G4S Employee Reviews

Found 4,946 reviews matching the search See all 8,891 reviews
Very relaxed and quiet.
Upscale Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 21, 2018
Depending on the location that you work it can be really relaxed slow and moderately boring. Learned where and when specific things needed to be checked and to make often patrols around locations.
Pros
Meet new people, and get a lot of alone time.
Cons
Low pay, and crazy hours.
These are home base jobs.
SIU Specialist II - Field Investigator (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NC 27615September 21, 2018
Well organized satellite employment platform with secure web communication, employer management and supervisory parameters that keep you on track without the need of micro management or with minimum supervision.
Pros
Distant supervision.
Cons
No personal treatment when facing personal or personnel issues.
Great sites
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 21, 2018
The job has great people that work you work with. They also treat you well. They also understand the real world with real issues that people occur in there day to day life.
Stressful
Security Guard trainer (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILSeptember 20, 2018
To many changes and lacks communication between supervisors and officers also feel like I'm just a body rather than a valuable asset to the company. No sick days and get penalized for being sick.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Lack of pay they hire people that are immature and unqualified
Completely inept management that cares nothing about you
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  La Vista, NESeptember 20, 2018
I worked for G4S for about 3 years and this was honestly the worst job I have ever had. You are treated like you don't matter whatsoever and work to life balance is awful. Constant turnover due to not having a rigid training schedule, so no one knows what they're doing. The management from the local and in San Jose is filled with people who have no idea what is going on at any of their sites and only drop in when they absolutely have to. The management is by far the most inept I have ever seen at any job I have had. It literally boggles my mind that these people got into the jobs they are in with their level of mental fortitude. Do not accept a job from this company. You will be promised things that will never happened and run ragged with overtime because they don't care about you.
Pros
When I quit
Cons
Management, Everything
n/a
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 20, 2018
I did enjoy my time working at G4S. However, management had clear favorites and was not fair to the whole crew at my site. Therefore I started to look at other places for employment and was offered a better position.
Security Officer
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 19, 2018
Management is a joke the head office doesn't communicate with the different job sites. Was hired as part time and because i was attending school without notice they dropped my hours from 28ish a week to "on call status" because they were hiring new guards who would only stay around for a week and always calling me to pick up the extra off shifts from my availability because they knew i needed the hours to pay my bills
Fun place, People are amazing
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Wheatfield, INSeptember 17, 2018
I enjoyed working on site security. The workers were fun to work with. Very professional setting, yet laid back. Nothing bad to say about G4S. I would highly recommend others to work for them.
Pros
Cons
Completely dead on weekends
No room for advancement
Shared Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 17, 2018
Being with the company for more than a year, I've seen my equals get promotions only because they know someone higher up. This job only wants to use you for their benefit and when they're done with you, they mistreat you. No raises and only micromanage! Only pros are free birthday breakfasts each month.
Waited 1 month for call back!
Up Scale security Officer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 16, 2018
At G4S you are just an employee number, a warm body to fill job sites. HR took a month to respond to my emails and phone calls after training. They responded after I had found Employment at Allied Universal. I would've left Allied and Went back to G4S because of the Pay differential but Allied Universal gave me a warm welcome and Matched what G4S was going to pay me.
productive,laid back,and consistant.
SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Maretts, GASeptember 16, 2018
I love the people I work with, the diversity and experience that I am receiving will be great for my resume, I love my job but it is time for me to advance in my career area.
all about g4s
Traditional Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 15, 2018
Typical day at g4s is just sitting in the booth monitoring main gate or which ever gate you are at. I learned that it is ok to make mistakes The management is ok. There is really not a hard part the job is very easy
Pros
sitting around
Cons
boring
Easy and slow paced job, but had to work 16 hour shifts sometimes
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Boardman, ORSeptember 14, 2018
The job was great at first but progressively gotten worse due to employees quitting or not showing up on time. This let to many 16 hour shifts that lowered the morale of many officers.
Pros
A lot of overtime
Cons
No social life
Too many bodies not enough hours/ you get 1-2 days while rest get 4 days cause of (time-in)
Bank Protection Officer (Current Employee) –  Cranford, NJSeptember 14, 2018
The supervisor is great however I feel they have to many bodies and not enough hours. Not right someone has more time and gets more days. You get 1day
Pros
Good hours when available
Cons
Play favorites amongst staff over hours while new guys are told something else
Poor Management
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 13, 2018
At both sites I had poor leadership. The supervisor was more interested in being friends with everyone instead of being a leader. The employees who were less than professional were treated better than the employees who show up for every shift on time without complaint.
Love it
Assistant Site Supervisor - USO (Former Employee) –  EvansvillSeptember 13, 2018
One of the best companies to work for. I love the people and the different variety you can do. Everyone is down to earth and cares about their fellow co-workers.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Short staffed
Great Co-Workers, but bad Upper Management and low pay
Traditional Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILSeptember 12, 2018
The overall work environment was pretty lacks, but the low pay and awful upper Management made it hard for morale.

Besides that most of the other officers and supervisors were great people.
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
Low Pay
No comment
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 12, 2018
No room for advancement, no raise after 3 years on this contract, poor supervisor, no stability, work is not challenging, but gets complacent, not a for a young person that is career minded.
Pros
Work hours
Cons
No raise, no sick days
Stick to what you're best at, security systems
Network Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 11, 2018
I was hired for a telecom/fiber expansion project which was awarded as part of a large expansion of the fiber network in Massachusetts. The only problem is that most employees there had very little experience with designing and building this type of network.

Although I witnessed personally the expertise and high quality work done in the main business unit, security systems design and build, I maintain that G4S had no business winning that Western Massachussets Broadband Initiative contract, as they were not qualified as an organization to produce a good result.
Pros
Nice people, professional work environment, good work life balance
Cons
Stale ideas, unable to adapt to meet needs of new business areas
help
Patrol Officer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 11, 2018
I feel the company is a great company to work for but need more help and alot of turn over with the management department.. Hopefully they are making changes to the company know..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G4S. Our community is ready to answer.

52.3K

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss