GE Corporate
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from GE Corporate:

GE Corporate Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA22 reviews
A place to work
A stable, well balanced, family-like work environment. While innovation and technology are on the rise that this location, the team finds a way to deliver results, delight the customer, and maintain very good quality standards. Overall -great people and leaders.
Best of the best!
At the time I worked for GE, it was the #1 company in the world. Top quality environment and bleeding edge technology. Management was the best I have seen
Pros
Culture, Technology, Management
Worked there as an entry grad
Was part of the Financial Mgmt Program (FMP) and really enjoyed it. Good career starter. Worked at GEIS so it's only one division so I can't say what it's like elsewhere.
Pros
company brand
Cons
can't say, didn't work there long enough
GE gave me my largest leadership experience.
GE put me in charge of a 27 person team, with the responsibility of developing a database and a reporting capability that was aimed at improving the communications between the Army and the congress.
Very rewarding
Over an eleven year period, the company paid for vocational training which allowed me to be promoted (5 times) from low level positions to higher level positions covering my chosen field of Logistics. They believed in promoting within first, and set up programs to do exactly that. I learned a variety of jobs, including management training. Every job I learned hands on, paid off over the years, but the training "GE" paid for made the biggest difference.
Pros
encouraged to excell
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Driven management
Learned a lot of politics and risk management from management.
Management was too structured. Once again everyone stressed

politics in their decision making. The hardest part of the job was

upward communication of ideas and suggestions. The most enjoyable part of the job was the prestige of working for GE.
GE Culture
The GE culture was unmatched in my observation. It made everyone want to be part of the culture. You were proud to be a part of the organization. Great training.
Good experience until they laid off a third of the employees
This company is no longer anything like it was when I was there, so reviewing it makes no sense at this time. I think you should make this optional. Definitely
good
When it comes to on-campus dining, facilities services, sport arenas and conference center services, Aramark is the real head of the class. Partnering with close to 600 colleges and universities throughout the United States, we strive to provide the best residential, retail, and catering options, service and facilities for students, faculty and administrator. Our programs are second to none in their innovation, excellence and results. As part of our commitment, we are determined to build and develop the best team of professionals in the industry - people who aren't afraid of spearheading change, who know how to lead and who appreciate endless opportunity.
pathway to learning business management in a corporation
A very rigorous program that provided skills for future job assignments. Hardest part of the job was getting management support as my program's employees, all recent college graduates learned the different aspects of the business.
frequently volunteers to help communtity
great pay, poor upper management. job security is excellent, would strongly recommend changing out uppermanagment. all in all a good place to work for
Pros
great pay good benifeits
Cons
lots of drama poor managment
Little or no room to grow professionally
This company is not too bad to work for, but the work remains the same. Each workday is the same task and there is no room for change unless needed.
Pros
seasonal sports
Cons
short breaks, micromangement
Great experience
Was managing a large team, including development. Was responsible for creating processes for SDLC. Overseeing large projects.
The best company I ever worked for!
Top quality management and work ethics. Management and fellow employees worked and performed at the top. Quality of processes and work products always were the best. Can't say enough good things about GE!
Fun place to work, beautiful campus
Met on system outages for the region I handled; Met with different departments. Prepare inventory of s'ware on servers.
Pros
Fun place to work, beautiful campus, office parties on site
Cons
Little time to enjoy them
Great learning and development organization
The company was reaching into new areas of the internet and seeing what different ways the internet could benefit the business markets. The business was great at getting all members of the team to buy into the plan and would empower the members to do what needed to be done to accomplish the business needs. Schedules were flexible for life needs and leadership was great at developing from within.
Pros
Company environment
Cons
Rapidly changing technology makes it a challenge to stay current
The job changed frequently
If it were managed and the follow through was appropriate, then it would be a fine place to work. All of the skilled tradesmen and women there were very nice to work with.
Very good Company to work for
The chance for advancement was very good and you were regonized and appreciated for the job you were peroforming.
Pros
The company was Great is all aspects of the company for me.
Cons
Did not like that the accounting division had to close.
Extraordinary company to work for
GE is a management learning opportunity that is second to none

GE is bases its success to delivery quality
Good Company
GEMICO was great place to work. Allowed employees to experience other aspects of the business by their PASSPORT program. You could go to another area of the company and learn that business with a three month placement.
Good benefits
There is much GE could learn from the operations of smaller companies. I enjoyed writing proposals and R&D projects.
Pros
large established company
Cons
very structured not flexible on employment
Ask a question about working or interviewing at GE Corporate. Our community is ready to answer.
3.4K
2.9K
1.5K
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at GE Corporate.