GE Aviation Employee Reviews

Material Shortage
Lean Leader (Former Employee) –  Lynn, MAMay 21, 2018
Internal component locations did not provide adequate materials to provide timely material delivery. This caused excessive material inventory and reduce moral.
Loved working here
Systems Engineer - Co-op (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, KSMay 16, 2018
GE was a great place to work. the management was excellent and the culture was amassing. I learned a lot from this position. I would strongly recommended this job to anyone looking for a position.
Interesting Technology and Intelligent People
Materials Application Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 15, 2018
The company has a lot of interesting technology to work on for engineers. There are many well-respected and intelligent people working on a variety of issues. The current corporate climate and management are negatively affecting the morale and job on a day-to-day basis. The past several years have seen a multitude of "nickel and diming" passed down to employees from corporate for the sake of stock price and activist investors. The company has not properly backfilled positions in recent years leaving current workers to take on additional responsibilities leading to more demand to continually repeat mundane tasks.
Pros
Generous vacation policy, good compensation, good paternity/maternity leave, interesting technology
Cons
Healthcare costs increasing, corporate cost-out having negative impact on morale
Surrounded by smart people
Operations Leader (Former Employee) –  Batesville, MSMay 14, 2018
I was constantly challenged with the people around me being intelligent. My time with this company grew me and provided continuous learning opportunity both corporate led training and on the job.
Good place for a first time intern to work
GE Aviation Intern (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 12, 2018
The employers initially didn't know what to do with new interns and assigned us to odd jobs whenever possible, so there was litle organization at first. The most enjoyable part of the job was the work environment and actuall being able to work on engines out in the field.
World-Famous Corporate Finance Program in a Thriving Business
Financial Management Program (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 9, 2018
- Financial Management Program (FMP) position in the Aviation business.
- Ownership for maintaining and reporting high-level company balance sheet assets, such as deferred charges and inventory.
- Studying outside working-hours for FMP foundations class.
- Great team to work for with easy access to managers and key stakeholders to effectively get the job done.
Pros
Many lunch and learns, access to executive staff, 1-week training seminar with other FMPs, and working with great people
Great job with great advancment opportunities
Furnace (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INMay 7, 2018
I enjoyed the work environment and management. The culture was great. We had paid volunteer time off so we could do March of Dimes and other volunteer opportunities.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Nothing I can think of
Global company
Maintenance Engineer Co-op (Former Employee) –  Lynn, MAMay 7, 2018
learned to adapt to a office job and learned about manufacturing in the aerospace industry also spent a lot of time learning to work with a union and provide positive impact to the business
Growth Potential
Plant & Facilities Engineering Section Manager (Former Employee) –  Hooksett New HampshireMay 7, 2018
GE offers its employees many opportunities to grow within the company. Through company sponsored courses, educational opportunities etc, GE is truly interested in retaining its employees
Pleasant work enviorment
Customer Service Support (Former Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHMay 7, 2018
Good working in environment hands on training. The opportunity to learn about aircraft parts and the wide scope of companies and different entity with said ccompanies
Pros
New skils
Great work environment
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 3, 2018
New challenges everyday and employees are treated as vital to the company's success, no matter what your role. Definitely would recommend this company to anyone looking for a great job, especially one in the aerospace industry.
Moving up will cost you & most employees take dissatisfied test over.
Quality Representative P A (Former Employee) –  Batesville, MSApril 29, 2018
I enjoyed my role until an employee didn't want to retake the test. Trying to use favoritism to bypass the requirements, the employee efforts were shotdown. However, I found out just how costly not sweeping this under the rug could be. Being removed from my role really hurt. Then once I was placed on probation for doing my job, took the cake. I didn't get to stay due to relocation out of state. I can only hope the next person get treated better.
Pros
No weekend work
Cons
Administering test requirements correctly took my job from me.
Great for the lazy and unmotivated
Security Patrol Officer (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 26, 2018
Great pay and benefits but my specific role provides no sense of accomplishment. No room for advancement and uniformed security is looked down upon by several sectors of the company.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No sense of accomplishment
Great company to work for
Contract Administrator-Sourcing (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 24, 2018
Great promotion opportunity, pay and benefits. face paced and busy work days, but great community and group of people to work for. highly recommend GE as an employer
Productive company
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAApril 20, 2018
I started as a maintenance worker and they gave me the opportunity to raise up. As a delivery driver it was good going to different company’s to deliver the products.
Pros
Work was always available
Cons
Nothing much the company was great
Work was not hard at all very easy.
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Batesville, MSApril 16, 2018
Management was so poor made job regretful. In a productive environment they pushed their productive workers and let the lazy ones slide time and time again. Ran a productive chart in my department for 3months you guessed it who was at top , I was . Then on my off day I get let go by a Fed - X package. Talk about poor management couldn't even let me go in person. Its not a place where if you do your job and do it well you'll be rewarded. To little insecurity on supervision and management level.
Pros
Not enough to mention, easy work .
Cons
To many to mention here only worked at Batesville plant
Assembly and Test Technician (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INApril 15, 2018
A job for driven/ skilled individuals. This job offers many other opportunities outside of just building engines. There is a 90 day probationary period that every technician goes through when they start. This ensures that we maintain our high standards of quality, integrity, teaming, and communication. These standards must be kept because there isn't someone looking over your work or multiple managers trying to micromanage you. You are on a team that makes decisions with the business in mind. Not everyone can handle this and want to try to abuse the system. Thus the 90 days. The pay, work, flexibility, and benefits are great. I can't see myself ever working anywhere else! I can honestly say I enjoy going to work. You can do so much here
Decent Work environment
Sr. Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 7, 2018
Decent place to work. Coworkers were amicable. Management was questionable. Learned a lot about development practices and there was decent room for promotion.
Great People, plenty to do
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHMarch 28, 2018
The environment was great aside from some hostility from my supervisor. But one person doesn't ruin the whole place. IF you like to be be busy this is the place to work.
Great and smart people, unfortunately underpaid for the area.
Lead Controls and Electrical Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lynn, MAMarch 24, 2018
GE is a great working place with good benefits. People at GE are smart, care about your development and work life balance.
Management is well trained but like in any job you have great managers and bad managers.
Some people are not recognized on time or at all. Salary is below what it should be for almost all positions and if you like to be promoted you need to move constantly and preferably close to headquarters in Ohio.
Pros
Great training, smart people, lots of opportunities all over the US and world
Cons
Average to below average compensation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GE Aviation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight