GE Corporate Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
51.7K
41.4K
Found 2,723 reviews matching the search See all 4,113 reviews
Productive and Fun place to work
FMP Supply Chain Financial Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 12, 2018
This was a very competitive yet fun place to work. You are place in a situation where you have to learn a lot of things at the same time but you are always able to ask questions.
Excellent work environment focused on combining employee development with operational success
Manager, Environmental Remediation (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTJuly 10, 2018
I found the work environment at GE Corporate to be very supportive. I was given numerous opportunities to learn ad grow and I received tremendous support from the management team
Pros
Supportive environment that allowed for and encouraged personal growth
Cons
Heavy travel
Was a strong and professional corporation
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJuly 10, 2018
I enjoyed my time with this corporation. I am currently an employee of Solenis LLC performing my job in a similar industry. The company was fair, but it is very large and our organization was essentially a company on its own within GE.
Pros
Great autonomy
Cons
Very rigid at the corporate level
good place to work
Quality Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJuly 9, 2018
interesting work at a place that had been so important in the building and shaping of American technologies. Too bad the main plant has about 1/3 of people working there than when they did 25 years ago.
Pros
flexible schedules, work from home
Cons
upper management
was a gos working place
CFO at GE Energy Management Services (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 7, 2018
it was a very nice learning environment but now everything has changed. no opportunities and everyone is trying to save their jobs. Pay is bad with little benefits
Senior IT Program Leader - Security Products (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAJuly 5, 2018
Good workplace culture, employees have the autonomy to fail fast, learn, pivot if needed and try again. Empowered to innovate products that create value around the globe.
Was a contract position
Product Advisory Administrator III (Former Employee) –  Plainville, CTJuly 5, 2018
Was brought on to work in a contract position for 9-12 months. Contract ended after 6. Most likely b/c of the sale to ABB

Industrial Solutions is a nice old corporate culture where change is normally met with lots of grumbling. The people are very nice.
Interesting sometimes stressful work. You get oppportunities to collaborate with great people from all around the world.
Lean Leader (Current Employee) –  Selmer, TNJuly 5, 2018
General Electric has been an overall good experience. I've had the opportunity to do several different jobs, meet and work with bright people from around the world. Some jobs within GE are much more stressful and time consuming than others. It's pretty easy at times to let your work-life balance get skewed far on the "work" side. Overall, I would recommend GE to someone who is looking for a great company that they can grow with.
Pros
Lots of opportunities to grow, great pay
Cons
Leadership training and jumpstart skills to your career
Lead Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 2, 2018
Access to leadership, mentorship, and a large group of field experts:

EEDP program
online masters
rotational work placements
travel to different locations
international networking
good working environment
HVAC Technician (Current Employee) –  Niskayuna, NYJuly 1, 2018
fast paced lots to learn great benefits , hard to get jobs done union labor many trades hard to deal with to get the task competed .some trades are more difficult to deal with

Want to know more about GE Corporate?

Ask a question
Amazing company to work for
Lead Accountant, Cincinnati, Ohio (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 30, 2018
Competitive salary, amazing benefits, great company culture. I didn't have any major issues/complaints wihile working at GE. I left my role because I wanted to stay at home with my young child for a few years.
Team Environment with lots of opportunity's for advancement
Machine Operator\Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJune 29, 2018
Great company to work for benefits are great, teamwork is valued there. They have many programs to go in so that you can advance in your career. Great pay compensation for the employees with raises and bonuses annually.
Pros
Relaxed friendly environment, Great benefits
Cons
Cant leave plant site during breaks
Excellent benifits
Manufacturing Assembler II (Former Employee) –  Minden, NVJune 28, 2018
Do not approach HR about a personal disorder. Leads to termination.Most workers are excellent at their job.Very good benefits, but needs higher wages for this area.
Pros
Good employees
Cons
Lack of training
Dependent on which Manager you work for - Good place to work
Quality Assurance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJune 27, 2018
Great place to work for until GE divested in a few of its divisions. If you fell into one of those divisions, things got uncomfortable. It is for me as the future is uncertain.

Your advancement and how much you like your job really depends a lot on your manager. I happen to have a great one, so I'm lucky there. You do have the opportunity to move to other teams if you'd like to try something else, but again, that depends on which manager you have and whether they'll let you.

Benefits are good, folks have the opportunity to work from home when life's challenges come up. Not sure how much this will change once we're no longer part of parent GE.
Pros
Good benefits, some company outings and activities
Cons
Current divestiture atmosphere of the company
good pay, not much else
Technician (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJune 27, 2018
pay is excellent, union protects the people that should be fired. a trained monkey can do almost any job there. culture is one of constant stress, even when there is no reason for it, someone will make your day stressful. they will lay you off regardless of performance while keeping the guy you trained to do your job because hes been at the shop longer.
Good Company
Senior Program / Project Manager - PMO (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 22, 2018
Good company to work for. Was difficult to break into some corporate culture, mostly due to being located away from the primary team. Overall, it was a good experience.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Location Issues
Medical Systems
Senior Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJune 19, 2018
I worked in the medical imaging field, servicing CT scanners, PET/CT's , ultrasound units and MRI units. Traveled extensively. Average work day 8-12 hours. "On call" rotation for the weekends. Fast paced, high intensity work load. Find gratification in the work that I do and the people that I can help.
Workplace
Mechanical Design Engineer 2 (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTJune 19, 2018
Overall GE was a great company to work for. The benefits were ok loved the vacation time but health benefits were expensive. The morale around the office was great until they started doing layoffs.
Pros
Work Morale, Opportunity for Growth
Benefits
worldwide company that is looking to improve bottom line always
National Product Support CT Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hayes Middx UKJune 19, 2018
Employed as support engineer and had role of troubleshoot medical systems.
Very time demanding and response to resolve was expected of you
Lots of help, very good technically
Pros
Lots of team support
Cons
People are nice but management sucks
Replacement operator (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 15, 2018
Great people to work with on a line. You get no pay raises. Great benefits. Management is really a pain on first shift but any other shift is okay. U can bid from job to job within facility.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Short breaks and horrible management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GE Corporate. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight