GE Corporate Employee Reviews

Found 4,112 reviews matching the search See all 6,448 reviews
Lack of integrity
Installation Manager (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXFebruary 14, 2019
Lack of integrity this company ask for us to comply with integrity on their level but yet they themselves will not have integrity for their employees this company is based on nothing but nepotism
Pros
I get to stay busy all the time
Cons
They do not compensate their workers for the amount of work being performed
A great place to work for those in management positions
Material Manager/Project Management Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYFebruary 14, 2019
the most enjoyable part of the job is the people.
The culture in the department that I worked in was very poor.
Management has no regard for its people.
I rate GE in Melbourne FL as a 3 out of 5 start
QA Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLFebruary 14, 2019
The culture in the Melbourne office is odd. There is a very distinct line between "blue badges", which are GE Employees and "Green Badges", which are Contractors. Middle Management struggle so to work together
Pros
very flexible with remote working/good work like balance
Cons
too many layers of management
productive, respectful , ethical
Technician (Former Employee) –  Duarte, CAFebruary 14, 2019
results driving with great respect for all that works with or around. Great knowledge of job and abilities to navigate obstacles and problem solve to meet deadlines and keep customers needs first.
High Stress and poorly managed
Remanufacturing Technician (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 13, 2019
As a 5 year employee of GE; the management team continued to fail in all aspects of working in a team environment. 48 + Hour work weeks, high safety injury rate with a continued increase in production.
Good Learning on day to day basis
System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Niskayuna, NYFebruary 13, 2019
Work Environment was inspiring had given lot of new learnings on daily basis.Had a fun filled environment . Work Pressure had made me develop myself into a strong pro active person.
Not a good place to work.
Machinist (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAFebruary 13, 2019
Find a better place to work. Because of the buy out from wabtec the moral of this company is very low. They are taking a lot of the benefits and retirement options away and cutting wages.
Buen ambiente de trabajo
Device Assembler (Former Employee) –  East Flat Rock, NCFebruary 13, 2019
Existe mucha colaboracion entre companeros de trabajo y supervisdores de area.
Management Revolving Door
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 12, 2019
No Stability - management constantly changed and eventually an architect without people skills was running the project; Predix was a marketing nightmare forced upon the development team to profit GE corporate versus serving customers the best solutions. Great concept in theory but horrible implementation.
It was okay
Nuclear CRD Undervessel Technician II (Current Employee) –  Nation wideFebruary 11, 2019
Too much to explain honestly, haha. Much of it was sitting in a trailer for most of the day waiting on work to get approved then spending about 7 hours in the plant.
Strong Culture and Amazing People
Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 9, 2019
Very organized organization and passionate/smart people. I loved my time at GE! Typical day consists of back to back meetings (con), however you get to do meaningful impactful work with opportunities to volunteer or be a part of an extra curricular group such as the Womans Network. Hardest part of the job is balancing meetings versus getting your work done. Most enjoyable part was how much the company cared about its people and showing their value by giving consistent performance reviews (formal process), raises based on performance, employee relations activities and training offered.
Great people, but slow to adapt
Senior Market Intelligence Director (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 8, 2019
GE was a great place to start my career, however, lately the leadership has been slow to react and struggling to keep up with the times. Leadership tends to not leave and only move around those that have come off a program since they spent money to "develop" them.

Benefits of working with many smart individuals though.
Not a great work environment.
Replacement Operator (Former Employee) –  KentuckyFebruary 8, 2019
Poorly run Management. Corporate takes absolutely no input from employees on the ground level for improvements. A work culture where employees are afraid to report their injuries for fear of retaliation by managment. The jobs are mostly simple although fast paced. They lack proper training for the jobs but the jobs should still be able to be mastered through trial and error.
Pros
friendly staff, decent health benefits.
Cons
no lunch break. 2 ten minute breaks that you can put together for a 20 minute break
Industrial Division
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNFebruary 7, 2019
Division was the red headed step child of the company. Money and benefits were great. Management was overworked and stressed to the maximum. Very political work environment.
Pros
Benefits and Pay
Cons
Lots of travel
I have a lot to offer an employer, im not the best but I learn quick and I am dedicated.
Aerospace Welder. (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 7, 2019
I have been at GE for 18 years. I have grown with the company and with my fellow workers. Together we, as a team took this company to an amazing level that continues to grow day in and day out. I have been a welder for many years. I have been in aerospace for 18 of those years. My dream is to live and die in Alaska. I have a lot to offer an employer. In exchange I want Alaska and the means to support myself while im there.
Pros
Cons
Health, Dental, 401k, vacation. The normal benefits.
Good Company
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 7, 2019
As one of the largest employers in the world, the overall exposure to business and benefits from working at GE were very good. Competitive culture and always striving for more.
senior qa/qc welding inspector
Lead QA/QC Welding, Painting and Insulation (Former Employee) –  IndonesiaFebruary 7, 2019
Proud become part of this company, and happy become great team of this project, and hopefully any opportunity in future and can joint with this company
Pros
free lunch
Cons
healt assurance
great place to work
BATTERY C OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYFebruary 6, 2019
I enjoyed going to work daily, i enjoyed helping the researcher piece together their work. worked an 8-12 hour shift depending upon the need. The management was fine.
Pros
great pay
Cons
lay off
A lot of pressure for results
Engineer (Current Employee) –  CAFebruary 5, 2019
Lack of resources and pressure for results are very frequently on the daily basis. People are overwhelmed and it can be frustrating in the end of the day.
Benefits
Cons
No career opportunities, or very limited
Good core company with growth opportunities
Manager (Current Employee) –  MAFebruary 5, 2019
Challenging, multi faceted, diverse, talented workers, great management training classes, structured, multi cultural, volunteering advocate, charitable, team oriented, committee leadership

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GE Corporate. Our community is ready to answer.

52.6K
42.2K
31.1K

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight