G4S Employee Review

Long hours and tedious and monotonous
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Parma, OHApril 1, 2014
A typical day at the contract I work consist of driving around checking building that are closed and making sure entrances and exits are locked and secured. I have learned basic security programs and how to properly type up reports for incidents. Management here is not very loyal to their own contract. Considering there is in house security and contract security our project manager for this contract would rather throw us under the bus to save the contract then stick up for his own officers that didn't do anything wrong. My co-workers are generally nice but there are always a bad few in such a big group.

The hardest part of the job is the repitition of driving to the same buildings and checking the same doors all week with no change in pace. I enjoyed the pay for this type of job it is considerably high for the job that I do.

Other G4S Employee Reviews

highest paying security company in south florida
Paramedic / Custom Protection Officer (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 22, 2018
it's a good place to work, with career advancemnt for security officer only, not paramedic. it is very difficult to progress in the company as paramedic/security employee.
Working lot of overtime
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAApril 22, 2018
Always needing to pick up hours for those that called out and never enough coverage for the location hard to keep officers willing to drive far. Hard to get a raise
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Hard to keep coverage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G4S. Our community is ready to answer.

52.1K

1.9

1.7Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight