GM Financial
57Below average

GM Financial Employee Reviews

United States633 reviews
Great Place to work. Lots of intelligent people that know the business. Keeps up with the current trends and new processes. Engages self learning tools to help employees learn new processes for job.
I worked for this company for over 6 years. It was the most miserable and stressful time in my entire career. The management is petty and immature. They do not properly coach and mentor employees to be better. And any training you receive is hands on and not formal training. You are constantly under scrutiny and treated like children.

When there are mistakes that cause backlog, you are expected to work late and work Saturdays. They do not care about your family obligations. You are to be afraid of being seen by management talking to your co-workers because that is frowned upon.

This section of GM Financial is not the GM culture. I strongly advise you apply with a different division of GM. The Corporate Treasury Division is extremely flawed and stressful. Please do not join this organization. You will regret it.
Good place to work good benefits , followed up on our progress , management always helpful and friendly , able to grow with the company and always room for advancement
Call center you slave at and don’t get properly recognized for your hard work. You’re micromanaged and replaceable. You’re bound to your desk and have to ask permission to anything. You’re put on a schedule and timed for everything. Even to use the bathroom. Management is a joke and worthless. They claim their is room for “growth” but that’s just how they get you to stick around. Keep your happiness and avoid the hole in the wall of a company. Also, the worst experience ever during this COVID issue. No consideration or sympathy for their EMPLOYEES or CUSTOMERS.
Great Environment. Fun and very laid back. I worked there for 2 years and was promoted within to an Analyst. Great opportunities and room for improvement.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
No one knows what they are doing . Policies constantly changed but is not communicated with everyone on the floor. We are not paid enough for what we do
Working for this company I had a great work life balance. The company also had good benefits. If you work hard you have good chance to get promoted. Also good bonus.
Great place to work. I enjoyed leadership and employees. greatly I was laid off due to covid. I would like to return once the economy recovers. excellent pay and benefits.
Company is catching up in the lease disposal. Systems and processes have not caught up with volume of work. People work hard and company is attentive to employee needs
Pros
free coffee
Cons
employees not very friendly
Absolutely hands down the best company to work for from the jump the company invest in you as an employee they care about their employees the management is on the same page they have meetings and listen to our concerns and comments I wish I would have never take them from granted
Find your fit in the best role for you, you will enjoy working at GM Financial. There is room for advancement and development/growth and it treats its people well.
I love my job been here 5 years love collecting and working with people and help solving problems and giving customers options for helping them overcome their delinquency
Outstanding leadership team. Clear vision! Invest not only in innovation but also in development of people. Great place to excell with support along your path to success.
Employees work well together, many different departments that you could work in, not many opportunities in moving up within the company. Benefits are good.
Great experience with a close-knit team and dynamic leadership. Unique and ever-changing work activities. Frequent interactions across departments and with upper-management.
This may be a good company overall but not if you are working in Brookfeild WI location. Worse managers, worse management style, Manager thinks about himself they dont care of their employees no retention. Wish have never worked for them.
Favoritism is so rampant and an integral part of the overall culture, knowledge, education, or willingness to work hard does not count.

It is discouraging to see that it is mostly about who you are friends with rather than promoting on the basis of the criteria I have listed above.
Great company to work for I would highly recommend. Place for growth and knowledge. All staff are a pleasure to work with. What a joy to work for this company
They’ll lie and tell you there’s lots of room for advancement There is...if you brown nose or you’re willing to relocate to DFW. Other than that, you’ll work hard and get nowhere. The management is clueless, most of them got where they are by being favorites and don’t know their jobs. They’re not leaders, just managers. GM Financial comes first, your family life comes second
Worse place to work, TL and AVP were races and have favoritisms and if you’re bilingual they treat you worse and don’t give you an opportunity to growth
A great place to work. low pay for amount of work that is required. Low bonus pay. Easy to advance. Great mentorships for training, if needed. They keep you moving back and forth on customer servide vs high profit. Request for you performing as a Call center employee vs very high pressure and heavy workloads. Very challenging. Happy workplace atmosphere.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at GM Financial. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
2.9Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
2.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight