challenging but did gain experience needed to advance in position taken after departing G&D. Warehouse experience was different.
Poor working conditions
BUSINESS OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILApril 3, 2018
False hope for employees. Very inconsistent with upper managements involvement. Employee was always looking over their shoulder. Upper management only cared about dollars and constantly reduced hourly rates.
Great Place to work
Assistant Controller (Former Employee) –  Morton, ILMarch 19, 2018
I worked here a long time ago, but it was my favorite job. High-paced and stressful at times, learned a lot. Big company with lots of opportunities.
Pros
Challenges
Cons
Stress
did not stay long
Reason for leaving (Former Employee) –  Morton, ILMarch 16, 2018
they lied to me before i even started there, i was hired for one thing and was doing something different the entire time that i was employed with them
Work Hard Get Noplace
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILMarch 7, 2018
This isn’t a good company because people who work there are more worried about fitting in with the clique then doing their jobs. Some workers get away with highway murder there while many very good, well qualified people are fired for no reason.
equipment assembler/ jockey driver
Assembler/ Jockey Driver (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILMarch 2, 2018
I began as a equipment assembler assembling rippers for motor graders and bull dozer. Operated forklift to move parts to different departments for different assembly. I moved trailers to different dock to off load parts for the assembly of different equipment.
Pros
was home efery day
Cons
low wages
Dishonest and views employees as disposable resources
Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee) –  East Peoria, ILFebruary 14, 2018
I was lied to from day one in regards to the job discription and overall responsibilities. I can’t begin to count how many times management used supervisors as scapegoats to cover their incompetence in front of the customer. Unfortunately, when false allegations are made, the employees are treated as though they are guilty until proven innocent.
Pros
Lower level employees are good hard working people.
Cons
Too many to list
great place
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  East Peoria, ILJanuary 12, 2018
this was a great place to work. very fast paced and kept you on your toes. There was always new things to learn. and much room for advancement. would tell anyone to work here.
Fast pace work environment
Order Filler (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILJanuary 10, 2018
The work here is good for to build your work history up. The work is not super hard the only thing I dislike is the pay but outside of that it’s a good company to work for
OK place for the short term
Crater/Crane Operator (Current Employee) –  East Peoria, ILJanuary 8, 2018
I enjoy working there for the most part. It helped me out when I needed a job quick, but it's not a place where you can make a living or a career out of.
great job
Cherry Picker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILDecember 31, 2017
They pay fair and give you 40 hours a week and a good and safe work enviroment. They allow you to do your job and tell you if they need you to do something another way
Pros
pay, work
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G&D Integrated. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight