GE Aviation

GE Aviation Employee Reviews

United States907 reviews

Found 907 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,155 reviews

Great friendly atmosphere

Daily custodial duties such as keeping hallways, rooms and bathrooms cleaned. Got along very well with my peers. Enjoyed the friendly people and developed many friendly relationships. Hours were the hardest part of the job being afternoon shift hours.

Pros

Work at own pace

Cons

Evening hours

It’s not the old ge!

Bunch of kids running the show! It’s about numbers only! 1/2 are not correct but make them look good! There’s a disconnect between management and workers!

GE Aviation insights

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Ok place

Good pay. Schedule will suck. Management and leadership will vary. Some are on top of things. Others will let you do your thing. Workflow is inconsistent.

Great work life balance and management

Working here has been tremendous for my personal growth as a young engineer. The management team has improved greatly since i have worked here. My last couple managers were very understanding of any circumstances out of my hands such as injuries, deaths of family/ friends, etc. The work life balance is very good. We are offered permissive leave and i have not been denied to take a day off since I've been here, with the expectation that I keep my work on track.

Decent Pay, awesome time-off and maternity leave, not stable

The pay is ok, and time off and maternity leave are amazing. However, it’s rarely a stable place as far as layoffs go. Management is pretty hit or miss.

First impressions

I've only been with the company for two months, and so far everything is fine. My teammates are mostly helpful and respectful, but as a remote employee, it is easy to be forgotten. The benefits are middle-of-the-road, and the pay is generally good if you understand the pay structure going in. Work assignments are few for now as I'm still getting acclimated. GE is a huge company and they have tons of policies and procedures. Their product lines are very diverse, and so there is no shortage of opportunities to pursue. Workforce development is a priority, and I have already benefitted from this philosophy. GE paid for one of my certification exams. Very happy so far. We shall see if the trend continues.

Productive and meaningful work

This is a place where one can make a difference. The relationship between management and the union is much better than at other facilities I am familiar with.

bonus program is nice, the pay sucks, and management is worse

come in and attend start up meeting, detailing what operation you'll be running for the day. learned to operate a number of different manufacturing machines, CNC Grind machine, EDM, oil and water, Different types of measuring devices.Management has no idea how to manage people, and they keep supervisors in place even after being told by associates under them, that they are all unhappy with the treatment they receive from the supervisor. the culture is,, humm,, Not good,, unhappy to come to work. hardest part of the job is to get merit raises, completive with the rest of the market,, under paid.

Fun to work at, not bad pay or benefits

Generally a fun place to work at. Lots of ability to move up in the company if you put the work in. Sometimes management doesn't bode so well, but you usually can get past that. Pay and benefits are alright.

Used to be a great place to work, now, eh

Soon we'll be only a jet engine company. I'd have concerns about how well the business will fare with business cycles. The workplace is good, co-workers good. Long term?

Good pay

Good pay for job levels but benefits are lacking and total management disconnect from how to manage work flow. Old worn out machines that break down daily and cannot be properly repaired.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Poor management, not organized

Poor culture

The company has a toxic culture where the employees lack respect for one another along with the interns. It’s extremely unorganized and it’s difficult to make any real change occur

No fun

I worked there for Adecco temp agency for 3 years laid off twice when they got slow then came back to work again. Every time they told me they were bringing on full-time hire but it is just a lie to get you to keep you working there as soon as things got slow they laid me off. The management there is terrible they don't care about there workers. The workers that work there are good people I loved working with them and loved my job there.

Pros

Cons

Two 15 minute brakes

Managers we’re out of their education

Most low managers and all of HR should find another career They work with blinders on and have a chip in their shoulder. God forbid you have more experience and show them a better way Then you become enemy number one

Pros

Cafeteria on site

Cons

Wish I had some to say but there aren’t any

Meaningful work with smart & collaborative people

I have worked for many companies where the culture was so competitive and matrixed that it was difficult to get any work done. At GE Aviation, not only are we doing really interesting work, but I am working with really smart people who want to work WITH you and not AGAINST you in order to get work done.

good place

poor management, poor communication, lack of training, 12 hour shifts start on nights will never get to days 5pm to 5 am shift, hard to adjust sleep schedule

Alright if you have no ambition

Lots of favoritism. No reward for people who actually work hard. They change rules and expectations to meet their current needs. Pay is okay, for the location there’s not many other jobs that pay as well unfortunately.

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

Stuck on off shifts

Nursing Home Feeling. Tons of old folks constantly looking to gossip or get someone fired. No one smiles here. Hectic environment.

Lots of folks that have worked here 20 pluss years will try and get anyone they can in trouble or fired by any means. NOONE seems happy. Disaster Island

Pros

Cafeteria

Cons

Pay, nursing home environment, racism, security safety, dusty dirty environment, Quality team does not stand for quality.

Good pay get to learn alot and move up opertuity is always there have been there for 5 years and have moved up and able to train other people overall great place

Can’t retain good workers

Too much of a popularity contest to retain or even get qualified people with not much pay. Revolving door for management so the disruption on work is bad. Over paid babysitters.

Seven, yes I said 7, year progression to top rate. Insane.

Company completely taken over by woke, out of touch with reality, upper management. Pay is increasingly behind the market wage. Don’t go to General Electric.

Pros

Friendly people on the shop floor.

Cons

Greedy company.

Common questions about GE Aviation

Answered by current and former employees at GE Aviation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GE Aviation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.1Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
3.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight