GE Healthcare Employee Reviews

Found 1,064 reviews matching the search See all 1,662 reviews
GE overall culture is good and employee freindly.
CRM Architect and Operations Leader (Current Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIJune 18, 2019
Most positions are being filled form overseas for IT Support. Career advancement is limited. Cost is more important than quality and loyalty. Long term job opportunity is limited.
Fast paced, continuous improvement
Director, Global IT Operations (Current Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIJune 17, 2019
Fast paced, technically evolved, fair work practices, globally diversified.. Challenging, yet exciting atmosphere with performance driven culture.
GEHC, is in process of many exciting changes, with newer, leadership in place from the executive team, through VP and Director level roles, with expectation of being more inclusive. Great place to work for work/life balance.
Awesome and recommend.
Cleaning Crew (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 7, 2019
Nice experience. Chill calm, and relaxed atmosphere. Good communication and I will refer someone to this job. I learned patience because sometimes when I had know idea why area of the building to clean, I had to ask my managers what to complete next. The hardest part of that job may have been getting used to the building because the building was humongous and I found myself easily lost.
Pros
Clean calm environment
Cons
The next step after you complete a task
I loved working here
Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIJune 5, 2019
I loved working for GE Healthcare. That is one of the reasons I stayed for 28.5 years! The products are top of the line, there are clear lines for advancement in most positions, and there are a wide range of positions. While compensation may be slightly below industry standards, there was a lot more loyalty to employees than in most companies these days.
poor employee training
Sales Support Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIJune 5, 2019
typical day and environment was friendly - training was not sufficient for someone to succeed in the job. feel like I was set up to fail. was not happy to be there tho I thought it was a good fit.
Massive corporation with room to grow
Senior Director Digital Operations (Former Employee) –  South Burlington, VTJune 4, 2019
World class leadership training
Very process-heavy
Frequent leadership turnover
Frequent strategic pivots.
Given quarter-by-quarter financial targets, long range planning was often given less emphasis than making quarterly numbers
Pros
Big company with room to grow. Excellent training
Cons
See above
I would like to see their core products better received by the customers
Clinical Consulting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COJune 3, 2019
GE Healthcare has its act together today. However they recently damaged their relationship with their customers by selling software before it was ready. Their nemesis is their sales department. Their savior is implementation and support.
Pros
They have some of the best support and implementation people in the business.
Cons
Their sales people are the worst in the business; and some program managers too are terrible.
Commercial Experienced Program
Commercial Experienced Program Imaging Sales (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIMay 29, 2019
I was very furtunate to be part of GE Healthcare I learned a lot in four month of training in the Imaging Modality. I was part of the Commercial Experienced Program. My training took place at the GE Institute USCAN University in Waukesha WI. I was trained in the X-Ray Systems, Konica DR, CT Scans, MRI, Nuclear Medicine, PET SCAN, and the GE Healthcare ABUS and the GE Pristina.

Unfortunately I had to exit the company because my wife was diagnosed with Hashimoto at the time and I had to relocate to Seattle Washington after my training. At the time my family did not feel ready to make the move from Miami Florida to Seattle Washington and decided to stay in Miami with the support of my family and friends.

I am very grateful to the GE Healthcare Organization for all their support and understanding of my wife health situation.
Pros
GE Healthcare is a great place to learn about new medical technologies
Cons
Sometimes GE might take take a long time to implement changes
The worse
Senior Biomedical Technician (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, VAMay 22, 2019
They absolutely suck, micro management low wages and paperwork out the wazoo. They encourage their employees to rat on each other. They would nickel and dime the customer for petty things
Improving work place
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 22, 2019
There are good things and things that need to be improved at GE Healthcare. There is a lot of training required, so you learn a lot, even if you already knew the information or had the skills. It is collaborative, everyone supports each other, even those that get on the nerves of the others.
Daily, we build or design x-ray machines for non-invasive surgical procedures. We're helping make healthcare better!
There are perks like a movie day or day pass to the Lagoon amusement park. There's an annual Community Service day where you can get paid to do a service project somewhere in the community.
Pros
Benefits, helping people, large well-known company
Cons
Problems with parts and bureaucracy
Great work place
Courier/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDMay 21, 2019
Excellent place to work with good compensation and benefits. I totally enjoyed my time with this company. There is some stress making deliveries in a timely fashion.
lack of manpower
Biomedical Technician Specialist, Field Service (Former Employee) –  Lodi, CAMay 20, 2019
this company takes forever to hire for additional support. i don't have 150 characters to describe this company. all i can say is, i had a good opportunity to work with other cultures.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
pay less
Use and abuse employees
Biomedical Technician (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 19, 2019
For the last 5 years I worked at GE all they cared about was screwing people out of overtime. I finally stopped working for free and management turned on me. They actively harassed older employees until they quit or retired so they could be replaced by younger and cheaper people. They had a 90 day notice from one customer to get better or get out. Turns out that out of 25 employees 19 were Biomed 1’s with less than two years experience. They had no experienced people and it showed. Site is still messed up. GE is probably going to sell the BIomed part of the business in the next year. Think twice.
Pros
Cons
Try another company
Learn a lot, make great contacts, play in scale.
GM (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 15, 2019
Huge dreams with the scale to realize. Profitable business with solid core products. Strong processes. Global presence. Very good development. Recommend.
Not a bad gig
Biomedical Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Hanford, CAMay 13, 2019
Get to work and do what your suppose to then everyone is happy. All my coworkers are great. Everyone works with everyone. Questions are answer professionally. Management will try to work with you if you communicate what you need or have questions about. Management is trying to keep their customers happy and being outside you just have to follow what management think is right. It's not bad and could be enjoyable if you have the right coworkers.
Pros
if you're single and willing to travel. Awesome job.
Cons
have to figure out how things work by oneself
Great company to work for
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  OhioMay 4, 2019
Fast paced; every day is different; challenging and rewarding work environment; leadership is top notch, encouraging in self development, and empathetic and understanding in family first; plenty of sick days, vacation, and personal days available
Pros
Great pay, opportunities for advancement
Cons
Hospital stress setting, not enough time to get things done in the day, answers to problems take too long
Director - Software Engineering (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 24, 2019
Lots of professional people that help work on new challenges every day. Working on healthcare related products makes you feel that you are making a difference.
Excellent place to work
Field Service Engineer Intern (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MAApril 19, 2019
GE Healthcare is an excellent place to work. The overall environment is very inviting and every person I've met in the company is very kind and enthusiastic about what they do.
Good experience but uniquely complicated
Account Manager/Sales (Current Employee) –  WI. MI. ND. SD. MN. IA. NE.April 18, 2019
Its a great place to work, but not for everyone. The culture is demanding and no matter what you think of the company's size, its bigger! For all of the hard working people at GE, you get tremendous autonomy to do your job. The flexibility was great. I felt like I was able to run my business. The Larger company always wins however. You are at the mercy of the larger GE--Good, Bad or Ugly. Often times a task that should be just a normal phone call can turn into an entire week of workflows and meetings to accomplish the goal. The amount of people involved with each step of the job can be hard to get used to. A good rolodex is crucial to working quickly, as the job is fast paced but navigating the company is a tiresome task.

You must be persistent yet, patient. A team player, but independently rigorous. Organized, but able to wing-it.

Like I stated, it's not for everyone.
Pros
Winning culture. Clout. Hard Working
Cons
Complex, Slow to make change
great welcoming enviroment
X-Ray manufacture technician (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYApril 17, 2019
was a great start in my career path, with given a year I exceeded all of production goals, great place friendly coworker flexible hours, fun events and pizza parties

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GE Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP35%
In the Top 35% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at GE Healthcare.

Powered by Comparably