GE Aviation Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
Engine Assembly Inspector (Former Employee) –  Evendale, OHOctober 16, 2019
Great place to work. Unfortunately went through massive layoff in 1995.
When I started working at GE I was single.I was married soon after and later had children. GE provided me the opportunity for advancement through education and certifications to achieve a Quality Assurance career.
Nice place to work
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  BrazilOctober 15, 2019
Nice place to work and improve. Good experience, good opportunities to learn and to connect with GE sites around the world as Cincinnati and good IT projects.
Very difficult dealing with people
Old but need to renew itself. Company looks like more military camping. People don't respect each other, level is very low, culture is overall not good.
Im still at a loss
Welder (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INOctober 11, 2019
So I started my first day at the job, was so excited, it was a dream come true. Got all of my welding certifications within a week or two, then started out on days for training. Well all was good and until the guy that was training me left for vacation for a week. So with my 3 days of training to run a robot welder they let me loose. I was so scared and I didn't want to mess up. Well my trainer came back just to go back on vacation for another few days. So with little to no training I was holding my own. Well finally was able to go to the shift I was hired in for with no training. Well thank God second shift showed me the ropes or I thought they were. Come to find out the guy on second shift was just using me as an excuse to get out of work. Well they wind up moving this guy to a different location and again I was left with no training. Well the 3rd and final guy took the time and showed me the right process to doing things. Well I came up on my 90 days. I had a 90 day audit, passed it with flying colors. Then the plant was doing yearly reviews that following week. I didn't think I was getting called into the office because I haven't been there a whole year yet. Well I sat down in front of my team coach and the head team coach and they told me that I was producing noncomforming parts, that I couldn't make production which was 4 parts a night that they have to let me go. I asked for a list of all the bad parts I suppose I made, and they never gave me a legitimate reason. As a rookie welder, all my parts have to be checked or stamped off on. So I didn't understand how I could  more... be making all these bad parts if I have to be checked thoroughly. I'm still at a loss for words.  less
Benefits
A demeaning job
Forklift driver and material handler (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCOctober 10, 2019
As a material and fork lift driver you are treated poorly by the engine technicians for the most part it seems like most of them go out of their way to file an complant against you for anything with out proff or cause and it could be your job on the line
Don’t believe the hype
Assembly and Test Technician (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INOctober 10, 2019
Don’t believe the hype when you go in for your assessment, it is written by people who have never been on the production floor. Teaming culture is very clique-ish at this site and is run by a select few people; if they don’t like you, you’re gone. There is always someone out to get you over the most trivial things, like not saying hi or acknowledging them when you walk by. Creates a toxic work environment where you have to watch your back whenever you at work They pay you as an A&P tech, but expect you to be an inspector, process engineer, trainer, and quality control.
fun workplace
Sr. Inspector (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLOctober 1, 2019
great place to work. they offer many benefits. they are very flex able with their employees. the employees are long term employees. they do what is best for their employees
Great Place to work
Lead Manufacturing Engineer - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Vandalia, OHSeptember 25, 2019
Great Opportunity to work and advance. I should not have left. The project opportunities were tremendous and work life balance was great. There were always company sponsored events to attend.
A lot bad but some good to go with it too
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Vandalia, OHSeptember 17, 2019
It’s okay if you’ve been with the company for 15 years because that’s all the union will go to bat for. Another thing is their policy is 3 occurrences (being late or absent) in 6 months and that’s also the probationary period. That’s much longer than most employers. The pay isn’t bad, but just remember you’ll have union dues (about $7) every week. Co-workers are very friendly.
Pros
Decent benefits, paid weekly
Cons
Probation period too long
If they fixed a few minor things it would be a perfect place to work!
Operator (Current Employee) –  Muskegon, MISeptember 15, 2019
There are a few things I wish they would change so it would be a decent place to work. Management really are not understanding to employees family life emergencies, especially if your not popular. Also they dont know the employees work related stress levels, they should probably start doing some surveys cause the HR walk arounds are impersonal. They lied to the new employees about receiving pay increases after their 90th day and also the bonus amounts. They wont give new people the shifts they ask for upon hire then threaten to take their jobs away if they cant make it to that shift instead of helping you get on the shift you need. There also are a few supervisors who get a kick out of getting employees fired for the smallest things as if people dont have it hard enough trying to take care of families this day in age. There also needs to be some racism and discrimination classes for this particular location because its very apparent and heavy here.
Fun place to work and very professional
Sr. PCB Design Engineer (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLSeptember 15, 2019
Learned a lot and a great place to work as a contractor. Learned positive information about power electronics. Great help from management. Culture was awesome. Leaving after my contract was over.
If I could rate a zero I would
Technical Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Evendale, OHSeptember 11, 2019
I was a technical project manager for a dictator...err...director who did not feel that he needed to fully inform me of the environment they needed to set up as part of the project I was hired to assist with. Long story short, on my second week I learned that I'd be building and setting up 8 Linux servers, with a small problem being that I am not a Linux admin. I did what I could but it wasn't enough, and my manager called my recruiter and asked him to collect my badge and laptop even though he was in the same building as me and was fully capable of doing this himself. I realize some of this is technically on me, but in my defense had I known how Linux heavy this was going to be up front then I'd have never taken the offer in the first place. The offer was also laughably bad for a Linux admin.
Great company to work for!!
MANUFACTURING ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALSeptember 10, 2019
A ton of opportunity for growth and development. Very relaxed work environment and great benefits. Teaming based work culture no direct supervisors or team leads.
Fun and excellent place to work for. Excellent company to work, since it has state of the art technology that they work on. They are ahead of their c
TEST DIRECTOR & EMI/C ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 10, 2019
Excellent company to work, since it has state of the art technology that they work on. They are ahead of their competition. This company is global in their reach for research and of unique and wonderful products such as powerful and efficient turbines.
Worst place ever
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXSeptember 8, 2019
Horrible experience..employees treat new hires like trash..upper management lazy and also unprofessional..hated every day i was there..you start off as a temporary employee at min wage ridiculous pathetic company
Good experience.
Supply Chain Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 6, 2019
Good experience with a lot of team work with co workers. Interviews went well with experienced personal. The position was a contract position with a year end date.
Very hands on stress free work environment
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Newark, DESeptember 5, 2019
The pros would be the benefits, as well as the discounts you get from places working for GE. I also didn't feel pressured working for GE Aviation. I recommend anyone looking for work to try and be apart of the GE team.
Pros
Entire shift gets company paid lunch when goals are met.
Cons
The time it can take for advancement opportunity is lacking
Great benefits
REPAIR ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 5, 2019
Company offer great benefits and 401k. Opportunity for advancement is ok, if you have an amazing resume(you have to apply internally to move up in pay or position). Management doesn't hold accountability to anyone. Work atmosphere is good, co-workers are generally nice, minus some back stabbing and attitudes.
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILAugust 29, 2019
Everyone is good to work with only a few people push the envelope. Good benefits but they demand a lot of overtime so it's hard to balance work and life time
A company that is transforming from R&D into production.
Tow Coat Operator (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEAugust 29, 2019
Each day varies at GE Aviation, some days I may have to change out a bottle with supplied air first thing in the morning or do a complete turn around on a reactor.To maybe just monitor the rectors and do field checks all 12 hr. shift long. depends on the day, some days work twice as hard as other.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GE Aviation. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at GE Aviation.

Powered by Comparably