G4S Employee Reviews

32.2K
11K
Found 4,773 reviews matching the search See all 8,617 reviews
Productive good coworkers
Security guard at Mt Sinai hospital (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 22, 2018
Poor management, learned alot customer service, never got to go home on time always mandation for the full 16 hr shift
Good coworkers, Doing 16 hrs shift
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Poor managment
fun place to work nice people to work with
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 22, 2018
i had fun working there there just werent any benefits and i needed benefits for my son and i. we were able to sit and talk as long as we got out work done and our manager was really cool
Pros
free food
Cons
no benefits
It a fun place to work
IT Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJuly 21, 2018
Great work environment, friendly colleagues, there is a lot of attention to details that is specified. Always having room for growth. It’s a great company to work for. They treat their workers with dignity, this company puts their workers first.
working environment
Custom Protection Officer (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 19, 2018
I had to make rounds and patrol various buildings to assure the safety of all staff and clients. Assist visitors with checking in and locations. Conduct package inspections daily.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Low wages
Captain (Current Employee) –  Dublin, GAJuly 19, 2018
G4S is overall a great place to work. As long as you follow policies and procedures, and do what's required of you on your site then you will not have any problems. Any time you need someone from the cooperate office, all you have to do is pick up the phone and call and they will assist you in any way they can.
Pros
Professional environment
Lots of hours! No kept promises!
EMT-Basic (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OHJuly 19, 2018
What they pay for an EMT in Ohio is pretty good, one of the best for not working with a city department. The orientation for the position is EXTREMELY short, the company orientation is a lot longer. There is no testing or skills evaluation required for the position. The management has NO CLUE what is required by the Department of Public Services to function as an "Emergency Services" provider. They did not provide any medical direction, no protocols to follow, none of the required equipment to safely complete the job requirements. Communication with management in the regional office was non-existent.

Now, there were more hours available to work than you could ever imagine, partly because it was impossible to keep an employee on site for more than 30 days. The guards/EMTs that did/do stay are devoted to the money and each other, this makes the friendships developed there the best.
Pros
Pay rate, hours available to work, friendships
Cons
Communication, equipment, policies
Good company
Security Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 18, 2018
Good company, decent wages. Excellent career advancement.
Not many sites within philadelphia, but increasing presence. Poor management in philadelphia region.
exciting place to be
Security Officer/Metal Detector (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAJuly 18, 2018
it depends on the location that they will place you at, stuff members are down to earth, cool and respectful of their employees. but very strict when it come to your job duties.
Pros
great teamwork
Cons
short breaks
good pay
Transportation Officer-Transports (Current Employee) –  yuma azJuly 17, 2018
great plce to work, good pay,
great supervisors, great co worker, great pay
great leave, great vacations, great food, great customers
great cook outs, great human resources, great communication.
Pros
pay is great
Cons
contrat
A secure job setting.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 17, 2018
The overall experience of working with G4S was a learning one.. if you can get over the learning-curve than its an excellent place to work for.... They have different posts available so it really depends where you get located at.
Pros
lots of overtime.
Cons
lots of overtime and no relief at times.
Not bad
Bank Protection Officer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 16, 2018
not a bad company to work for one of the best in the valley. the management staff cares for its employees. Pay is better than most in the valley and they provide free guard card classes. all you have to do is pay the state fees..
Good Job
Upscale Security Officer (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXJuly 16, 2018
Its an amazing place to work at and amazing company overall. vert professional. This a good company to work for. other than that its a fair place of employments and the managers are great in my area
Overworked and Underpaid
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 16, 2018
Overtime was the only way you can survive.

Management was Non-existent 50% of the time... then overbearing the other 50%.

I worked 60+ per week and had no life outside of work
Pros
Cons
Management, Pay, Advancement opportunities
Decent Place to Start
Unarmed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 15, 2018
G4S is a site that takes a very strict approach with hiring and a thorough approach to training. Its sites vary in its duties, yet remains standard in its expectations.
Where is my boss?
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Easton, PAJuly 15, 2018
I was promoted to Officer II in a few weeks, which required just a few tests and additional training. After that I was promoted to Site Supervisor at a new location. Everything was ran smoothly, even with my supervisor MIA ninety percent of the time. Anytime I put in any sort of request, whether it was simple uniform up keep or something for the client, it took weeks to months to be followed through with if anything even came out of it. Multiple times I have put in new uniform or winter uniform requests to my supervisor and they never came through while my guards were stuck in six feet of snow wearing nothing but a windbreaker jacket. I've put in requests for a company email for myself to better contact and inform the clients of anything that happens during the shift, I was told it would be done first thing Monday morning; 3 weeks of reminding later, nothing came of it. This was for the clients, not my own ego, but for the ones who payed our checks and held our contract. When it comes to "job security" it is non-existent, my personal story, I got a call on a Thursday night and was told "Saturday is our last day at that site, clients canceled their contract". That is a three day notice of lay off. I was then told in order to remain with the company I would be forced to accept a demotion and pay cut to be placed at a different site. If you are retired and got bored of sitting at home all day, apply for this job, if you are looking to advance and make a career out of this job, apply else where.
Pros
12 hour shifts, 3-4 day weekends.
Cons
Some sites you are the only guard on duty, if someone calls out you have no choice but to wait till coverage arrives (if it does)
Director, Strategic Accounts (Former Employee) –  Houston TexasJuly 15, 2018
I was afforded the opportunity and autonomy to enhance security and safety related programs across the U.S. while focusing my attention on Petroleum and Chemical client companies.
Productive Workplace
BANK PROTECTION OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJuly 15, 2018
I personally love my employment with G4S. They are the best company I have ever worked for. The benefits are awesome and you even get discounts for other things just for being an employee. There is plenty of room for growth as long as you are willing to learn and grow.
Pros
Benefits, Compensation, Advancement Opportunities
Cons
Management could be a little more organized
Good Place, Bad Pay
Customs Protection Officer (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 14, 2018
If you’re a grown up with bills and live on your own... This is not the place for you. It’s cool if you’re 22-25 and still at home with mommy and daddy. But anyone over 20 with kids making it work by themselves; you’ll need another job with this one. They just don’t pay well. Turnover is very high! Most young officers come and go! They’re there for a month or two and find another job.
Pros
You can put the SITE name on your resume
Cons
Pay is terrible, turnover is high!
Not a job for everyone
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAJuly 14, 2018
Working for G4S, like any other company, has its ups and downs.
Communication amongst our site team is outstanding; everyone is willing to collaborate with each other to get the job done. However, communication with the home office could be improved.
At the end of the day, the most important thing to remember is that-regardless of your feelings towards your home office or supervisors-there is a job that needs to be done. My recommendation if you want to work for this company, is to have a go-getter attitude and a drive to do better: it’ll go a long way!
As far as pay goes, my site pays pretty well. People must understand that G4S does not determine your hourly rate: the client does.
Pros
Great team, great site assignment
Cons
Not so great communication with home office
flex officer
custom protection officer (Former Employee) –  Sarasota County, FLJuly 12, 2018
A typical day at work is defined by safety and security briefs post, and the assigning of staff members to sites unarmed or armed,. I have learned that I must be vigilant and pay attention to detail as a security officer/steward. The management is desirous of sharpening the skills of the staff members by ensuring they attend relevant courses on safety and security to keep up their skills on their post. . Their is nothing hard about the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to go to various amount of sites ,new scenes unarmed or armed.
Pros
new sites, being in a arm post
Cons
n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G4S. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight