G4S Employee Reviews

11K
Found 4,702 reviews matching the search See all 8,493 reviews
Great Experience
SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Cranford, NJJune 21, 2018
It is a nice place to work. The staff is friendly and knowledgable and the client is a joy to work with. I would recommend them to prospective employees.
Ever Changing
Major/Area Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VA, White Marsh, MDJune 21, 2018
I work on my job but it seems that the supervisors hold back information that could help me move forward in this company. I've been a supervisor for numerous years but I wouldn't promote it because some of the things they do aren't right. They teach on ethics but are not following their own rules. The officers make a little of nothing on their sites and with what they do some of them only make enough to buy groceries but not to pay bills.
Pros
I off most weekends
Cons
They judge where you work according to the way you look or your size and that is so unfair.
It was a great place to work but was to far to travel.
Security Guard Officer (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 21, 2018
I enjoyed working for G 4 S only problem wear and tear on the vehicles I had at the time. There was a lack of communication in the ranks at the site I was at.
Pros
Great job lots of friends
Cons
Lack of communication
Looks great at first, Don't be fooled.
Custom Protection Officer (Armed) (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 20, 2018
The hours they force you to work are ridiculous. I didn't mind working overtime (and originally I welcomed it), but the schedule is unbelievably inconsistent. They will expect you work work a 16 hour shift one day, get off at some late hour, then be up for first shift the next morning, work another 12 hours, then show up that night for a 12 hour 3rd shift. Bottom line, don't EVER expect time off. I understand that some people want the overtime, but I can assure you that with the pay rates at most sites, you will be bumped into the next tax bracket and you will lose ALL of your overtime to taxes, making it not worth it whatsoever. You'll gross $2,000 and only take home $1500. I worked flex (meaning you work all the sites, and lots of overtime) for about 6 weeks, and finally they burned me out. I asked to be taken off of flex, and they agreed. Then they slowly starting asking me for favors helping out at other sites, and now I am basically a full blown flex again against my will. You may think it is worth the pay, but I can assure you it is not.
Cons
No time to yourself
great enviorment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 20, 2018
friendly staff ,easy to work with. the staff and employees are very friendly and helpful and work well together and as a team. Also you got a chance to watch games and meet big names while working.
Pros
great pay
Cons
alot of work days
New employee, nothing bad to say!
Unarmed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Church Hill, TNJune 20, 2018
I'm on my first week as an unarmed security guard. My training was simple. I was coming 3 hours away, training was paid for the week, and they put me in a hotel for 4 days paid for by G4S(only if you drive long distance will this happen). My post was in Church Hill, and my supervisor and co-workers are super helpful. For a guy whose never worked security, this has been a sweet job and Im glad I applied. Some people will work in movie theatres, banks, or hospitals, but I work in a guard house outside a factory.

I was given uniforms for free; 3 uniforms(shirts, pants, hat, and silver badge) from the Knoxville office.

You have to pay $30 for fingerprints, and $70 for your security license before you start, which they walk you through it. Im working 8 hours a day, off weekends, and a weeks paid vacation when you work a year. I worked at my last job for 5 YEARS with no paid vacation.
Pros
Very little interaction with people, work alone, cowokers are great, 40 hours a week
Cons
Pay could be higher for what we do.
Enjoyed working here, friendly staff for the most part.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 20, 2018
I had a variety of duties that I performed that kept me busy through my day. I enjoyed the staff that was there on a daily basis, they were friendly and helpful to learn the office routine.
Not a really bad or really good place to work
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 20, 2018
The company was not that bad, but could have been better. They do recognize their employees when they do a good job by rewarding them with a prize of $100.00 and a G4S jacket. I would not mind working for them again, but would prefer to not. The pay was not adequate for today's cost of living, $11.00 an hour for an armed security officer was what they paid when I was there and that is just over minimum wage, no where near what it should be, but then the company is getting paid much more for having you on site. That's just the way it is.
worst contract security company in St. Louis
Security (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 20, 2018
I have worked for several different security companies over the years and this company is by far the worse. The company pays on the higher end because they can't find anyone to work for their company. All of their accounts are in jeopardy and their clients don't even like them. They are grossly understaffed, and they have less then 5 people in their office in management positions that are not qualified, do not communicate, and treat everyone unprofessionally.
stressful work place
Youth care worker (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 19, 2018
A typical work day was 8 hours to 16 hours a day. workplace was stressful the most enjoyable part of the job was getting paid, hardest part of job is working with disrespectful kids
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
health care
Unproductive
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJune 19, 2018
Boring with little advancement opportunities, work pace is slow with little lots of micromanaging. Employees not doing the recommended jobs and sleeping while on duty.
Cons
no breaks or lunch
Fun place to work
Custom Protection Officer (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLIGHTJune 19, 2018
It’s a fun to work you just don’t get Raises And the benefit is expensive you do get over time it’s a friendly environment Everybody looks out for you each other if you don’t like your site you can actually get a post change
Pros
Over time
Cons
Health care
Flex Officer
CPO Armed Security (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 19, 2018
Working security is stressful. G4S is abusive to their flex officers when I was a flex. I now am in a permanent position and it has been a lot better to work for them.
This place is terrible to work for.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Eden, NCJune 19, 2018
This place is awful to work for. They don't pay well at all and want you to work in terrible conditions. They charge you for your uniforms and license. The upper management are unprofessional.
Minimal supervision
Field Investigator (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAJune 18, 2018
G4S is a good company to work for. You have minimal supervision but supervisors are readily available. You have incentives for working hard. You also have the ability to promote. It's also great working with professionals that have a wealth of knowledge in this field.
Pros
Work freedom
Cons
Travel percentage
Good Company to work for
Officer (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 18, 2018
The management cares about you as an employee and is always willing to listen to you. The benefits could be better and the vacation should increase if you stay for a long time
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Vacation never increases
company doesnt care for employees
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Waterford, CTJune 18, 2018
busy 12 hour night shift. Many different security roles to learn. fast paced

poor management and minimal at best opportunities for advancement

poor union who couldnt help
Great place to work with great advancement opportunity
Area Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 18, 2018
I worked at G4S fro six (6) years and enjoyed most of them. Because of my military background I moved up through the ranks quickly and was given opportunities to grow learn and advance my security career. Really enjoyed working for the company despite being short-staffed and overworked most of the time.
Pros
Advancement and learning opportunities.
Cons
Excessively long work hours and poor management of branch office.
Great if you want more choices in job sites
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sanford, NC 27330June 18, 2018
This is a large multi national company with many thousands of employees so it has most of the pros and cons that go along with that . Greater possibilities when you want to transfer to another state but you loose that personal touch
Pros
More choices in job sites
Cons
Benifites are job site driven
Its ok to get stable
LEAD/TRAINER SECURITY OFFICE (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 18, 2018
Youre just exisitng with g4s, no room for advancement if you dont have degrees. also theyll hire new people and give them posts that pay wayyy more.. there is no seniority here which really sucks..only one week of vacation..
Pros
Keeps you stable so much overtime
Cons
no advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G4S. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss