GE Corporate Employee Reviews

Found 3,124 reviews matching the search See all 4,745 reviews
Great pay and Benefits, great place to work
Assembler and Set Up Machine (Former Employee) –  Somersworth, NHNovember 20, 2018
very challenging job, learned how meters and transformers worked, most coworkers were easy to get along with, most enjoyable was the holiday celebrations the company had.
Pros
great pay
Cons
short breaks
Nice place to work no stress at all and a fair pay
QUALITY CONTROL, INSPECTOR (Former Employee) –  Bradenton floridaNovember 20, 2018
I love working for GE . If GE were to open again I would definitely work for them. Very interesting to work with Meyers. They gives you alot of opportunity to learn different jobs. Its was sad that GE was just a temporary job and a contract. When they moved I could never find a decent job like GE.
Pros
The hours was excellent
Cons
Short brakes
Good place for young people
Learning Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 19, 2018
Great place for starting a career. Feel out of mlm place if your not a millennial. The environment is designed for them. Everyone is very nice and wonderfully talented.
Pros
Good leaders, great opportunities to get involved
Cons
Not a lot of chances to move up, lack of development
Fun work place with lots of overtime available
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Niles, OHNovember 19, 2018
My typical day was mostly spent working on filaments for producing light bulbs.
The workplace culture was excellent. There were a lot of hardworking employees that enjoyed their job.
Something different everyday.
Onsite Machinist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 18, 2018
I this job is very interesting. Learned different things everyday. The crew that’s put together for outages were great to work with. Great team environment and very safety conscious.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Away from family
Great company to work for
Principle Area Sales Manager - Retail (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCNovember 16, 2018
A great company to work for - highly recommend it
Company car
flexible hours
great customers
lots of autonomy
room for advancement
salary is not as competitive as similar companies
Great people to work with and actually care about their workers
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALNovember 16, 2018
They was an excellent company to work for with plenty of opportunities and the jobs are great.They are very concerned about their workers and they create great work environments.
Seniority, long wait for advancement
o Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VANovember 15, 2018
Wait for technical service calls from the shop floor. Management was not visible. The culture was knowing your place, seniority was everything. It was not enjoyable to work for GE.
Pros
A paycheck
Cons
Not a pleasant work environment
Good
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 15, 2018
Great porfessional work envirornment. I Would recommend working here to any one. They are very professional and give plenty of raises and have benifits.
Pros
Consistent
Good Company
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 15, 2018
Good company but opportunities like any company. Some leadership opportunities. Overall good company and advancement is available if you want to relocate..
Pros
great training
Cons
some leadership opportunities

Want to know more about GE Corporate?

Ask a question
Not all about quality but rather quantity
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 14, 2018
A typical work day at GE is fast paced and strenuous if standing

I learned that factory work is only easy when you have good people around you.

hardest part about GE is working in the summer time, no temperature control so its hot

Most enjoyable thing about GE is breaks are often given when necessary and 30 minute lunches
Pros
Seniority
Cons
Low seniority
Once a good company, now a dying titan
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CANovember 14, 2018
Good luck competing with the CAS grads as that pipeline is favored above all else, this group keeps eating up any decent role and lacks the necessary experience to act with due professional care.

The infrastructure at this company blows, there is no actionable information to guide decisions and 98% of the time is spent on obtaining data rather than analyzing it.

The company also has a propensity to follow the loudest idiot in the room, not the most competent managers.
Competitive environment
Projects Sourcing Manager (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INNovember 13, 2018
I really enjoyed the competitive envirement and opportunities for advancement, Structured annual appraisal process with opportunities to win stock options.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Specialist - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Mebane, NCNovember 13, 2018
I loved the environment and people i worked with on a daily bases. The management was my only complaint, because there were managing from another state and that just didn't work, because they didn't fully understand my job duties in the facility and the field.
Bad place
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 13, 2018
Night shift sucks. Manager was bad. Day shift is great. The manager was willing to train me on anything and was down to earth about everything. He made it great to work there.
Ge
Cosmetic and Power Nosel Repair (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 13, 2018
GE was a very relaxed and diverse environment that had a lot of opportunities for growth to learn about the company. I enjoyed learning new things in different departments that gave me more experience as a employee. I feel that job security needed to be improved to give employees more of an upbeat outlook about their careers.
Pros
relaxed pace, learned new things in different departments
Cons
the stability to have a career was not great
Detail Specialist
Customer Detail Specialist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 12, 2018
I enjoyed the travel and different people that I met while working for GE. I called on national and regional accounts that sold GE appliances, training employees on all GE products sold at their stores. I also held training sessions for departments and new location openings to assure GE it's fair share of the market in that area. GE is a well respected company that offered great backup to me as a representative of their company.
Pros
Great hours, pay and fellow employees and management
Cons
Not enough hours, temporary position
Very rewarding
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDNovember 12, 2018
Over an eleven year period, the company paid for vocational training which allowed me to be promoted (5 times) from low level positions to higher level positions covering my chosen field of Logistics. They believed in promoting within first, and set up programs to do exactly that. I learned a variety of jobs, including management training. Every job I learned hands on, paid off over the years, but the training "GE" paid for made the biggest difference.
Pros
encouraged to excell
Good life work balance - good people to work with
Patent Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Norwalk, CTNovember 12, 2018
I enjoyed my time in this company. There were a number of company sponsored outing, career enhancing projects and programs that were paid for by the company.
GE Aircraft Engines
Process Engineer / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Evendale, OHNovember 12, 2018
Nothing to review union shop was time to move on with my career left for Aerothrust in 2007. Learned a lot about GE Aircraft Engines CFM as well as Marine Industrial.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GE Corporate. Our community is ready to answer.

51.9K
41.6K

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight