G4S Employee Reviews

Featured review
G4S selected this as a representative review
great place to work,
Lima Ohio (Former Employee) –  Security officerNovember 10, 2011
This Company does take care of it Employees, and the benefits are great, the pay is real good, and advancement is promising
Pros
excellent pay, good benefits
See Comments
Secuirty Officer (Former Employee) –  Kadlec Hospital WaJanuary 18, 2019
Kadlec Hospital is a nitemare and way to much politics to work. I have filed a official EEOC complaint on the emergency dept. and one volunteer. More to follow.
Pros
Cons
No clue of of security and or law enforcement environment of the staff, They need to be trained as well.
G4s
Security Officer Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL 32207January 18, 2019
For the long hours working and standing the pay grade should be more given the task they expect to be carried out as Security Officers. They should not have 12 hour shifts and change the time of shift work.

Ex: 6AM-2PM - Good Shift
8AM-5PM - Good Shift
2PM-10PM - Good Shift

4Day Work Week

6AM- 4PM - Good Shift Hours working 4 - 10hr. days and off three

Eliminate the 12 hour weekend shifts and make them 8hr shifts.
Pros
Relaxed Environment
Cons
Not enough Pay.
Management Issues
Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 18, 2019
great company just bad Local Management, local management unable to build good working relationship with staff or employees, local management planted seed of distrust and failed to look out for employees. Management was bias on who would get promoted and tended to promote there friends.
Pros
Great Corporate Leadership
Cons
Bad Local Management
A Great Company to work for
Bank Protection Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 18, 2019
G4S is a an overall great company to work for. Many career opportunities and room for advancement when taken the initiative. Managers are helpful with information and additional training is always available.
Fun
Private Investigator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 17, 2019
I enjoyed working for G4S Surveillance and Investigations. It was a very challenging environment. It brought me closer to the criminal justice field.
Awesome job
Uniformed Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Papillion, NEJanuary 17, 2019
The management was very supportive. The environment was a serious one, but due to the great attitude and leadership from the supervisors and management, the day was stress free and enjoyable
Pros
Awesome Management
Cons
Health coverage kinda sucked
Good if you have no opinion and keep quiet
CUSTOM PROTECTION OFFICER (Former Employee) –  WisconsinJanuary 17, 2019
I found that you are left alone if you don't voice your opinion. I found it very difficult to advance into another position or site. I followed up with management more than they followed up with me.
Pros
Uniforms
Cons
Favoritism
Disparaging
TSO Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 17, 2019
Unless you are military, college graduate, or former law enforcement do not expect any chance of advancement no matter the site you work at. Doesnt matter your years of experience
Pros
Travel discounts
Cons
Everything else
G4s
Hospital Protective Services Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309January 15, 2019
Overall the company gives the hours if you want to work.
Great company to work for to get established.
Recommend to work here if you want to get into some type of law enforcement.
lack of high pay
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAJanuary 15, 2019
steady work but low pay did not apreacated the fact that I had my own security company, armed much more qualified fieds like bodyguard high stress and more qualified than most the people working there and yes much more quified left due to my father being ill and I took care of him till his death
Pros
steady
Cons
lack of pay
uhh contract security
security (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 14, 2019
its contract security. Just a paycheck until u find a real job. They will suck you dry and kill you with hours if you good. Welcome to China. Just a pay check nothing more.
Overall a decent employer
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 14, 2019
Individual Site Supervisors are generally caring and professional, striving to build a team environment. Mandatory overtime happens, but infrequently. Upper management is less caring, not so good at fostering a team environment, pay could always be better!
Pros
Fair pay, caring supervisors, team environment
Cons
Mandatory overtime, upper management standoffish
One of the better security firms
Upscale Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJanuary 14, 2019
I worked at multiple sites for G4S and the assignments varied. In most cases it was not stressful. I learned about how the security industry operates. I obtained my security license through classes at the branch office. The pay is competitive for the area, but it rarely enough to live on generally speaking. As a security officer you can expect to work weekends and holidays. I often had to work overtime as well, and usually without advanced notice. Management seemed to have a lot of turnover which influences exactly what prioritizes are emphasized, but didn't impact us on any regular basis. They offer benefits, but they are not great. G4S is probably one of the better security providers out there. They are a large company so there is potential for advancement although many don't seem to believe this.
Pros
One of the better security firms
Cons
Working hours
Bad company always short on psy!!!!! Manager dont care!!!!!
Willowbrook (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 14, 2019
Bad Company Chicago Willowbrook!!!! Alway short on paydsy!!!! Manager HR Very Unprofessional!!!! Dont care about officer family!!!! Always worried about payday after working hard !!! And HR Manager get attitude when asked about pay.
Pays the bills
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX 77092January 14, 2019
with the turn over rate there is plenty of opportunity for OT, but after a contract ends its hard to find a new job/ location. contracts seem to be up for bid frequently.
Bad culture
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Wadsworth, TXJanuary 14, 2019
Chilling work environment. Advancement is who you know. Favoritism. Retaliation. Low pay. Management works off a buddy system. Trying to take what little benefits we have.
Good company
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 13, 2019
I like this job . Very good company. I m looking a better job .g4s is better than other security companies. I have to buy home so I looking better job .
G4’s is a good company
Commission Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 13, 2019
I like to work G4’s because I want to make a good opportunity .there is manny way to make life.on of my friend working in G4’s long time ago in Dubai .
Double Standards towards management, not proactive related to justice for employees.
Armed Bank Protection Officer, Armed CPO (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 12, 2019
Overall poor in every area, the company doesn't stand up for the employees the way should. Management looks out for themselves.
They also do not govern the company by their own code of ethics.
When an employee files claim management, reporting to HR Employee Relations, they turn against whistleblowers not want to admit to their own guilt.
Pros
Lots of employee recognition for those who go along with the status quo.
Cons
Resentment towards pro-active employees treat them as trouble makers.
Excellent Security Company
Customs Protections Officer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 12, 2019
Very detailed oriented company and very image conscience. Best training in security I've ever received. G4S is a very thorough with screening and posting of personnel, they endeavor to always place the best personnel in key posts.
Pros
Cons
Not many...didn't come across any during my tour

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G4S. Our community is ready to answer.

52.7K

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss