GE Corporate Employee Reviews

Found 4,072 reviews matching the search See all 6,359 reviews
Great for Career
Senior Forecasting Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 15, 2019
The experience gained at GE will set you apart from other candidates when looking for that next opportunity. The rigor prepares you to be success in a high impact environment.
Na
Manager of the Emergency Preparedness Response (Current Employee) –  Wilmington NCJanuary 15, 2019
NA Company financially continuously degrading due to poor leadership. Nuclear business not competitive, no R&D taking place and no new reactor builds in site.
Impulso en el desarrollo
Enginerring Technician (Former Employee) –  Arecibo, PRJanuary 14, 2019
Excelente dirección en la gerencia, orden de trabajo, prioridades, compañerismo. En fin muy buena experiencia.
Work and Manigiment
Instrumentation, Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAJanuary 11, 2019
The management changed in the last 5 years at the site I worked at and became more cut throat and everyone was watching their backs and management was not upholding policies or safety concerns toward the Aircraft. But over all the company is a great company to work for just not the location I was at.
Great company, tough environment
Managing Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 11, 2019
Company is trying to address near term challenges without meaningful considerations to longer term issues. Management needs to delegate to the right people.
Productive and collaborative teams
Autonomous Manufacturing Operator (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJanuary 10, 2019
Every shift started with stretching, monthly goals and communication between departments. It was everyone's responsibility to maintain a positive atmosphere in the work place.
Not a great envionment
Project Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 10, 2019
Very rote job duties, not much interaction with other people at the company, very insular and political. corporate culture was one of fear and competition,
Shop Hand/Field Machinist
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 9, 2019
Traveled a little here and there across the states. But I had to take full custody of my oldest kid at the time due to a family emergency. It was a hard job to learn on my own. Another union shop where everyone ignores you and tries to let you fail on your own. But I made it anyway. Then I had to stop traveling for my first kid's sake. I now have four kids. It's not a good job for busy parents.
Pros
Decent Pay, Rental Cars, Food Allowance, Plane Travel
Cons
Last minute jobs out of state that can last for weeks
Fraud
Fraud Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHJanuary 9, 2019
It was okay job. Normal scenery. Easy job skills. People were friendly nice enviroment and very organized and staff was more than helpful and always at hand if you needed them very proffesional.
I enjoyed the challenging job.
Branch Manager/ Branch Administrator (Former Employee) –  Highland Heights, KYJanuary 8, 2019
I enjoyed the fast pace atmosphere and the challenge to make my goals. I would recommend GECU for rates on deposits, online banking, and loan rates. Marketing is very good as well.
Benefits
Cons
Too many chiefs
Production
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Decatur, AL 35601January 8, 2019
It was a very fast paced work environment .. It taught me team work .The hardest part was the machines breaking down causing the job to be twice as hard ..
Meeting and executing new challenges on a daily basis
Senior Regional Security Director (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 8, 2019
Every day is a new day with new challenges and need to work with clarity to meet and deliver results. My work content consists of crisis management and Business Continuity which bring new action items on a daily basis. In my nature of job, Duty of Care is the most important aspect and needs to be articulated on a regular basis. This would effectively mean reaching out to different work streams and and at different levels to achieve results. It is fun to be able to say that I have achieved and delivered at the end of the day. Interacting with people and providing them support when they most need it is a part of the days activities.

A company needs to provide freedom of work and an environment conducive to delivering results. I have been fortunate to work with organizations who believed in this and provided an environment in which one could deliver results and enjoy doing the same.
Pros
Freedom to work
Provided a good income to live comfortably.
Quality group Leader (Former Employee) –  Bridgeville, PAJanuary 7, 2019
The job provided a good living. ! was able to attend school when I worked on daylight shift. I worked all shifts, holidays and weekends. I did a lot of heavy lifting. I like the people i worked with. Some of the supervisors would help you also.
Pros
wages
Cons
Working shifts. and in the heat
Every Day Was Different
Site Technical Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasJanuary 7, 2019
GE Management has lost perspective of what made GE great.
Lost focus on center of excellence.
No engagement from employees rank and file.
No voice of the customer.
Pros
Dedicated Employees
Cons
No future
best professional experience
Senior Operations Risk Manager (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJanuary 5, 2019
i loved that place. the place is a lean six sigma shop, meaning that most have a very high level of business expertise. if you go in with that background you can do well.
Strong culture, challenging environment, with improving workplace ammenities
Commercial Excellence Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 4, 2019
GE is a challenging place, especially in recent times with the refacing of the business and reform happening within Power. Nonetheless, GE is a highly profitable business with proven and popular products that deliver great outcomes across the globe. It's an honor to work there and be a part of the team.
Pros
Global, connected teams, good use of tech for communications
Cons
multiple intra-company systems for operations, order fulfillment, and even social networking.
Work place
GENERAL WAREHOUSE WORKER (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 4, 2019
Hated it very much, no more words needed. It was a place ran by children. It was very unorganized, and
Non productive, I did like it at all. I wouldn’t recommend working there to anyone.
Pros
Cons
Look at Pros
Professional and friendly work environment with dedicated employees.
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 4, 2019
* Manage executive calendar
* Coordinate employee activities
* Maintain office supplies and equipment
* Manage annual communications plan
* Create presentations
* Edit and create daily correspondence
* Handle extensive travel itineraries
* Produce travel expense reports

* There isn't a negative aspect of this job.

* Most enjoyable part of this job is working with the team. Everyone
on the team is dedicated, intelligent and friendly.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, great benefits, professional yet friendly work environment.
Cons
Flexible and resourceful work place
Senior Account / Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 3, 2019
Working time and palace is flexible. Tele-commuting most of the time. Traveling ever week. Provides expert level training and mentoring on any subject related to your role. Very strict rules and culture on compliance & integrity. Definitely financial and HQ target driven.
Overall good company with great people but less job security
Senior Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 3, 2019
Overall good company with great people but less job security. However, many opportunities to extend your career exposure due to nature of conglomerate company structure.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GE Corporate. Our community is ready to answer.

52.6K
42.2K
31.1K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at GE Corporate.

Powered by Comparably