GE Lighting Employee Reviews

Bad management. Poor communication
Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  VirginiaApril 3, 2018
No room for advancement. Reduced healthcare benefits and salary started hiring outside people. No loyalty. Ge had made many mistakes. Bad benefits. Low stock price now.bad management
Pros
Cons
Reduced benefits, low stock
GE lighting
Industrial Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 2, 2018
GE lamp plant in Lexington is an Average manufacturing experience. The benifets were good. However, the management was unorganized and chaotic at times. Due to poor management and economic reasons, the plant closed its doors. But I can only speak with my experience.
Pros
Benifets
it was a job
Electronics Engineering Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 8, 2017
carreer was challenging and self rewarding as well as educational. I worked with intelligent people that knew there area of expertise. I am glad I worked there.
Pros
ot available
Cons
massive short deadlines
Good Place to work
Project Specialist - "Mega" Projects Team (Former Employee) –  East Cleveland, OHNovember 1, 2017
While the pace was slow, overall you can make good money, while working fair hours.
The mgmt is not very organized, which can lead to issues.
Job security is shaky.
GE us a great company and a place to learn alot
Senior Director- IT Supply Chain (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 1, 2017
great place to work which provides tons of flexibility to employees. Great place for several types of leadership trainings. Would recommend others to join GE
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Fast paced
Many opportunities within the company
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 18, 2017
GE is a great company to work for. The opportunity to be involved in the Financial Management Program was one of a kind. Unfortunately, I wanted to be relocated back to Grand Rapids to be close to family.
Very Productive and laid back
Operations Project Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 25, 2017
Excellent position, learned alot about Lighting and Installations, also, project coordinating for major clients and key team player for project management from beginning to end.
Only negative was it was a 1.2 yr contracted position.
Pros
Professional Atmosphere
Cons
Contracted
Good company
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 17, 2017
Enjoyed working at GE. Learned a lot; management supportive. Fast paced but enjoyable. Given the opportunity to improve, if needed. Very fair pay and review system.
Best job i ever had, wonderful experience!!
Warehouse Production Worker/ Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  Batesville IndianaJune 29, 2017
Was a great atmosphere to work in, we were a good team everybody knew there job well. We had great management they were there to help us in everyway. Each day we had a quota to meet and we always seem to make it. Really miss GE Lighting wish it was still Open! A lot of the guys that I worked there with are at GE aircraft now. Hope to join them soon.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Plant shut down
Laid back
Packaging (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 9, 2017
I like the laid back atmosphere and the summer hours - what a bonus for a company to have that as an option! That shows their understanding of a work-life balance.
great workplace
assembler /paint line (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCMarch 7, 2017
great place to work but they just couldnt promise anything full time they kept me as a temp. and would lay me off and bring me back over and over again
Ge life
Shipper/Receiver/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  East Flat Rock, NCFebruary 24, 2017
I worked at ge since I was 19 now I'm 45. Enough said. People retire there bottom line. It's been a great job for my family. Benifts are great.
Pros
Longevity
Cons
Very little
Tough place to work
Photometric Technician/Various (Former Employee) –  East Flat Rock, NCFebruary 23, 2017
A typical work day has you performing the work of three or four people, never saying "that's not my job" because you will be out the door. Learning new things at every turn because someone else is overloaded and can't get to what you need so you have to do it your self, and if you make it through the work week you may still get a pink slip on Friday.
Pros
Great insurance and benefites.
Cons
Stress is uncontrolled
Great Experience
Office Manager/Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCDecember 8, 2016
I enjoyed my time at GE Lighting but feel it is time to move on due to downsizing. I will miss my co-workers. I enjoyed interacting with customers and vendors.
They trusted me with a lot of responsibility. Treated me with respect and a great work environment
Communications Intern & Council Member (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 7, 2016
They gave me a job and trusted that I'd run with it. They never had doubts in my ability to perform. This was an extremely great company to work for and I am thankful to have taken away so much experience. The variety of my job responsibilities made it fun and different every day.
Very different work environment than anything I've been apart of
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  East Cleveland, OHSeptember 15, 2016
Co-workers were very helpful and supportive in trying to help me accomplish goals. Everyone from the people I was working with to those I just saw in the halls were nice.
Pros
Interesting, cool projects
Cons
Isolated depending on where you work
Very productive fun environment
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Charleston, TNAugust 31, 2016
Good job friendly people. its Fast paced and laid back. Management is good and not uptight.Parking was good as well. Get to eat good provided meals on the holidays.
Pros
Break timing
Cons
not enough overtime
Designed for motivated, open minded people
PROCESS/LEAN ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILJanuary 21, 2016
I've worked for several companies, GE was so far the most enjoyable. I was encouraged to work hard in every scenario without someone looking over my shoulder. They place you into a challenging situation and you control the outcome. People were good listeners and enjoyed their work life balance. GE is massive and rather than most companies who treat them like numbers, they cared from them from beginning till end.
Fun place to work with electronic dart board.
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 10, 2015
Being flexible and adapting to change is a typical day and I learn to re-prioritize. Management does not micro-manage. Co-worker are my team players t help strategize. The hardest part is figuring out what takes priority when there are several at one time that are priority. The most enjoyable is knowing at the end of the day job well done.
Pros
On campus cafeteria, team building event, travel
Cons
Better Dental Coverage
Excellent Working Environment
Sr. Account Manager, Consumer Channel (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 6, 2015
Overall a good experience with all facets of the business, across both internal and external customers. Constant reinforcement and recognition of efforts well done
Pros
Great work environment