G4S

United States8,396 reviews
Found 8,396 reviews matching the search
Featured review
G4S selected this as a representative review
This Company does take care of it Employees, and the benefits are great, the pay is real good, and advancement is promising
Pros
excellent pay, good benefits
Supervisor was allowed to demean female employees without being disciplined. Not equal employment opportunity. No advancement opportunities. No flexibility.
Chill Place the work for there is a lot of breaks and at least you are working for something good and the pay is actually great it's not the best but it's great and the employees or your coworkers are really nice and management and new bosses are really great
Typical day involves guarding whatever your contract requires. However, they won't give you the tools to do that job. There is no guarantee that you will be relieved on time. The shifts that they run are not conducive to individuals health. The pay doesn't equate the job requirements and the health benefits are too expensive to afford. They do not look at job experience or work experience when choosing their managers, but rather rely on individuals that tell them what they want to hear. If you're liked, you get ahead. If you're not liked, you'll be punished and worked to the point where you want to quit rather than be fired. The company is about filling cogs in the clock, not about whether the clock actually runs or not. G4S mismanaged the contract so badly, the client will never work with them again.
Pros
They provide your work attire
Cons
expenses, no flexibility, favoritism, discrimination
Some really good contracts and opportunities for advancement. The pay was best in state and the team was great to work with. Client was also great with many on-site perks and benefits. The only downer is that some good people were terminated over first-offense issues that were considered unacceptable because of the type of client.
Pros
Good contracts
Cons
Highly competitive, little room for mistakes
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Management does not care about you. Training is a joke. In my training class a guy was literally falling a sleep in the class and the trainer didn't care she just kept reading the Powerpoint. I asked for new a uniform over a week ago and I never heard anything back, but" we'll see what we can do". I was also given a used uniform. How do I know it was used? I found a CPR card in the pocket of the uniform. That is disgusting! Thank god. I only wore it twice before I noticed.
Pros
Short hours
Cons
Management just wants bodies with a pulse
Just a body, easily replaced. Office staff was short handed and my site supervisor had favorites on day shift. No call, no shows. People sleeping and not doing rounds.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Company
This is the most unprofessional company anyone could ever work for! From scheduling to sites these "young women" had absolutely no clue on what they were doing. They typically gave their friends and family good sites and pay
Pros
Cons
Disrespectful staff
highly security and safety minded, well written post orders, easy to follow.
the G4S company offers a large range of classes to improve your skills. many benefits to choose from.
Pros
free lunches offered by bank of america during the virus crisis
Cons
none to mention
One Major helps you and your team. Majors change out next one doesn't listen to the team and there concerns or work with you as a team.b only looking out for themselves.
Management is a complete joke. Everyone in it for themselves. Worked for a year for this company and was a complete waste of time
Management never answers to work related problems, proper training is hard to come by and working conditions are terrible. Worked for 2 sites and both were pathetic.
Cons
Working at G4S is a great place, I had worked for them in Connecticut and was promoted to site supervisor in a matter of months. All you have to do is follow the post orders, be punctual, polite and observant.
Pros
Medical benefits
Cons
You can never leave your post until properly relieved which will result in a double shift.
I love working with G4S. The pay is very good and they actually care about their employees. If you can’t work long hours, then this job isn’t for you. I love my over time.
Pros
Pay, Ethics, Management, Over time.
Cons
Nothing :)
G4S took over an account downtown from another security contract company. Still in transition, but overall things seem good. Great pay given amount of work being asked of staff. Management currently fairly hands on due to transfer of contract. All in all, probably best contract security outfit presently in downtown Minneapolis.
It’s a big security company that’s been around for quite some time. They treated me well and I got a lot of overtime pay when I worked there. Good place to start out in security.
I hated working for G4S. It is the worst culture ever. Backstabbing & backbiting. Crabs in a barrel. Hired to work but never provided hours. Again, It is the worst culture ever.
Cons
Management in El Paso is horrible. Was working at the Detention Center in Las Cruces (the only contract in Las Cruces) and one day a bunch of security guards come in from Security Concepts and start training to take over our jobs! no heads up. Call the boss tells me oh ya we lost the contract. Work our last day says he will contact us to talk about the future. Writes us all a week later asking when we can go in we tell him and go the day we told him get there and he wasn't in the office. Call him says he didn't confirm any appointments with us and told us he wasn't going in and to reschedule. Really boss?? turned in our stuff and the other guy there said there wasn't anything available in our area so why did he want us to make the trip way over in el paso then??? Horrible to leave us in the dark and not even give us a heads up that we lost our contract.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
No lunches No breaks Bad Management
There is a labor loophole to avoid giving employees benefits. The company will work you for 40+ hours but we're signed as part time on purpose ....
Pros
Meet ex military personnel and learn tips and tactics for safety.
Cons
Racial and grander discrimination.
Company doesn’t care about security officers, and will pay lower than offered amount. The company has people that steal money from within as well!!!!!
I enjoy working here in Waianae. The locations that I have worked are beautiful and easy going environments. Co workers are friendly and always willing to help
Es una empresa que la venden como Internacional por ser de Inglaterra, pero no tiene que ver nada de lo que es realmente, en el resto del mundo funciona muy bien y es una de las mejores del mundo, el problema radica en Ecuador, la mentalidad y gention hay que actualizarlo.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at G4S. Our community is ready to answer.
3.6K
InHerSight Score
1.9Personal Development
2.3Career Opportunities
1.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight