G by Guess

United States289 reviews

Clear
3.0Pay & Benefits

storesaleclotheassociateretailclothingcustomfashion

Busy, but productive work place

Very productive work team. This store could get very busy at times but we always had a reasonable amount of staff to make sure everything could run smoothly.

Fun place to work!

There was a lot of diversity. The work culture was fun. Staffing is adequate so even during busy times it never got overwhelming. Pay starts low but you get raises and it’s easy to advance in the company.

Pros

Easy advancement

Cons

Associates don’t receive PTO or benefits

G by Guess insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job
  • Clear sense of purpose

Fun entry level and sometimes work with your schedule

I really liked working here but it definitely made me realize I don’t wanna do retail anymore. They worked with my schedule but consistently tried to pressure me to change my availability.

Pros

Relaxed pace

Cons

Low hours

A paycheck if you have no other choice

Upscale retail with nicer items to sell but same pay as most retail places. No benefits and barely anyone is offered full time. Managers only enjoy benefits. No room for growth. They will look for seasonal part time teens and young adults the most to replace months later.

Pros

Fun environment

Cons

Low pay / no benefits

not enough pay

compensation is laughable, not allowed to discuss our salaries even though it's obvious some are making less than others. sales associates are expected to do everything/practically run the store while managers laze around having conversations--just don't be caught doing the same unless you wanna get called out.

Pros

flexible schedule

Cons

pay, management

was decent

It was okay pay. there was a lot of room for growth with cassie s the district manager. cassie really cared. pay wasn't the best but it is a mall job. decent hours.

Selling to customer was easy

It was a fun place working there. They had lots of new cloths you can discounts on. A negative thing about working there are the hours. Shuts were 4-5 hours.

Pros

Discount on cloths

Cons

Short Shifts

The work space is great

My working experience with this company was great just didn't like the hours and pay wasn't woth it . they need to raise the pay and put more hourshou

Pros

Great workers

Cons

Pay hours

Not a bad place to work for customer service development

On the sales floor at the mall things may get a little hectic but if your motivated and consistent you will push through it all. This was short term but it served its purpose

Did not enjoy working there

They just got sued for not paying their employees I barely got back the money that I was owed for almost four years now. It is not worth it they are so picky based on looks

Very inconsistent

They are more concern about having the Store neat than selling. You have to fold and fold and clean and sometimes they don't care about the sales. Your hours depends on the sales, so in other words "sales" should be the priority no "folding clothes". You must use the "G by Guess" clothing in order to work there.

Pros

Bonus on a quarterly basis if the Store makes their Sales Goals.

Cons

No benefits at all and no hours.

Overwhelming at times.

The job was not hard, however the company expected way to much of you without the proper compensation. The district manager seemed lost at all times and the store manager was never there. They did not seem to care about having a nice work environment. It was completely drama filled. The good thing that came out of this job for me was becoming more independent and having to learn a lot of the things on my own since higher management was no help.

G by Guess wast a pretty good pace to work at.

G by Guess was a well balanced store that was fair with there hours when they wanted to be but the pay was trash and the way they would sometimes treat some of the employees who made a lot of sales sucked.

Competitive

You strive to meet your goal, just to get a little bit more hours, no commission. Very low pay, as well. This was just an entry level job. Did not enjoy having to pressure customers.

Wasn’t there very long

Not really much to say. Because I only work there for about 6 months, can’t give a good review. But I will say that their hours sucked especially for part- timers.

Good Benefits

Guess as a company provided great benefits, benefits department has always been helpful, return calls promptly. Very fast pace environment & competitive.

it was a fun place to work at

fun managers and coworkers but the scheduling was bad. shifts were only 3-4 hours long and only 4 days a week. checks were very small not enough to pay bills

productive and fun place to work at

I really love working for G by Guess specially because of the discounts. There are some slow days and then there are days where the store will be packed. It all depends on the sales too.

store was too far

the store manager was almost never there, leaving the other two assistant managers to stress over the numbers. the store was very far for the store manager to schedule some associates at 4 hours making some of them drive up to an hour JUST for a 4 hour shift.....mall was NEVER busy much less the store it self. the district manager never really saw the negative aspects about this mall... example; there was probably like only 17 stores open in the entire mall,stores keep closing left to right and they dont seem to understand that going to "work" in ghost town is getting the associates nor the assistant managers anywhere.

Pros

cute stuff

Cons

lack of presence of store manager, bad salary for location

Store was too far

My hourly wage was low compensation for how far the store was from Las Vegas. The SM was not around often which left me and one other assistant running the storw.

Pros

Good discounts, cute stuff

Cons

Unfair pay

Alright place

Didnt really get paid that well Good thing about this company was that the work environment was pretty cool. If you were flexible the team would help you with your hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G by Guess. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits