GE Aviation

Clear
3.8Pay & Benefits

Found 272 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,155 reviews

Ok place

Good pay. Schedule will suck. Management and leadership will vary. Some are on top of things. Others will let you do your thing. Workflow is inconsistent.

Decent Pay, awesome time-off and maternity leave, not stable

The pay is ok, and time off and maternity leave are amazing. However, it’s rarely a stable place as far as layoffs go. Management is pretty hit or miss.

GE Aviation insights

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

First impressions

I've only been with the company for two months, and so far everything is fine. My teammates are mostly helpful and respectful, but as a remote employee, it is easy to be forgotten. The benefits are middle-of-the-road, and the pay is generally good if you understand the pay structure going in. Work assignments are few for now as I'm still getting acclimated. GE is a huge company and they have tons of policies and procedures. Their product lines are very diverse, and so there is no shortage of opportunities to pursue. Workforce development is a priority, and I have already benefitted from this philosophy. GE paid for one of my certification exams. Very happy so far. We shall see if the trend continues.

bonus program is nice, the pay sucks, and management is worse

come in and attend start up meeting, detailing what operation you'll be running for the day. learned to operate a number of different manufacturing machines, CNC Grind machine, EDM, oil and water, Different types of measuring devices.Management has no idea how to manage people, and they keep supervisors in place even after being told by associates under them, that they are all unhappy with the treatment they receive from the supervisor. the culture is,, humm,, Not good,, unhappy to come to work. hardest part of the job is to get merit raises, completive with the rest of the market,, under paid.

Fun to work at, not bad pay or benefits

Generally a fun place to work at. Lots of ability to move up in the company if you put the work in. Sometimes management doesn't bode so well, but you usually can get past that. Pay and benefits are alright.

Used to be a great place to work, now, eh

Soon we'll be only a jet engine company. I'd have concerns about how well the business will fare with business cycles. The workplace is good, co-workers good. Long term?

Good pay

Good pay for job levels but benefits are lacking and total management disconnect from how to manage work flow. Old worn out machines that break down daily and cannot be properly repaired.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Poor management, not organized

Alright if you have no ambition

Lots of favoritism. No reward for people who actually work hard. They change rules and expectations to meet their current needs. Pay is okay, for the location there’s not many other jobs that pay as well unfortunately.

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

Stuck on off shifts

Poor culture that is not inclusive for people of color

GE does not offer a great work/life balance or culture that is diverse, inclusive and allows employees to be their authentic self. The compensation is below market rate. GE highly invest in their programs instead of mid-career and late career employees.

Cool place to work

Great place to work a lot of growth happening great mix of cultures and it’s like a big family the pay is fair and the hours are great 3 shifts opportunity for overtime

Pros

Pay and bonuses

Cons

Management is constantly changing

Engaging work but too much of it

Poor work life balance for overall compensation. Limited flexibility with work schedule or location. Must be high people manager to gain high compensation.

It's okay...weekly pay is nice.

So I love working here, i . But there are so many things that I just don't like. HR & management suck. I'm still the same pay level as a new employee getting hired on. Even with cross-training different areas. Advancement is terrible. Promotions don't happen, you apply for jobs internally. Weekly pay & benefits are nice....OH it's difficult to get training so you CAN advance too. Makes it virtually impossible.

Pros

Weekly pay. Paid Holidays. Vacation time. Personal time.

Cons

Management/ HR, Advancement.

Poor leadership and toxic culture

Company suffers from extremely weak leadership. No clear strategy, direction or vision. Little focus on taking care of and retaining employees. The company lacks a healthy culture which is evident by the multitude of culture surveys and consultants that have done nothing to improve the situation. Leadership doesn't lead, they merely manage (to some extent).Pay is below market average, benefits are average.

Pros

Permissive time off policy is good.

Cons

Culture Pay Leadership (lack of)

Great pay and benefits. Very poor management for the most part.

Worked here 10+ years great benefits and pay. Very comfortable work environment. Too many lazy leaches and stupid senior management. Overall good place though. Just do your job and don't pay attention to tbe rest.

People cared about their work

The complexity of the product/parts and where it was used was far beyond my belief. It was amazing. The process of actually making the materials used into a completed product.All the processes in place with all requirements and inspections in place. These were component parts for the GE engines.

Pros

Excellent benefits

Cons

Too many leaders

Good people to work with

Good quality people who work there. Management changes every two years. Don't premonit with in Benefits aren't as good as they were five years ago.

Fun

Awesome workplace good long shifts 3 shifts payed leave maternity leave after 5 years you get 15 days vacation plus 24 hours of personal time and a floating holiday

Terrible culture, high turnover

- terrible culture- high turnover rate- lack of support- poor training-outdated systems and work areas.. For over a year I had no supervisor because of turnover. I was then expected to maintain the status quo as our group was stripped of every resource on hand, from our interns, to funding. I was not compensated at all for the increase in responsibility after my supervisor was not backfilled. The line of sight for advancement is none existent. Nothing is written down, and items are continuously dropped when people quit, and those who remain find themselves running from dumpster fire to dumpster fire trying to put bandaids on things rather than fixing route cause. Being moved from one dusty corner of the site to another every few weeks is the norm. Having offices with leaking ceilings (I myself came into work with a broken keyboard and a puddle on my desk numerous times), electrical problems, bugs and rats are a daily occurrence.Save your time and don't work here. This is not the GE of old.

Pros

Usage of name on resume

Cons

Union, lack of management support, manpower issues, overworking employees, lack of proper compensation, old facilities, high turnover, lack of funding, no line of site for advancement, poor culture

Toxic Environment, lack of leadership, and poor decision making

This company was promising at the start, and they made it seem like internal growth was real. The truth is, if you’re an hourly employee, the likelihood of you growing in the company outside of being a laborer is unlikely. Management talks a lot about being transparent, inclusive, and caring, but at the end of the day there’s no communication, things are kept secret, the floor and salary have a clear line drawn. On the flip side, the people on the floor talk to management with blatant disrespect, and if you’re in a front-line leadership job…well good luck because it’s their word against yours. Once they get someone fired they celebrate and cheer. This is a very toxic place to work currently, and I’d advise you to see past the benefits package, the so-called teaming environment, and location. Toxic management, and poor decision making from leaders who are only leaders by title, and a toxic floor that has no respect for each other and those above them.

Pros

Time off, breaks, medical benefits

Cons

Toxic environment, pseudo leaders, people try to keep people down rather than loft them up and celebrate success.

Going Down Hill Fast.

This place has become a joke. The lazy employees are left alone and the ones that work are treated like dirt. They will continue to pile the work on you and they get upset because you can't keep up.

Pros

Good pay. Good benefits.

Advancement opportunities abundant

Great place to work. Good compensation, benefits are above average. Good environment where you feel like management cares about your opinion and encourages it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GE Aviation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.1Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
3.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight