GM Financial Employee Reviews

Productive and fun work place
Lead Analyst-Programmer/developer (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXFebruary 15, 2019
Productive and fun work place. I worked there for 13 years. I worked nine hour days and learned a lot about finance. Hardest part was giving up programming for TIBCO. I loved programming.
Best Place I ever worked.
Credit Review Analyst II / Auto Finance Fraud (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 4, 2019
Great leadership. Young workforce. Great environment. More than fair pay. Flexible work schedule within reason. Open to one taking their PTO. Excellent benefits
Pros
flexible work schedule within reason
Wonderful job
Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJanuary 24, 2019
Unfortunately, Americredit (GM Financial) suffered from the economy crash in 2008 and all the employees in my office were laid off. Up until that point, we were one of the top profitable branches in the company and we had a great team.
I worked in several departments and my experience varied by department
Business Solutions Developer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 23, 2019
In some departments there seemed to be a "good old boy" culture. Those not "in" had difficulty finding opportunities for growth. However, the final team I worked in was very close-knit and mutually supportive. I really enjoyed the team and the manager I worked for.
Loved working here
Risk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 20, 2019
I loved working here! If the pay is good and the job grade level is fair then you'll never want to leave. It takes a long time to promote through the department, which slows salary increases and is the reason people ever leave. Otherwise, they would leave less (in my opinion).
fun place to work
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 20, 2019
gm financial was an amazing experience employees and management showed lots of love and was very consistent with the hours. things went well with gm financial
Pros
great environment and fun loving people
Cons
wasnt any
Call Center Work
GM (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJanuary 15, 2019
You are working in an outbound and inbound call center environment dealing with customer service issues. With the level of stress working with the general public can bring, there are other factors involved with day to day functions: compliance, policies, procedures, and of course expectations.
Production
LEASING SERVICING ACCOUNT REPRESENTATIVE II (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 7, 2019
GM was a fun place to work. The environment was very staff friendly. We had monthly goals that we met and exceeded on as a team. GM has events for the company to enjoy.
Very fun place to work.
GM (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 6, 2019
I enjoyed working for GM Financial previously AmeriCredit Financial Services. I worked a lot of overtime with good pay. However I chose to go to another lender for more opportunities.
Pros
Good working environment.
Cons
Pay was too low.
Great Job
Customer Account Representative 1 Collections (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 3, 2019
Great Job, great work place. Easy to move up. Everyone is helpful. Holiday pay vacation time are very easy to access and use anytime. And a great company over all.
Pros
Great discounts on GM vehicles
Cons
Work schedules of full time not flexible
strong company
Field Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 2, 2019
Impressive from early AmeriCredit days and to date the GM Financial brand is an impressive financial arm of General Motors since the acquisition a few years ago.
Pros
great culture
Years of stability for employees has unintended consequencs.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 1, 2019
Many employees have over 15 years there. This leads to stagnation and lack of drive for innovation. Management is easily fooled by the "Outside Expert" that they bring in as a consultant but pays little attention to inside experts until their ideas are confirmed by these consultants. The reason for this is a lack of experience that many of the management have due to not having exposure to the way things are done by other companies.
Pros
Reasonable when it comes to work schedules
Cons
Still believe open work environments are more productive.
Competitive and fast paced
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Huntersville, NCDecember 19, 2018
This is a good job to have for someone who is mature. I would not recommend this job to a young person just out of school. They are very strict. Individual performance means everything. Management does go over goals and team performance every month. We do receive quarterly bonuses based on performance. They have a strict attendance policy that affects your raise. The company is stable enough to feel secure in your job but if you are offered another job for better pay, I would accept the offer. I would say their main problem is the hourly salary they offer. Most of the people who work their can not afford to live in the area that they work because the cost of living and have at least a 30 minute commute. They pay less than their competitors in the industry.
Pros
quarterly bonuses and benefits
Cons
hourly wage and management
Great Job
Collector (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXDecember 19, 2018
On a typical day I would contact customers in regards to their delinquent auto loan to bring the accounts current or submit requests for extensions for customers.
Worst mistake coming here
Customer Account Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 16, 2018
I relocated from the Arlington location to San Antonio location with a highl recommendation
What a big mistake
Worst descsion of my life
Seeing as how this is a new site you would think they’d value seniority and experience within the company but I was fired without even a chance to speak in the meeting
My team was not a team and the leadership is a joke
They amenities there are the best thing along with the pay. It’s an easy job just don’t trust everything you see and hear.
Pros
Nice building with Free gym
Cons
Poor leadership
funding specialist
FUNDING SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXDecember 8, 2018
This place is fast paced. It is hard to advance when there is always someone ahead of you. it can be cutthroat--sink or swim???? the benefits are fine.
Pros
salary
benefits
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZDecember 6, 2018
My experience working at GM was awesome. They pay pretty good starting out if you have no experience in a call center. I definitely recommend working here.
Very Productive and fun work place with ping pong table
Customer Account Representative II (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 6, 2018
Very Productive and fun work place with ping pong table and lots of other games , Super Colorful Cafeteria with great / healthy food , Super Dope Out Door Deck
Pros
Bonus / Schedule / incentive pay
Cons
Non
If all you want is JOB..
Customer Account Representative 2 (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCDecember 6, 2018
I’ve worked there for 2 years... they got a new system implemented that hasn’t worked from the moment they installed to now... Makes the job so much more stressful. Your basically doing the same thing everyday leaving messages all day long and constantly being made felt like things the system has messed up is your fault.. Bonuses have become almost nothing compared to what we use to getbut they claim we’re doing “so well” and they have all this excess money but none of it goes to us.. and don’t expect a good annual raise that won’t be happening.. and expect work 11-8pm two days out the week and one saturday a month 9-1... The only really good things is the reps around you, not the managers and and some avps. You don’t accrue much sick time so i hope you and your kids don’t get sick often.. and you accrue about 3 hours a check of pto.. and it stays that way until you’re there for 5 years... the job overall could be fun, easy and simple but that’s what happens when upper management is selfish!
Pros
reps
Cons
management, raises, bonuses, accrual time
Dealer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tinton Falls, NJDecember 4, 2018
This was one of my favorite places to work. Friendly, team work and very supportive. Management was very understanding with work and home balance. The benefits offered were great.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GM Financial. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at GM Financial.

Powered by Comparably