GE Corporate

Found 5,553 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,851 reviews

GE Corporate insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

A place to work

A stable, well balanced, family-like work environment. While innovation and technology are on the rise that this location, the team finds a way to deliver results, delight the customer, and maintain very good quality standards. Overall -great people and leaders.

Appreciate by management

GE is a great place to work. The hours are flexible. I feel I have grown both personally and professionally since I began working there. I've been a nurse for 25 years and have worked in a few different organizations and GE is by far the best place.

Pros

Flexible hours, respected, and paid wl

Cons

Good pay hit or miss managment

Mentors were great anybody who was a PO or higher don't care really about you. Pay was very good and competitive and the benefits were good. Just watch out for the higher ups and don't step on anyone's feet.

Great people and nice facility

I have been with GE for almost a year now and I really don't have any complaints. I work a daylight shift 7 to 3:30 so I'm still able to have a family life. I work with a bunch of great people. The supervisors are very understanding and they're very friendly and easy to get along with. Only downside to this company is that they expect you to be able to produce on machines that are completely broke down and busted. It makes for a long day when you can't even do your job. My best advice is to avoid ITR side of the building. During interview try to get in with CBR side. Atleast they have it somewhat together over there. Good luck job hunting!

Pros

Working with great people and laid back environment

Cons

Broken machines, maintenance man that can't even fix them, and they hire new hires and we don't have machines to train them on.

Horrible Management. No Leadership. No Strategy

The company is a mess. Lack of transparency, no strategy, flailing leadership. Toxic culture and no one cares about fixing it. Management overhaul needed.

Pros

Permissive time off

Cons

Culture, Aviation Management Team, Pay

Fast pace ever changing environment. Every day is different and there is always a new challenge.

Here at GE there is an abundance of work. It is an exciting place to work, because things are moving fast and they are ever changing. No two days are ever the same. And we work on some cool stuff. At JPort in Channelview, TX we build Jet engines and turn them into power generating/distributing turbines. Wow! They do not pay well at first, see here at GE this is a career and you have to pay your dues for about 9-10 years, then by year 11 for most roles is when the money/salary starts to get better.There is constant turn over and promotion within the company, from people leaving and going to get that lucrative bag externally or people being promoted up in the company.It is a very political and tenured based company. Promotions are more based on relationships, it’s not what you know, it’s who you know and how they feel about you. Most people in the company doesn’t know their new role at first, because they will promote you on potential. Also GE does a good job of training you. They make you job shadow, shadow, shadow over and over again for like 120 days plus, then one day/week everybody in your department takes off from work, and you are the go to decision maker on-site for that week, and you are forced to perform. It’s sink or swim, baptism by fire.Here at GE if you are looking for a job this is not the place to apply, but if you are looking for a career then it’s the place for you. You have to think long term.

Pros

Great work life balance. 5 plus weeks of vacation.

Cons

GE is notoriously cheap, they don’t pay well at first.

Good company to work for mid-career

Coming here fresh out of college was a bit of a challenge. You will always be drinking out of a fire hydrant. At first there were many areas to be challenged and grow technically and professionally. After going completely remote senior's started leaving in droves for other opportunities (great for them!). Leaving many of us behind to try to maintain and push the envelope. In some ways we have been successful. Others we have not. At times its a struggle to make an impact and feel like your work makes a difference. The organization I work in also has challenges to teach younger newer people how things work and where they can be the most effective. At times its placed entirely on them to "figure it out" or "choose your adventure". While being held back by only able to work on your main tasks at hand. If your mid-career looking for a change GE might be for you. Great opportunities to learn new technologies and there definitely support to learn.

Pros

Great work life balance being remote.

Cons

Management needs to give their underlings more direction and more impactful work, Be ambitious, push the envelope, else people will leave since they can find more impactful work out there.

I love ge

I Love Working For GE I Miss Working There Great People Great Vibes Great Energy I Got Along With Everybody Inside An Outside I Wish I Could Come Back

Great company to work for

I loved gea, made my experience there worth my time. Great boss, great ceo and they want everyone who’s comes through there to feel comfortable. I’ll definitely come back if it could

Great

Nice and awesome people to worm with1 infiund hesven on earth you are my last my first and then i earth and ave maria sometimes lobe can come and pass yiu by why are you busy naking plans

GE lacks leadership throughout the company.

They hold nobody but the employees on the shop floor accountable for issues that are on the shop floor. Engineering is clueless and can make mistake after mistake and never suffer any consequences,

Pros

Dayshift

No advancement. Obvious Favoritism.

There's definitely favoritism in this plant. Some of the management needs to learn more leadership as well as people skills. Some have a "because I said so" mentality. Absolutely no positive communication nor organization. It doesn't matter if you have a degree, if you're not their close friend, you will not advance.

Pros

A paycheck

Cons

Two short breaks

Focus on financials

While GE has a lot of programs for safety, employee engagement, and others, it is apparent the entire focus of the company is meeting the quarterly financial commitments. While the other items get lip service, quarterly financial results drive the company and are the center of almost all long term decisions. They may have changed, as this mind-set finally caught of with them as the inertia of the businesses Welch inherited ran out.

Soul Crushing

It takes a special person to thrive at this company. It is the proverbial soul crushing machine. The pay is decent but the workload is ridiculous. Advancement is difficult unless you are one of the elites. After a few years you may lose your will to live.

Only the leaders matter

It is very stressful working at GE right now. The leaders worry more about themselves than their teams. Compensation is not equitable. Only a few will make money. The rest will make a lot of money for GE to pay for the big bonuses for the leadership. We have had a lot of turn over and several layoffs. I have been at GE for about 6 years and on the same team. I have been on the team longer than any other member. Not in time of service, just time on the team. I can tell you we have had the team turn over three times in 6 years. Mostly through resignation, layoffs, and a couple of terminations. I believe we had 2 promotions. Very inconsistent for a team of about 16. A lot of the current team members like myself are actively looking to move on to another company.

Pros

I think we hit rock bottom so only way is up.

Cons

Every year expect to make less money even if you sell more.

Okay for temp

Okay if you first move and need the income. Not enough pay and little move forward. Also laying off every once in a while. That does not help matters

Pros

Calm environment

Cons

No pay hardly

Everyone worked well together.

I haven't worked there in over 13 years but I remember I loved my job in the legal department. There were training sessions on occasion and meetings. A good environment all in all.

Pros

There was a gym downstairs.

Cons

Too many lay offs.

Terrible work environment

GE is a horrible company to work for, every single person who has been there for more than 20 years will do everything in their power to make you hate your job. Nobody is willing to help you, including HR. If they get the chance, they will take every opportunity to step on you and make you look awful to your superiors and coworkers alike. Management is a joke, all outsourced paper pushers who couldn't answer a question about your job if their life depended on it, but they sure do know how to make their authority known with cursing at you and screaming inches from your face so tgeir spit is actually hitting you in the face.

Pros

Great pay, excellent benefits, multiple shifts, overtime

Cons

Short breaks, horrific and hostile work environment, terrible management

Very little

Pay sucks breaks sucks no leadership they want you to just work and breaks are short 10 minutes to get to your car on break for your 30 so you have to bring your lunch don’t be a smoker you will have problems

Decent Pay

unqualified leadership, not enough opportunity for advancement, favortism is right on the verge of being disrespectful depends on how you look at it. pay was decent

Hard work low pay

There’s a reason why this place is always hiring. They can’t keep people. It’s hard work low pay, training sucks, and management sucks. Some of the people there are rude and selfish. You’ll get moved around constantly when you’re a new hire until you get placed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GE Corporate. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5K
3K
1.6K

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at GE Corporate.
Powered byComparably