G Hospitality

Working at G Hospitality: 10 Reviews

United States10 reviews

Great staff and great atmosphere

Long hours but worth it, especially in the warmer months. I’ve learned a lot about the service industry through working at the Rooftop at the G, from server in an upscale atmosphere to learning to lead the team. Management has been great. I think a lot of restaurants struggled a bit through the pandemic and we’ve gotten back to a full staff and a great management team.

Pros

Staff meal every shift, Great co-workers and a family like dynamic, Management does their best to give staff requested days off.

Cons

Long shifts, No employee discount on menu items.

Great place to learn. Lots of promotion opportunities.

Great place to work. I was able to move through a number of different types of restaurants and roles. High expectations, but fair. The hours can be long, but the money is good.

Pros

Career advancement, great experience, great tips

G Hospitality insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Overall satisfaction

Horrible management/High turn over rate

This company has an extremely high turn over rate. Severely lacks consistency, management is almost nonexistent. All employees are miserable, probably due to no appreciation and staff shortage, employees are overworked and not allowed any type of break. No employee meal or discount is allowed either. Attempting to be fine dining but falling comically short. Don't waste your time here.

Cons

No breaks, no management, no accountability, no clear rules, lie about what they are truly serving if they run out of something

Great Atmosphere and Management

The Environment is Clean and it's a fun place to work. As a server the money is great. The Managers are strict but Fair. I would have never left if I did not have to move.

Productive and professional place to work at

I worked long hours to feed the needs of customers and management. I learned how to work with other cultures and diversities (me being form Jamaica). The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting former President of the United States Barack Hussein Obama.

Upper management

The staff that works below upper management is amazing to work with. However managers are treated like they are slaves. Expected to work 6-7 days a week for low pay and no job safety. I strongly feel as though they do not respect the lives of their employees and only see them as a number on a paper. That being said there is a lot of great professional experience that you can learn from here. It is very high paced and we strive to have the highest quality and standards.

Pros

Experience

Cons

Lack of professional respect

Good Starting Point For My Career

This was my first time being exposed to what it is like to be a manager in the restaurant industry. I learned a lot; like how to adapt and overcome problematic scenarios.

Pros

Great Food, Great Staff

Cons

Owners were ignorant

Productive, fun place to work

Beautiful venue, upscale crowd, The venue switches mangers it seems every three years. The reason i believe is the inability for the upper management to give the managers creative control.

Pros

reasonable pay and good benefits for management. Great owner.

Cons

parking

Its a fast paced shift on the weekends

It is a good job when you are in school. The weekends are busy. The atmosphere is fun. There is games and karaoke room for customers can use. The food is very good,

Pros

Discounted food

Cons

Short staff

Fun place to work with good people

This place is ok to work at. They currently own 4 restaurants and are looking to open more and go corporate so it is in a bit of a transitional stage and at times it feels they are trying to do too much. this is evident in the lack of communication there is between owner to manager to servers. My times there is a new promo or even a new menu and the servers and bar staff are unaware of it until half way through the night. However the management is nice and the people you work with become your best friends.

Pros

good money, fun people to work with, half off meals

Cons

no benefits, communication break downs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G Hospitality. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

G Hospitality Reviews by Location

Learn about G Hospitality in popular locations

• G Hospitality
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?