G4S Employee Review

Honest review
Field Investigator (Current Employee) –  NY areaJuly 1, 2013
Current employee seeking to provide an honest list of information to anyone thinking about this position. This is a GOOD job, it's a job. Training is great, in field or on the job training can be limited, learn alot by just doing it. No career advancement unless one of the above managers leave and you are highly qualified, or if you are highly qualified and want to move to Raleigh NC to work in an office, which is a really nice environment/w friendly people. You work solely alone and human interaction in your work life is virtually non exhistant and limited to minutes a day phone calls. Neighbors call the cops on you while conducting surveillance. Some people like to harass you and think you are up to no good in the community. You have to lie to claimants when you call them on the phone and pretend your someone else, also required to lie to their neighbors to get info from them on your guy. The company provides you with good reliable information to get the job done. It's best to have window tint on your vehicle, which the company gives you most money for, but you get pulled over by the cops because of it. If your full-time, you don't really work steady full-time days because a lot of clients have a protocol to break off if nothing is going on, happens a lot. And work slows down in the winter time. You get paid min wage for everything unless you are sitting on a case. You sit ALOT in a car and cant get out cause the whole neighborhood is watching you. You idle your personal vehicle for hours a day to stay cool or warm, and the vehicle allowance just supplements what you could  more... make doing something else, cause pay is not that handsome. You cant leave the case to get something to eat. you go number 1 in a bottle, number 2 in the woods at times in bad situations. The company it's-self is good, the people are great who work there, and reasonable. You wake up every day at 4:30 am usually everyday to make it to your case on time. Cases are a reasonable distance. I like it though, but not a solid career choice for someone in their prime years.  less
Pros
Go home early a lot
Cons
Not steady hours

Other G4S Employee Reviews

New employee, nothing bad to say!
Unarmed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Church Hill, TNJune 20, 2018
I'm on my first week as an unarmed security guard. My training was simple. I was coming 3 hours away, training was paid for the week, and they put me in a hotel for 4 days paid for by G4S(only if you drive long distance will this happen). My post was in Church Hill, and my supervisor and co-workers are super helpful. For a guy whose never worked security, this has been a sweet job and Im glad I applied. Some people will work in movie theatres, banks, or hospitals, but I work in a guard house outside a factory.

I was given uniforms for free; 3 uniforms(shirts, pants, hat, and silver badge) from the Knoxville office.

You have to pay $30 for fingerprints, and $70 for your security license before you start, which they walk you through it. Im working 8 hours a day, off weekends, and a weeks paid vacation when you work a year. I worked at my last job for 5 YEARS with no paid vacation.
Pros
Very little interaction with people, work alone, cowokers are great, 40 hours a week
Cons
Pay could be higher for what we do.
Enjoyed working here, friendly staff for the most part.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 20, 2018
I had a variety of duties that I performed that kept me busy through my day. I enjoyed the staff that was there on a daily basis, they were friendly and helpful to learn the office routine.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at G4S. Our community is ready to answer.

52.2K
42.3K
32.1K
11K

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

66out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at G4S.