G4S Employee Review

It's a job
CPO (Current Employee) –  FloridaMarch 30, 2014
Bad pay, horrible uniforms... coworkers that have been with the company for 5+ years have not seen any pay increase. I can't understand how some people actually live and have this as they're only job. This is not a career, let me say that again this is not a career! this is a job if you cannot find any other job.

Some posts are extremely boring. Hours are long. Home life is sleeping until your next shift.

if you see an ad and they say they pay $12 an hour they don't pay $12 an hour not even armed so be careful
Pros
It's a job, it pays some of the bills
Cons
no raises, no chance for advancement, long hours, substandard pay, no home life, basically work and sleep.

Other G4S Employee Reviews

Bad company to work for.
Shift supervisor lead trainer (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAApril 24, 2018
My site supervisor cursed at officers the home-office never done anything to correct it then after I left the same site supervisor would not leave me alone with text messages hateful text messages and hateful phone calls the home-office well Work Bedford Virginia I would not work for them again. I have 18 years of Security experience that same site supervisor thought he knew everything I did all the training. I’ll put in for different promotions was overpass by people who were not qualified as I am benefits are OK the training was very good
Pros
Good benefits full-time hours
Cons
Bad management
Different security opportunities
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 24, 2018
Working for g4s has taught me more security values than before. There us different opportunities to move to their different sites. However job advancement their or promoting within was not valued at the account that I worked at. I will say overtime is always possible. The best part was getting to know all of the clients at the site I worked at.
Pros
Breaks, overtime, no point system
Cons
Job advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G4S. Our community is ready to answer.

52.1K

1.9

1.7Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight