G&K Services Employee Reviews

days went quick.
Uniform Inspector (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Rapids, WIDecember 8, 2017
Inspected clothes. I worked alone a lot. It could be cold in there during the winter cause the doors had to be open for the trucks to unload there stuff. The holidays were tough.
Pros
the people i worked with where nice
Cons
Very cold in the winter months.
most times not a good place to work
Route builder, loader/unloader (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILDecember 5, 2017
people start around 3 am most have a attitude first thing in the morning. nobody know where anything is at , relay or you for help if you dont know they get an attitude. management dont know whats going on half the time. lack of communication. things done at the last minute. people talking about you behind your back.
Doesn't exist anymore.
General Manager (GM) (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXDecember 1, 2017
G&K was a great company that was dissolved as a result of a buyout. I was downsized as was several other employees. G&K was a great place to work in a fast paced customer centric environment.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
High turnover
Average Company
Route Sales/Driver (Former Employee) –  Sun Valley, CANovember 20, 2017
Enjoyed this company was a good company to work for. The culturer was good and I enjoyed the people I worked with. Live balance was good as it was eight hours a day.
productive
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 20, 2017
standing for long periods of time. pulling ,pushing. lifting 50 to 60lbs daily. keeping your area clean during and end of work shift. punching in and out time clock.
Pros
everyone worked and helped each other
Cons
mandatory saturdays
Great culture and people
Talent Acquisition Manager (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNNovember 16, 2017
Company was acquired or I'd still be there. Great execs and leaders. It was a collaborative environment that allowed creativity and the opportunity for change.
See Below
Senior Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLNovember 14, 2017
Managed ten employees and was responsible for tracking and posting of all monies from clients within our district/region. Supported Regional Sales Representatives with daily operations including: new accounts, on time delivery and collections.
 Worked with regulatory agencies to ensure compliance with OSHA, EPA, DOT, EEOC, and Labor Relations.
 Managed and conducted quarterly audits.
 Worked collectively with the district/region Human Resources Manager in all investigations to ensure policies and procedures were in compliance with Company standards
Pros
Family/Work Life Balance
Cons
limited training
Has been a good place to work
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Justice, ILNovember 13, 2017
Best part of job is freedom to make own decisions. Typical day consists of pick up and delivery of textile industry related products. Resolving customer issues, contract renewals, upselling additional products.
Pros
freedom to make own decisions
Cons
cut back to 4 day work week
Unenjoyable work experience
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNNovember 13, 2017
The company has been bought by Cintas so things may be different now. Leadership was terrible, completely archaic processes, no support, high stress and long hours...lack of communication. Boring industry.
Pros
Attending trade shows
Solid company
Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 8, 2017
Great company awesome sales manager. Open work and lots of potential. Sales day was very productive. training was very thorough, ad inclusive. Very lucrative job.
Fasted, drama-filled and not respect for employees
Garnment Hanger (Former Employee) –  Little Rock ArkansasNovember 4, 2017
Not ideal for a person with a family. Management had a hard time keeping their lies straight. The plant condition we're horrible. No air what so ever and it was so hot to the point where you felt like passing out. Everybody was so rude to each other and half the time got along even in management. Not a good place to work for at all. They had their picks and chooses.
Benefits
Cons
Work environment unstable, hours were not good and management was terrible
Customer service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNNovember 3, 2017
fast paced but manageable, enjoyed the coworkers. liked the industry as a whole. disliked the policies they had with customer billing and service as a whole
Work/Life Balance was not good
Route Manager (Former Employee) –  Justice, ILOctober 26, 2017
Be there by 5am, get home by 6, then work at night till I go to bed and do it all over. There was too much of a work load to manage properly. Mgmt just wanted to boost revenue so they could sell the company which I found out later.
Nothing but a bunch of bull.
Maintenance Supervisor/Maintenance Planner (Former Employee) –  Justice, ILOctober 24, 2017
At first this company turned out to be ok, but then they started to lose money due to poor management and not working with the employees. Found out they were sold not to long ago.
Great Company to work for
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 24, 2017
Busy, competitive work days. Great team atmosphere. Your must be very detailed and very organized to run smooth daily operations. Upper management encourages you to make decisions as long as you can explain the "WHY". This is best company I have worked for.
Pros
Insurance, Great company to work for
Cons
If you do not keep detailed/ organized daily information...This job is not for you
G&K Services was recently acquired by Cintas
National Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 22, 2017
G&K Services was recently acquired by Cintas. During my time there, it was a great company run by great leaders. Plenty of opportunity for advancement & personal growth.
Job was good
Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 16, 2017
Worked 4 days a week with 3 day weekend for 5.5 years great place until we were bought out by cintas and we lost are jobs and I was not even offered a job
Pros
4 day work week
Cons
Some late late nights
Very fast paced
Route Driver/Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Flowermound, TXOctober 16, 2017
G@K was a good place to work, for the most part, however there was a lot of drive time. The reason that I left was because I was laid off. The company did give me two months severance pay, which I thought was very upstanding of the company.
Pros
Independence, salary, and benifits
Cons
Alot of drive time.
Good Sales Experience
ROUTE SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAOctober 15, 2017
As my first sales job I received great training on sales and customer service. I liked the freedom of being out on my route servicing my customers each day.
Watch your back
Shuttle Driver (Tractor/Trailer Driver) (Former Employee) –  United StatesOctober 10, 2017
Company doesn't care if they have managers that are not your managers threating you even if you have it recorded. Just get the stuff delivered. Own by Cintas now hopefully its better than before/
Pros
coworkers are great, home daily and off weekends
Cons
low pay, take alot of stuff from people you dont know

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G&K Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.7

1.7Personal Development

1.5Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight