GM Financial Employee Reviews

Na
Lease Servicing Account Rep II (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 5, 2018
It is a nice place to work and the people are fun to work with. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for a job. Love the benefits, it a family oriented place
Productive place to work
Account Adjustment Rep (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 3, 2018
a typical day at work was coming in doing my job and keeping up my stats. The company requested mandatory Overtime, however the team I worked for were more of and older crowd with grown children. So the Overtime requested sometimes was for them and not concerning younger employees with children. It was hard to get them to work with the schedule. The company taught me news things with different systems. I must say in all respect that the only way you could really be promoted is to be in good with managers. I seen people with this company for 3+ years and never promoted for positions that they were OVER qualified for. Then there were others that were good friends with the manager and would get these positions and weren't there over one year. It was a great company, but I felt that I couldn't progress to my full potential.
Pros
Free coffee and the building wasn't over crowded
Cons
the mandatory OT became my life and I was at work Mon-Sat
Positive Environment
FUNDING SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 2, 2018
Overall positive environment. Focused on productivity and quality. Management is alright, they definitely try and portray that the culture is amazing. Honestly it feels very cliquey and if you would rather have lunch alone they treat you like you have three heads
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Ineffective management
I’m a job
Bankruptcy Specialist (Current Employee) –  ArJune 21, 2018
St first when I started I thought this was the best move for me... until my 1st day there. I found out I would have a late day that I wasn’t notified about before accepting the position. Where I’m at it’s like you’re in high school all over again. There’s clicks and the department is VERY loud even with people taking calls on the floor. The team leads are not professional and if they don’t like you they target you to getting fired or just making your work day so miserable.
Pros
It’s close to home
Cons
The pay and benefits sucks. And upper management talks about others on the floor.
Production Driven
Senior Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCJune 21, 2018
This company allowed you to have fun in the workplace while also maintaining a work flow balance. It allowed you opportunity for growth and advancement.
review your compensation
FUNDING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 20, 2018
GM has a lot of potential to be a good company to work for. My biggest complaint is the compensation the starting pay offered back in 2016 was $15.00 per is not a lot of money and the bonus incentives were horrible as well.
Pros
employee, family and friends program to purchase a new GM car
Cons
low compensation and poor healthcare benefits
Convenient if you live in the area
Bilingual Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 7, 2018
Gm is a good company to work for the only thing is the benefits are not good you don’t have copays you pay a so called discount price for dr visit but it’s really the full price. You accrue vacay as well as sick time. I feel my role is underpaid. They aren’t organized and systems never work they always freeze. They are very lenient on letting you shift swap with your team members as well as make up time. Very convenient if you leave around the area.
Pros
Ability to shift swap and make up time/lunches
Cons
Benefits /vacation
Total loss clerk
Total Loss Representative III/Repossession Clerk (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 6, 2018
Fast paced environment. Good management and coworkers. Advancement and timely raises for employees. Very flexible place to work with many opportunities to learn other facets of the company.
Love working here
Sr. Administrative Assistant-IT Services (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 5, 2018
Admins work very hard here and are appreciated. The company should make them salary and give them more resources such as vehicles. They use their personal cars and credit cards whenever they need to do anything. Not paid enough for the amount of work they do for the building. Love the employees in the IT department.
Great place to work!
Credit Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 3, 2018
GMF is a great place to work! Very large company that feels like a small one. Provide excellent training and advancement opportunities. Very ethical company

Want to know more about GM Financial?

Ask a question
Temp Job
AP Inquiry Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 1, 2018
This was a temp job. The people due to were a temp did not make you feel like you was part a the team. I did work closely with a couple of the team members and they were great.
Pros
It was close to home
Cons
Temp Job
very nice place
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 1, 2018
This office is a great office to work at; however my salary is not that grade since i got married and i can't afford the cost of living through this job.
Poor management skills
Vendor Compliance Auditor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 30, 2018
Fired from this company because of a personal issue that could not be avoided. Management was aware of the situation and how it limited my ability to travel, they were also provided regular updates as to the status of the personal situation. I did my part as the employee and was thrown away like a bad habit.
Right Out of College
Loss Mitigation Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 29, 2018
It was a great first job but I see no opportunity for quick advancement here for me and I really need more money to sustain...life lol. It's time to part ways with GMF.
Pros
work environment, benefits, events
Cons
hourly pay
It was ok
Lease Customer Service representative II (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 16, 2018
A good job if you like getting berated by customers, ignored by supervisors, not given a chance to correct mistakes, and always looking over your shoulder.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Healthcare
Unethical Leadership
N/A (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 16, 2018
HR leadership is unethical and biased. Mid level management is unqualified and has poor leadership abilities. Managers have faked their skill level and are threatened when qualified people join their team and expose their inadequacies. Inappropriate comments and language by HR leaders is common and accepted. The culture here is demeaning if you intend to actually do your job effectively. Mediocre at best is preferred here so that managers low skill level is not exposed. The culture here is not intended to progress your career or accomplish real success, it's just an illusion and only certain people are chosen to excel and not based on merit or performance, but rather on personal friendly relationships. People only stay because the pay is good and usually run fast after big bonuses are paid. Do not work here if you have integrity and take pride in your work. High turnover company-wide, ask about it during your interview (wish I did).
Pros
Pay
Cons
Unethical culture and terrible, biased leadership
Excellent place to work
Customer Relations Rep (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 15, 2018
GM Financial was the best place Ive ever worked. Management listened and partnered with employees to institute changes as needed in a swift and timely manner. Work /Life balance was great. GM Financial valued their employees and showed that to us often! I would highly reccommend GK Financial to any & everyone. The opportunity for advancement is plentiful.
Pros
Food, crafts, meetings, open door, etc-- Great place to work!
Cons
Cant think of any....hmmmm
Was a good company to work for
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCMay 10, 2018
Enjoyed my time at Americredit. Company was laid back and provided incentives/bonuses. Team managers were nice and not too strict. Would have liked to continue working but unfortunately had to relocate.
Pros
Paid community service, company outings and incentives
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMay 7, 2018
Administration expects a ton from their representatives, however by and large reasonable treatment consequently. Almost no enthusiasm for sustaining ability from inside while wanting to poach from contenders. Little in the method for professional stability and little adaptability as far as occupation area. It's their way or the expressway, however you're given a solid opportunity to succeed.
Make a mistake never recover
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCMay 5, 2018
I felt everyone is trying to make a name for themselves on top of other people’s backs. No one was truly their to help others just themselves. A lot of micromanaging instead of putting faith into the employees to let them do their jobs.
Pros
Monday through Friday schedule
Cons
Micro managing of reps

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.6

2.5Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight