GE Transportation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
n/a
Assembler/Material Handling (Former Employee) –  Lawrence Park, PAMarch 14, 2018
working at ge was like no place else. it was a city within itself. the work atmosphere was okay and everyone had there own little clicks that they where a part of.
Cyclical Business
Regional Materials Manager/Service Operations (Current Employee) –  MarylandMarch 13, 2018
Good Culture
New Management
Good Work Life Balance
Management depends on Division
Job Culture depends on Division
Good foundations
Good company to be
assembler , fork lift and over head crane operator
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAMarch 13, 2018
My responsibilities included processing multi-cables complete, fold backs and cut backs, apply heat shrink, boot multi-cables, terminate multi-cables, assemble and build plugs complete. Run quality control on assembled cables then package all quality checked parts for delivery to designated area. Fork lift and over head crane operator
Pros
great job
Cons
fast pace
Just horrible
Sourcing Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAMarch 8, 2018
This was a contract position. The supervisors are really the worst. Take your work and ideas and call them their own and treat everyone under them like straight garbage. Kinda funny how GE is having Accounting and Financial issues, huh?
Pros
GE name
Cons
Backstabbing
Lead Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAMarch 8, 2018
long hours, inconsistent management, very matrix driven with silo'd internal organizations working towards competing matrices. Very strong union with weak disciplinary measures.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
I like my job
MATERIAL SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Roanoke Va.March 8, 2018
It is a good place to work, everyone gets along, It's only four people in the building so everyone has enough space to do there assigned jobs, without inconveniencing any other coworker's. I came to this job totally out of my element but with training and classes (provided by the company) I was quickly acclimated into this new field and now it's like not even considered work in my mind more like a daily routine and that makes for a good work environment.
Pros
Not Stressful, you are trusted to do your job without being Micromanaged.
Cons
Can't wear shorts anymore during the summertime new clothing regualtions.
very high paced and stress full work environment
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, LAMarch 7, 2018
The place was cut-throat and there were no oppurtunities to advance within the company. I had to relocate in order to keep my job and I wasn't willing to do that at the time.
Very good work atmosphere everyone got along !
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Grove City, PAMarch 2, 2018
Good place to work! Hated getting layed off, wanted to work for many more years and retire from there someday. I have 5 year callback rights ,maybe someday I will get called back
GE Transportation
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAMarch 1, 2018
Overall GE was an excellent place to grow your career when I first began. However, over the past 3-5 years, the management and direction of the company has declined. It is currently a toxic environment, as confirmed by many who continue to work there. Yet, there is hope the new top leadership will turn the business around.
Cons
Inexperienced leadership trainees placed in business critical program roles.
a lot of ups and downs
Assembly/material handler (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAFebruary 28, 2018
great place to work but a lot of ups and downs, lay offs, being pushed out of your area because not having enough service. It is a union shop with great benefits.. would go back in a heart beat...
Pros
my own office
Cons
have to wear steeltoe shoe

Want to know more about GE Transportation?

Ask a question
Difficult place to work if you value successes
PRODUCT STRATEGY LEADER (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 26, 2018
You lose a sense of accomplishment working here. You don't ever feel like you are getting anything done, and the customer comes last. You have meetings to plan your next meeting. To make it feel like we are progressing, they come up with a new plan or process to make it feel like progress, but, it just creates more process and less accomplishment
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Management, too many policies, too many processes, too much power struggle
Safety Culture and team work
EHS Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nuevo LeónFebruary 14, 2018
Every day the safety is the most important thing in the company , all the coworkers have this message in your mind and feel that they are take involve with the company policies
Pros
HR Events, trainings
Cons
availability 24 hours
Productive Workplace
Lead Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Waycross, GAFebruary 13, 2018
This job is like many others, some days are fast pace and others can be laid back at slower pace. One thing I have learned from this job it takes every member of the team to make the organization successful. I think the hardest part of my job is being able to except somethings are out of my control. The most enjoyable part of my job is to look in my customer face and seeing satisfaction of a job well done.
great working proactive environment
Technical Director - Rail Infrastructure (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNFebruary 5, 2018
management was awesome. They mentored and led by example on the team's operations and expectations.
Very flexible yet key to make the team and individual targets
Chaotic & Stressful
Senior Technical Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 1, 2018
Lack of processes (shocking), standard practices, horrible or lack of communication that is sending people into a million directions, employees encouraged to over commit which causes consistently missed deliveries.
Pros
People in the transportation industry are truly awesome people
Cons
Micro management at the staff mgmt level, staff mgmt back talking (unwarranted) about teams/individuals, staff mgmt has double standards, MIA staff mgmt...
GE working place
Lead Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 1, 2018
It is good environment work place. The most I like at GE is remote engineering system that you can login internet anywhere in the world and do engineering work such as approve drawings, create specs, etc.
Very fast paced, Multi-tasking required, financial metrics
Senior Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJanuary 31, 2018
As a Program manager I would manage 7-10 projects that were domestic and international projects, within various stages of the product life cycle and could be multiple product lines.

Multi-tasking was a critical component to manage.

Resource allocations for the projects were critical since the Program manager did not own any resources.

Organizational structure was a matrix organization.

Financial and schedule metrics must be met monthly.
Pros
exciting new products, worked with multiple railroad customers
Cons
very financially driven and must be met. No control over resource allocations
Great culture and flexibility
Staff Digital Product Manager/ Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 31, 2018
GE provides a great culture and promotes personal development for your career path. I learned a multitude of professional and business skills that helped me be successful.
When working there it was great
Wire Harness Assembler & Coil Winder Builder (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJanuary 30, 2018
I really enjoyed working with my team one of the best teams I ever worked on. leadership was very good in our department. i will not comment on other Departments not my business.
Poorly run by upper management
Welder/Fitter/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJanuary 27, 2018
Upper management couldn't keep a parts schedule, so production would be slow or stop. Floor workers would be blamed, which caused stress, but you can't build without material.
Pros
Good pay and benefits.
Cons
Upper management not realistic with expectations.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GE Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.9InHerSight Score

3.7Personal Development

4.2Career Opportunities

4.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight