GE Energy Management Employee Reviews

machinist
Machinist (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TX 79765January 14, 2018
Machined parts on lathes and mills.Good job but work slowing down. I learned how to program and run Weiler cnc lathe. Worked on a deferent product line then what I have ran before.
A contract position only
Temporary Contactor / Engineering Project Leader (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 12, 2018
This was a temporary project that was closed due to the oil prices and slow down of production. This project was to increase safety on off shore drilling.
Pros
good parking and cafe
Cons
lack of supplies and meeting rooms
A good place to work
Sr. Electrical Requisition Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 28, 2017
• Packaged generator, motors, VFD, panels for oil & gas & coordinated field issues; designed/reviewed, marked-up, modified drawings. Configured protection & controls (low voltage to 13.8 kV to 230 kV).
• Prepared scope & spec., bill of materials, reviewed drawings and coordinated with suppliers. Performed short circuit analysis, load flow & arc flash studies model using ETAP. Prepared 1 line 3 lines schematics.
• Prepared equipment layouts, cable & conduit scheduling, point to point check, protection and control schematics and interlocking diagram. Sized transformer, motor, conductor, panel, and grounding.
• Designed substation, engineering calculations, voltage drop calculations, protection & controls and relay coordination. AutoCAD skills to develop cost effective substation design drawings
Great internship program
Intern (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVDecember 28, 2017
The internship program was immersive and it felt the projects had a real impact on the business. Employees weren't hesitant to provide insight and candid feedback.
Ok place to work.
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 18, 2017
Its an OK place to work but a far as advancement opportunities hard to move up in the company. I recommend this job to anyone just starting out as good foot in the door opportunity.
A good place to work
Engineer/Technologist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 11, 2017
GE is a good place to work. One is treated well, and respected. A healthy work environment is also a positive. I would love to go back to GE if I ever get a chance.
I love this job just time for a change to better my family financially.
Assembler/welder (Current Employee) –  Houston txDecember 8, 2017
I worked for almost 10 years at ge. Its a great place to work most everyone got along. They treated everyone with respect and was.on top of there saftey.
All about GE Executive Compensation
Principal Wastewater Engineer (Former Employee) –  Oakville, CANovember 20, 2017
Horrible Workplace. GE stand for good for Executives. Beat on employees so they can make preposterously large bonuses for fictional quarterly results.
Energy industry under alot of pressure and reflective on the culture
Global Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 14, 2017
Oil and Gas has been under scrutiny and cost pressure and reflective on the culture of the company resulting in constant layoff worries and employee low morale.
No Management Backing
Site Manager, Desert Sky Wind Farm (Current Employee) –  Iraan, TXNovember 9, 2017
I was hired without ever meeting my manager. In 6 months of working there, I still never met my manager. He never had time for my site or me. In short my manager, never backed his people.
Was cool
Bridge Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Tehachapi, CANovember 9, 2017
Started as a temp, moved up. They did a lot of trying, became a crane operator and over the job was really fun even though it could be a stressful day
Big Company, Big Red Tape
Technical Sales - Drilling and Production Systems (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 1, 2017
Very difficult to make any meaningful change in your process. Managers are often in "developmental" rotations so it becomes difficult to develop relationships.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
ok
Engineer / Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Galion , ohOctober 25, 2017
Gave up work in Ohio. Had the PIP contract for work. Had a lot of good people in the Ohio group. Most found other jobs some just retired. Closed Galion Ohio site.
Pros
more money
Cons
lost good employees
Fast Paced and competitive
Industrial Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 23, 2017
Ge Energy Management was a very fast paced company that thrived on competition, hard work and long hours. The work was challenging but rewarding and my co-workers were wonderful to work with. This business was sold.
Pros
Competitive
Cons
Long Hours
Last mgr was poorly suited for the position and remained in place regardless
Wireline Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 22, 2017
GE O&G is stockholder-centric and not customer-centric, at least in the wireline segment. Always had an excuse, never fought for the customer and had absolutely no sense of oil fields 24/7 mentality.
Its ok
Commercial Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 18, 2017
Job is OK, but its super busy and the sales team I support is annoyingly demanding. I don't particularly enjoy the job, but the pay is great and I'm good at what I do.
Pros
Unlimited time off
Cons
People expect you to check emails on vacation
Fun and exciting place to work
Staff Accountant/Invoice Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 10, 2017
It was always a fun place even during the crunch time at month end. we all managed to smile within the storms but created a family. GE also gave back to the community through volunteering.
great
Integration Leader (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 8, 2017
Working at GE is great. Career opportunities are there if you are flexible to move and fit culture... Need to be ready for constant innovation. High caliber.
Productive exciting work place. Culture is always changing and evolving.
Sales Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAOctober 8, 2017
Innovative and creative place to work. The culture is always evolving to encourage new and efficient changes in the workplace procedures and policies.
Pros
Ample training and learning.
Cons
Uncertainty.
i loved everything about this job!
Electrician & Instrumentation (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 8, 2017
The only reason I had to leave this job was because the whole plant was relocating over seas and they were cutting jobs right and left. I wish I could have traveled along with the job, but everyone even management were being laid off. I was very sad to leave.
Pros
Great work environment, lots of education and opportunity to move up.
Cons
the job was sent out of the country and everyone lost their jobs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GE Energy Management. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.9Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

4.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight