G&P Trucking Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Good pace, fun, loving co-workers.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pooler, GAJuly 23, 2018
I enjoyed my time working for G&P. My manager at the time was amazing and friendly and kind hearted. The drivers were almost always on time and very outgoing men. It felt like working with family.
Lots of opportunity!!!
driver (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCJuly 11, 2018
Great place to work, lots of miles, good incentives, great money, good management, best equipment ever! Lots of opportunity. My first job as a driver and it was great training that prepared me for my truck driving career.worked there about 8 mo.
Pros
great money
Cons
no sign on bonus
Laid back
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Gaston, SCJune 27, 2018
Bad experience my first year with G&P. My rig went in the shop for a service the next morning. I gets a call saying truck was in flames everything was burnt.
Bad
Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  Gaston, SCMay 8, 2018
Terrible management, will tell you anything to get you to work, and then do the exact opossite. Is a terrible company to work for, would not recommend to anyone.
Stuck in the 1980's
billing (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 1, 2018
This company does not have sick days and they take your vacation days any time you are out. This is the only company that finds ways for you to get work during a flood when other companies are finding ways to keep you safe and OFF the roads. The pay is the lowest since working at Taco Bell at min wage. If you ever get the flu or your child get the flu, you should cancel your real vacation or cruise because those 10 days for the whole year is gone. They can keep that .50 raise once a year and act like you should be happy to get that. They will overwork you and don't appreciate you when people leave and you fill in the gaps. The worst company I ever worked for and not just me was saying but family and friends too. I am now making $5/hr more per hour and less work and stress.
Pros
Cons
too many to list
great company
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Gaston, SCApril 10, 2018
Leave Memphis tn pick-up load heading to Laredo Texas leave Laredo Texas the head to North Carolina then back to memphis Tennessee get home Friday or Saturday
Pros
great company
Cons
Sometimes get stuck in Laredo Texas
Not the worst
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Gaston, SCMarch 26, 2018
Some of the employees are good team players. Managers do not communicate and it will be the downfall of this once great company. Drivers and employees are treated as easily replaceable and that does not make coming to work a priority.
Stay away
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 25, 2018
My first week with this company, they don't have a option for you. They will force you to drive 6 months over the road, before you can work local. It was a big mistake to even work for this company. They do not care about there drivers at all. The trainers will lie and the company will believe the trainer word over your word. The trainer lies will ruin your driving career with this company. You will get lies from everyone in this company. This company needs better trainers and needs to stop lying to their drivers. The company and trainers need to respect and treat new and beginner drivers better than they do. The trainer is not always in the passenger seat. I asked for a non smoker trainer, it didn't happen.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Company Atmosphere
Pricing and Traffic Analyst (Former Employee) –  Gaston, SCMarch 20, 2018
Many good people working there. Unfortunately there is a very sexist attitude that permeates the entire company and can be both demeaning and demoralizing.
Good training, low pay, good home time, decent equipment, dispatching issues.
Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 3, 2018
The bad: For a new regional OTR driver fresh out of CDL school at .38 a mile working a 70 hour week away from home the entire time your gross paycheck will be anywhere between $1000 and $500 depending solely on the runs your dispatcher gives you. Expect to average something around $650 take home based on my experience. You might get lucky and have a 3000 mile week or you might have a 1500 mile week more often. You'll waste a lot of time waiting to be loaded or unloaded and driving unpaid miles searching for empty trailers for your next load.

The good: You'll get very good training. You'll get decent equipment to work with. Good management. Decent facilities. And a huge plus is GP is very good about getting you home whenever you need time off and will work with your schedule when you want to work. No micro management, I've never been pressured to do anything I didn't want to do or been questioned about how I run.

Hardest part of the job is maneuvering the truck in places with inadequate room and having to do blind-side backing at night where you have to get out of the truck several times with a flashlight to see where you're backing.

Most enjoyable part of the job is just getting up in the morning with nothing to do but drive toward your destination you don't have to be at until the next day.
Pros
Home time
Cons
Low pay
Very bad company to work off
X driver (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCMarch 1, 2018
This company lies to drivers all the time.they say we r the back bone of this company. That's a lie.they need to look at there dispatchers.because all they do is lie to you.warning stay away.
Productive and fun
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Gaston, SCFebruary 3, 2018
I had a really nice trainer who wouldn't let me fail. So I really appreciate Mr. Van Williams he has done a wonderful job of training me and teaching me.
Pros
Good company to work for
Cons
Dispatchers has to do a better job of communicating
Enjoyable work environment
DRIVER PAYROLL/ACCOUNTS PAYABLE ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Gaston, SCJanuary 16, 2018
Would have stayed if I did not have to relocate. Supervisors allow you to do your job with no micro-management. Enjoyable work environment that allows you to interact with drivers and co-workers in relaxed stress-free workplace.
Pros
Calm environment
Cons
N/a
good starter company
Semi Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 6, 2018
great company to start your career, The manangement was great had a route going to Laredo Texas from Charlotte North Carolina every week.I Thought the pay should be a little higher for that route
Pros
great management
Cons
paid per mile is low
It’s an ok company
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Gaston, SCJanuary 2, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job was driving to different places. The hardest part of the job was when dispatch sent you on low miles short runs that waisted a significant amount of time on your clock. I learned dock backing and the training and safety training was very good.
Good Company
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Fountain Inn, SCNovember 2, 2017
Good company to work for. Excellent training and support from Management. Must be able to perform your duties with little supervision and compete task efficiently.
Pros
Good Honest People
Cons
Pay
Worst place I ever drove for.
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCOctober 22, 2017
The president of the company company is a bold face liar. He claims to be a Christian,but has no Christian values when it comes to his drivers. He reminds me of a used cars salesman. Managment is Greer,SC is a joke one particular dispatcher is spineless jerk. They lie constantly. I finally got tired of leasing my truck on to these southeastern companies,that are so full of lies and disrespect that I leased to a company out of Minnesota.
Pros
Cons
Too manny
Traffic & Pricing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gaston, SCOctober 20, 2017
OK place to work. Close to home. Would like more room for advancement. Needs better health care plan. Needs better pay for workers. Management needs to listen more to their workers.
Pros
close to home
Cons
No advancement
Home Dailey driver
Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Statesville, NCOctober 12, 2017
I work out of the Statesville Lowe's DC for g&p dispatchers out of Lowe's are very nice and it's nice to be home everyday but pay is not we're it needs to be for a truck driver, you will end up working long hours and short runs for a job that needs to be hourly not cpm. They go threw a lot of drivers
Pros
Home everyday
Cons
Long hours, low pay, slip seated, nasty co-workers trash the trucks
Worst company ever
Driver (Former Employee) –  Gaston scOctober 12, 2017
This is the worst company I have ever worked for. They don't care about the drivers, don't care if they are stuck out. You don't get compensated for being stuck out. You barely get detention. Always waiting on a truck or other drivers to get back. Dispatch is absolutely awful, don't know how to dispatch to keep within hours of service. Driver advocate is a joke, he cares less than the dispatchers. Management always says they'll take care of issues and never do. The other drivers are personable but most are unhappy. If you buck the work system they will fire you without warning.