G&K Services Employee Reviews

Outside Sales
Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXAugust 18, 2017
The sales cycle is very long, most prospective clients have a uniform program and are in a 5 year contract. A typical day is driving door to door in your territory to present information about uniform services. Contracts must be handwritten and signed by multiple people up at the office in Coppell. Artwork is turned in with the coordinator and samples can be ordered for potential customers that want to see the emblem on a shirt.
Pros
flexible schedule since you are in outside sales
Cons
very long selling cycle, not a leader in the industry
I really enjoyed this position
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAAugust 17, 2017
I enjoyed my job with GK ,they were purchased by competitor who closed down our location,i if not for this ,i was planning on retiring from this position.
Pros
Independent work environment, good pay, great customers
Cons
Traffic
Pretend Culture
GMO/Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  FLAugust 16, 2017
Company painted a great picture. However they never lived up to the talk. The people that actually worked there lived the culture but the executives never did. It was a shame. I came to be a part of what I was sold on.....That never happened
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 14, 2017
Before the merger G&K seemed to be way advanced when it came to procedures and processes to get things done. Handheld system simple and easy to use. Able to start any time in morning to get the job done which gives you more work family life. Facial hair and tattoos were accepted which made the work place such a better environment to be in.
Pros
benefits, work / life balance, bonuses, facial hair accepted, tattoos accepted
Cons
no plant in Jacksonville causes some missing items at times
Terrible experience
RSR (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 11, 2017
Whole experience was awful. Up at 3:30 am. I didn't get home until 7 or 8 at night. Customers hated the company. Out on medical leave for back fusion surgery. Was fired for being a burden to the company. I was actually given a promotion while I was on medical leave. I was told hope you feel better after being called a burden. Feel free to apply to your old job or any job when you want.
Great place until merger
Insight Integration Leader (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNAugust 7, 2017
Was a wonderful place to work until we were acquired by Cintas. Now most of the corporate positions have been cut. Those that have not been eliminated are working in less than desirable environment.
G & K Review
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 4, 2017
The job in and of itself wasn't bad, unfortunately the management culture was unprofessional at best and created a 'walking on eggshells' environment.
Pros
paid benefits, holidays
Cons
Poor management culture
Great place to work.
Senior Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXAugust 3, 2017
Good company to work for! Fair compensation and health benefits. Nice balance between work/family life. Very fast pace and different everyday. The location has an upbeat culture of success and winning.
Pros
Hard work pays off!
Cons
Pay and benefits could always be better.
Organized clothes in a good manners and put into shelves
procedure of finding clothes (Former Employee) –  685 Olive Street Saint Paul, MN 55130August 3, 2017
-Follow procedure of finding clothes

-Uniform wear practices professionally everyday at work

-Organized clothes in a good manners and put into shelves

-Operate printer for prints to keep tracks of clothes quantities
Overall good experience
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJuly 26, 2017
My experience with them has been pleasant and I picked up plenty of valuable skills in the process. I really like the four day work week while still getting weekends off.
good place to work
Folder (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJuly 20, 2017
I like to work there,,,,,but my son have medical problem,,,,that is why i left my job,,,,,,,I want to reapply but there is no position is available now,,,,
Excellent Company
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 19, 2017
This big company did everything to make you feel like you worked for a small mom and pop company. The entire team works together to make things happen. Great place to work!!
Job works well with great work ethic
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIJuly 19, 2017
If being efficient, quick with resolutions and keeping a strong moving pace, this job would be great for you. The work day could be shorter if you get done faster, but cutting corners will get you in trouble. A LOT of face to face customer service on all types of levels. Being great with making the best out of any situations could benefit you as well. Very rarely are you working with someone else, so you're going to be by yourself. A LOT of lifting, most of the time it's heavier loads, so being in better physical shape will also be beneficial. Last thing is having a clean driving record, most of your day is driving.
Fair and forward thinking company for the industry
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJuly 18, 2017
I would never have left had the company not chosen to change plans to re-locate Fredericksburg branch to Richmond.

Very fair in expectation and execution. Was a very good company to work for.
G&K- no longer in existence
Regional Human Resources Director, Gulf Plains (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 16, 2017
company was acquired by competitor , Cintas effective March 2017. All locations and employees were transitioned to new company, can not recommend since company is no longer in existence
productive work place
Wastewater Treatment Technician (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MDJuly 16, 2017
good place to work low stress environment company was recently sold to Cintas big changes are coming to all G&K Services location's as Cintas improves and upgrades the equipment.
treated good by management
Relief Driver (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJuly 16, 2017
drive work truck to deliver product to various customers learned a lot about route delivery management helpful and informative energetic and pleasant work place hardest part when trucks weren't loaded correctly most enjoyable being able to work with a variety of customers
Pros
great benifits
Cons
some delivery trucks were poorly mantained
Decent
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJuly 15, 2017
Management isn't too concerned about well-being and could be better. The environment isn't the best but the pay was decent and performance based on your productivity.
Good company overall, decent pay for reasonable work
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJuly 12, 2017
I worked at two different GK plants over a couple years. The first was well run by attentive management who had an eye on safety and productivity. They made the employees feel valued and would even work the wash floor if we were short handed.

The second plant I worked at was run by an apathetic, disorganized manager who didn't have a firm grasp of how his branch ran, and was more concerned with being buddies with the drivers than ensuring acceptable working conditions for the rest of his staff.

Like any company- if the middle management is garbage, the production workers are the ones who will pay for it.

Not sure how the recent merger will affect working conditions on the ground.
tough enviorment
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXJuly 11, 2017
it was a good job also helped me gain a lot of experience I think the first couple of days are the roughest but once you get the hang of things and understand what's going on things start to work out way smoother

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G&K Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.7

1.7Personal Development

1.5Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight