G4S

• Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

growth

The organization has lots of opportunities to grow in. The locations are all over the place so you can transfer and move to different locations with the job.

Fast paced environment

Fun fast paced environment with the ability to accomplish multiple goals while learning. Meet allot of new people while accomplishing goals.

Pros

Fast paced

Cons

Breaks

They don't care.

You're just a number to them. They expect you there whether you're on your death bed or have covid. There are no benfits...no PTO...NOTHING!!! Worst company I've ever worked for.

Cons

Everything bad that can happen, WILL!

Lots of vagrant issues. Too many to count. Lots of issues with restrictions hinder us in our work. Not enough security staff and not enough security staff doing their jobs correctly in order to establish a system that works.

The Team

G4S is a team culture, it’s a place where good vibes are always present. We help each other to get the job done. Never a dull moment and happy to be part of this great company!

Pros

Great atmosphere we work together

Cons

Company Sold

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.

Good company to work for

I enjoyed my time with G4S & it was a good company to work for, especially just starting in security. I met some really great people who wanted nothing but the best for me, my job, and my future career.

Pros

Very nice staff

Dont get stuck

Get what you need and learn what you can. Look for better opportunities. You have to remember that you Co-workers are not your friends. This is a place of work and you should keep it as such

Pros

paid on time

Cons

company takes too long to supply uniform

I liked this job

I was in Macon and loved it. My second supervisor was awesome and treated us fairly and with respect. The pay was fair and the only reason I left was because covid shut down my site and I had to move on. Other then that this was a great job.

Pros

Pay on time, cute uniform, great hours, great boss

Cons

No covid support or supplies but this was a great job.

Cool job, everything goes by seniority… to get the perfect schedule, bonuses, everything. Breaks are nice until you are being called for an emergency and you have to go now.

Pros

Uniforms look cool

Cons

Healthcare

Mobile operation

They had many sites in WNC. I did enjoy going for armed training and even more enjoyed the folks that I worked with at the site that I was assigned. This is a good place to work.

Pros

Change of scenery

Cons

Way too much drama for one place

Jobs at G4S

See more jobs

Fast paced sites, team work, management always willing to help out when need it. permanent schedule and overtime available at some sites. Growth opportunites !

My schedule is flexible

I like my schedule, the pay is decent. The people I work with are good employees. The employees of the client I work for can be a challenge at times to work with, but overall, it's one of the best sites I've worked for in the contract security profession.

Pros

Schedule, pay

Cons

Distance i travel to work, 30 miles one way.

Entirely Dependent Upon Location

My position is as a guard for a company that contracts with other companies, so their contract determines my pay (regardless of my job performance). If I were transferred to another post? My pay may increase or decrease. Different posts have different personnel, therefore different work environments. You won’t know until you’ve been there for awhile whether things are working out… or not. I’ve been fortunate, but I’ve seen a tremendous amount of turnover because of (ahem) unfortunate circumstances.

Pros

Paid training on simplistic tasks.

Cons

Only get “vacation pay” on yearly anniversary, not when vacation is taken.

One of the better ones.

As security companies go G4S was one of the better ones. The pay was slightly higher then others and the training was more thought out and meaningful. The management really is assessable at all times as needed for both work issues and personal needs. The company was just bought out by allied universal so be mindful about how that will affect management. That’s like Waffle House buying out IHOP.

Pros

Better management, Schedule Reliability

Cons

No upward growth, company merging.

Great entry into the Criminal Justice system

Great entry into the Criminal Justice system. You are never in one place. You can easily make overtime and you won’t even feel it. Working in the city is painful as a field investigator.

Not supportive, low pay, no advancement

The managers talk down to you on a regular basis. The company says that it's all about family and teamwork and that is absolutely not true. You have to pull every single detail out of them one by one to get full instructions. The training is horrible. Long hours only two days off every 12 days and the pay is definitely not worth it

Cons

Poor management, long hours for little pay, only two days off every 12 days, lack of realistic training. No advancement opportunities

Nice place

Sad to see the company being taken over by allied it was great working with everyone. I wish everyone well. Thank you for the opportunity. Wish we had a better notice regarding the take over

The job is at a place that feel connected to

Overall is a nice place to work. It has a flexible schedule but it needs to pay more and better benefits. I would recommend this job to other people.

Pros

Schedule and free food sometimes

Cons

Healthcare and pay rate

It's a job.

If you are ok with making just above minimum wage with no chance for advancement or a raise, if you are ok with losing your holiday pay because you already worked overtime that week, if you are ok with a job and not a career, then G4S is the place for you. Soon to be Allied Security as soon as the take over is complete.

Pros

You have plenty of time to contemplate your life's choices

Cons

This is a dead end

Not worth the stress

Over worked and under paid. They do not care about you. 5 days pto after working a year. Breaks are cut short with some management, and non existing with others.

Typical Contract Security Company

It's about dollar and cents. Fill the shift with a warm body. Everyone fends for themselves. Constant promises that were just lies to convince you to keep showing up.

Pros

Lots of workd

Cons

pay, support

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G4S. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.1K

InHerSight Score
1.8Personal Development
2.4Career Opportunities
1.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight