G&K Services Employee Reviews

Relaxed atmosphere
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Front Royal, VAFebruary 12, 2018
During my time with G&K, I've enjoyed the lasting friendships I've made with my coworkers and management team. Atmosphere was very relaxed, there was always help when you needed it. I came home to my family on time each day after my shift.
great work enviorment
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYFebruary 12, 2018
Was a very good place to work. I had a great opportunity working there until Cintas bought the company in the summer of 2017.

Upper level management was good to work with also
Pros
advancement
Cons
sold out
G&K acquired by Cintas
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJanuary 30, 2018
G&K was a very well led company, and I found many of the employees to be very loyal. The only reason I am not recommending G&K is because it was bought by Cintas and no longer exists.
great job
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 30, 2018
Its a great active place to work at. The job is very hands on and a lot of bending and stretching. The people there are amazing. They have great team work.
Very fast paced and a fun place to work.
BUSINESS/OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 29, 2018
Enjoyed working for G&K services. Very fast paced engineering company and worked lots of hours. Had lots of fun and enjoyed working with all of the employees.
daily task
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 22, 2018
I worked front desk and other job duties as needed. this is a male dominant environment, I found the place to be pleasant. Most times the men were unfiltered but tried to remain polite. Company did not offer any advancement opportunities.
Pros
conveniently located
Cons
no advancement opportunities
Fun
Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NHJanuary 19, 2018
I loved working man it was a great work environment had a lot of support when I had family problems there were there for me management was on point with everything I had asked and I would recommend anybody working
Leader in industry
Territory Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMJanuary 18, 2018
Leader in industry. Recently acquired by Cintas. Great culture, work life balance, management. Great company to work for. Great tools and training provided to make career a success.
Horrible Mngmt
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Owatonna, MNJanuary 13, 2018
Was good company until was bought by Cintas then went bad. Cintas does not care about employees in the least. If you are not in management you are dirt.
Productive place to wotk.
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJanuary 11, 2018
Supervisor was great they just didn't pay well enough for someone with a family. Hours was awesome if you had children though. Job was super easy and laid back.
Review
Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 6, 2018
I thought this would be my reintroduction to this industry that I had left a couple of years prior. Knew it wasnt the market leader but shouldnt have been an issue. After I was out of training and brought on my first few accounts, I knew something was amidst when the local manager told me to take what I had learned at Corporate training and throw it out the door. Meanwhile 50%+ of my accounts would get denied bc of something mundane or stupid. Two weeks later they let everyone go at the office. Right after I was out of training...
Great Atmoshphere
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 4, 2018
A typical work day was a ten hour day running a route delivering facility services. I learned great customer service skills and building customer relations. The most enjoyable part of the job was building relationships with my customers and coworkers.
Pros
Benefits, 4 day work week
Cons
Not getting product I needed
It was not a good environment and the people were rude,
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Graham, NCJanuary 4, 2018
My working experience at G&K was not a good one. The management was poor and the people were very rude. Working conditions were cold in the winter and hot in the summer. Its not a company I recommend to anyone.
Pros
Lunch break
Cons
no benefits
Review
Office Supervisor/Administration (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 2, 2018
Busy from time you clock in to its time to clock out. The ability to help other department. I learn that you can't take your job personal it always business.
Stepping stone position
Territory Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CADecember 31, 2017
A great place to prove your sales ability. Lots of autonomy. They usually pair you up with someone senior when you first start and let you ride with all the sales reps. Great way to learn.
Decent job
Route Driver/Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXDecember 27, 2017
This job was a decent one, just alot of windshield time. I would have probobly continued employment there but was laid off. It may have turned out to be a good job in the long run.
Pros
Independence/wage/benifits
Cons
Drive time
In a nut shell
Stock Clerk (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSDecember 25, 2017
Sometimes slow. There is a lot to be learned if the effort was put forth from some employees. Management should listen more to the employees more. The hardest thing may be having to move to different jobs or areas that are out of the norm, that you are not familiar with. The employees are the most enjoyable.
Pros
Paid vacation, Health care
Cons
NO sick time, low pay rate.
Steady Work
General Office Associate (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIDecember 20, 2017
Steady work was great and job security were there. Quiet place to work and have time to focus on your job duties. Learned something different in this position that I never experience.
Pros
Free popcorn with some free lunches.
Cons
Management need to be more relaxed.
Territorial Route Driver
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 18, 2017
For G&K Services, I am given anywhere from 30 to 50 stops a day which I am required to go inside the companies work with the location manager. I pick up and drop off towels/rags, mats, and uniforms. I am expected to keep everything organized. I use my customer service skills through out my entire day.
sales
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 8, 2017
This company was a really hard company to work for they paid ok but really wanted to get more and more sales. They are known for pushing and expecting alot.
Pros
ok pay
Cons
too much pressure

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G&K Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.7

1.7Personal Development

1.5Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight