GE Appliances Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Summary for GE Appliances
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 16, 2018
GE Appliances is a great company to work at would recommend working here although I left for specific reasons. Good work environment, great people in the office, and awesome work experienced gained from working here.
This place is like a second family
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ALJuly 16, 2018
People I work with are great people. We work as a great team. I worked there for almost 13 years and never had an issue. The jobs are great and fast paced. I
poor management.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 14, 2018
I left GE APPLIANCES due to poor management. GE is not a bad workplace at all. The assistant managers are the ones who lack at there job. Favoritism goes a long way in GE APPLIANCES.
Ummm
Park Pool (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 7, 2018
Hard to know what to say. On the surface, the place is efficient and productive. The teams of engineers are all very nice. The union is as ineffective and corrupt as any other. It's a revolving door company.
Pros
Dining facilities on site.
Cons
Dining facilities will reclaim your paycheck.
Not a fun place to work
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 3, 2018
The culture at GE is a lot different than it was when I started, the company no longer cares about anything but numbers. It is a stressful environment and growth is difficult
GE Appliances
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ALJune 28, 2018
I have worked for GE Appliances for two years. This experience has had its challenges. I previously worked for GE for 27 years. The transition was very difficult.
Pros
I have a job
Cons
No raises for Senior employees
Fast paced with great co-worker support.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 25, 2018
Fast paced workplace. Great people to work with. Day went fast. Had alot of support and help from my co-workers. My area leader was always willing to help lend a hand.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Standing all day.
Can be great
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALMay 31, 2018
GE Appliances isn't the job for everyone it is a constant moving job you don't get a lot of time in between product on the line but if you can do it it can be a great place for you
great place to work but difficult to advance out of production
Workforce Representative (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 30, 2018
Good work expectations and reasonable labor demands. Overtime available but is sometimes mandatory. Managers and team leaders are helpful and approachable.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
monataneous factory work
Great place to work with people of all ages
Assmebly (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 29, 2018
Go into work at 6 and go straight to the job i own and talk and make conversation with coworkers and listen to music to help make the day go by. Free doughnut.
Pros
cafe area and great team leadership
fast paced or slow paced work environment depending on your Job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 20, 2018
Good place to work relaxed environment. Just be on time if your late and you don't call in 30 mins prior it counts against you. The benefits are great they match 8% of what you put in to the 401k there is no pension. Have their own healthcare facility however if you work first shift you will have to make appt during lunch on the phone so you can get in right afterwork or else they will be closed. If you are hurt on the job they will send you over to medical make sure you get a copy of all documents for your record and if you need a second opinion you can compare documentation. If sedgewick is needed make sure you keep all documents they are a pain to deal with.
Pros
great pay, relaxed environment, union company
Cons
Sedgewick
Terrible
Manufacturing Worker (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 17, 2018
Bad management and job isnt worth the pay especially afterbenefits are taken out, youll make 400 a week on a 50 hour check and hate every minute of it.
Great company for career retirement
HR Executive (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 29, 2018
GE Appliances has a warm and friendly culture. It creates great products and is a recognizable name in the industry. Employees have the benefit of being able to buy appliance at a discount.
Pros
It allows for work life balance. Great for people needing stability, many people have worked there 40+ years.
Cons
The organizational culture is not progressive, lacks leadership diversity.
Terrible!
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 26, 2018
It’s all about numbers! If this place doesn’t squeeze the life out of you then they’ll definitely squeeze 40 hours of intense low paying labor out of you. Very little opportunity and the company and management seem to be very shady and unfair to their workforce. After almost two years here I now wake up in the middle of the night with shooting pains in my fingers, wrist and elbows. I’m in my early twenties and have no idea how some people have worked here for so long (even if the pay used to be good). There’s too many easy, good paying jobs in Louisville to even consider this place unless you’re desperate. I’ve watched my general area of a few hundred people be replaced over three times. It’s mind blowing how many people leave here and they still find new people to employe.
Cons
Non flexible schedule, low pay, will develop arthritis if you work here for long.
productive
Assembler/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Lugoff, SCApril 24, 2018
enjoyed learning new things, meeting new people, clean and neat work environment and management is management
worked 2nd shift we had three breaks
I learned how to build, brake down, test and fix on refrigertors
Ge appliances only cares about getting product out they don’t care about the employees
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 19, 2018
I wouldn’t recommend this job to anyone GE treats people like robots and don’t care about anything but their product. Bad weather, death of child, death of mother they don’t care about.
Friendly atmosphere, Low pay, lots of time off, demanding
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 18, 2018
Friendly atmosphere, lots of events set up for employees and family. demanding job, would leave every day feeling exhausted and overwhelmed. Phone always ringing, emails backed up, employees would often not return emails/voicemails in attempts to hit high quota. I would clear my email/voicemail every morning and full by lunch. Work on teams with minimal supervision but manager always in reach. lots of time off, almost excessive, quite often short staffed due to time off. Low pay, I was surprised by how low the pay was for such a big company and a job that was so hard to get. even getting an interview here is hard, will often interview 30 people for 1 position. no overtime, no weekends, holidays off.
Pros
time off, fun activities, no weekends
Cons
Low pay, hard work, exhausting
Great place
Year Round Finance Intern (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 16, 2018
Great place! really great people and managers. atmosphere was great. typical day i would work on excel all day it was really great and everyone i worked with was nice
Ge
Parts Specialist - Customer Service, Sales (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 10, 2018
GE is a very nice place to work. I'm not sure why I have to write a review. I did work there for over a year and again, Cox was a very nice place to work.
Great place for engineers
Engineering Technician III (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 9, 2018
I have not had the best experience working at GE; however, GE Appliances'Technology is a great place for young engineers to begin their careers as advancement and growth opportunities are plentiful..
Pros
Opportunity for growth in engineering field
Cons
You can get stuck in some monotonous positions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GE Appliances. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight