GA FOODS Employee Reviews

Horrible !
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 18, 2019
Collect information and spam you .this company does not have room for growth. There needs to be room for advancement and Upper level management to exhale. This company has potential but the spam you and do not consider the small people
Pros
Cons
Horrible iffy company
My expierence
Warehouse/Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLApril 5, 2019
Loved working there until new management stepped in. At times I felt my job was always on the line regardless even though I did my job correctly and thoroughly. Just felt very uneasy and uncomfortable. Also was a lack of organization as far as job responsibility and pay compensation for those responsibilities. Other then that I liked my coworkers and over all job! Wish I was there still, but unfortunately had to move on.
Good company
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  St Petersburg Beach, FLApril 4, 2019
I love them. They really work with you when its comes to family ,they are willing work with you because they understand stuff happens. The pay is okay with it could have been better
The Management did not know how to run it and to big headed to learn
Supervisor/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  St Pete, FLJanuary 2, 2019
Very poor Management and the leadership very cutthroat will try and make you look bad just to make there own self look good very prejudice, they have many complaints with the eoc against them the food is horrible as well but all in all it used to be a good company to work for when the owners ran it
Pros
free lunch
Cons
poor management
Good job just some managers have no idea how to do there job
Packer (Current Employee) –  Guntersville, ALOctober 27, 2018
I am working here love the job. Just dont like the fact that my manager does not know how to run our shift. And does not think she has to work at all.
Pros
Its a job, u can get insurance
Cons
Short breaks, no drink machine, told 10.00 a hour & its 8.75, to much work for that pay
Disappointing
Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLOctober 9, 2018
I worked at the Fort Myers location and couldn't be more disappointed with the management from top to bottom! They DO NOT care about you. Believe me, you Do Not want to work here. You will HATE it!!!
Pros
On route by yourself for most of day
Cons
Everything else
It is what it is; it pays the bills but I don't want to stay here for long.
Full Time Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 13, 2018
I don't think I would mind working there as much as I do if the organization was better and the management was more consistent.

The staff is very diverse, and I can go by my preferred name and pronouns w/o feeling judged.

My main issue with working there is that the on the job training isn't standard, the people training you don't get paid extra to train you and no one really knows if they were trained properly. There is no accountability.
Pros
Free lunches, paid 15s, good benifits
Cons
no real standard in training
Excellent work/life balance
Contract and Compliance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FL 33716September 2, 2018
I learned so much working at G A foods. So many amazing, talented, and ridiculously smart individuals. Good starting point for a career. CEO is the most down to earth individual I've ever met. My supervisor and the CFO were the most smartest individuals I've ever met.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
Benefits could be more competitive
Poor management
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Clearwater FLAugust 9, 2018
They let any one be a supervisor.Even without proper qualifications.You can even get written up for any reason.Start time for a forklift driver is 6 a. m. And you never know what time you're getting out. they also expect you to help deliver products for other lines as well as trying to keep up with your line including to but not limited to going in the cooler and also the freezer for other lines.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor management.a lot of drug addicts.
Very fast paced needs better support from corporate
Loader/Driver (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 8, 2018
Very fast paced, timed performance requirements. There is a lack of corporate office mostly left at local level which con be challenge at times most workmates were all part time.
extreme no no
Food Packager (Former Employee) –  St Petersburg Beach, FLMay 9, 2018
if u like being freezing cold for long periods of time and slicing boxes and packaging food this is the job for u i wouldnt recommend this job to no one
Growing Company in Need of Fresh Talent
Accountant (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLApril 25, 2018
GA Foods is an interesting company to work for. It started as a small business in the 1970s, and grew slowly for a long time. A few years ago, the senior management of the company changed and the organization has undergone a significant transformation - a lot of "out with the old, in with the new" has happened. Many of the people who started the company have retired or are about to, and critical positions are needing to be filled. The company has also seen significant growth in just the past few years, so it needs GOOD people to work there. It is now a mid-sized company going through the growing pains of becoming a large company. There is plenty of work to do. So if you enjoy a challenge, are willing to work hard, want to influence the company culture, and be your own CEO, this is a good place to work. Hard work does get recognized, and GAF compensates their talented employees as fairly as they can. If you are talented, you will be offered a promotion as long as the right people notice.
Pros
Opportunity, free lunch, flexible schedule, culture
Cons
No 401k match, no PPO health insurance plan, no windows in most offices
Official response from GA FOODS
May 9, 2018

Please note, GA Foods does offer a PPO health insurance plan, as well as Dental PPO in its selection of Cafeteria plan benefits.

Fast-paced and energizing workplace with amazing co-workers, One Team!
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLApril 25, 2018
GA Foods offers challenging positions with high-reward. I joined this company in hopes that my hard-work would be recognized and that I would help to contribute to an amazing cause - both are true! I love what I do, who I work with, and the fact that my job touches lives of those in need every day. Company values are lived out and employee engagement activities and company benefits are on the rise.

Free lunches
Employee events
LOTS of giveaways (including cash)
Bonus incentives for almost every position
Pros
Free lunches, Employee events, LOTS of giveaways (including cash), Bonus incentives for almost every position, Company culture
Cons
Low PTO benefit
• Developed production lines for Total Meals Systems, including equipment selection and set-ups.
Canning Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLMarch 20, 2018
GA Foods is a specialized maker of highly nutritious meals serving the unique nutritional needs of healthcare patients, seniors, children, the military, and emergency responders to disasters. At GA Foods, they are focused on two things: nourishing those in need and delivering assistance where and when it is needed. Our mission, simply stated, is Nourishment. Delivered
You’re just another number
Anon (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 6, 2018
Toxic and hostile work environment that leaves employees and temporary labor alike feeling overworked, overwhelmed and underpaid. Loyalty, drive and commitment are not rewarded in any capacity except with an ‘atta boy’ and a pat on the back. Senior leaders are focused on their ultra Conservative clique and only look out for themselves and their prized pets who spend their days goofing off. Senior leadership receives six figure bonuses on a regular basis while manufacturing and production staff are paid poorly and treated worse. Very upstairs-downstairs culture between office and plant staff. If you are not interested in working 10-16 hours per day, often including weekends with blackouts for time off during the summer lunch program and emergency (hurricane) production, I would not recommend this place unless you have no other choice.
Pros
Free lunch but 9.8 times out of 10 it’s disgusting
Cons
Health insurance, dental insurance does not cover major procedures until after a year, no 401k program
Official response from GA FOODS
May 2, 2018

There are times when we are called upon by emergency management agencies, or other customers for surge/seasonal business, that require us to go above and beyond to meet the needs of providing the support (food products) that is so needed by at-risk populations and/or disaster victims. All employees, at all levels of the organization, recognize it is our duty and responsibility to step up during those times, sometimes enduring long work days and even weekends to meet the need. This was the case with the unprecedented hurricane season of 2017, with storms Harvey, Irma and Maria adversely impacting the lives of so many. Knowing you have made a difference in helping others when they need it most, leaves you with a sense of gratitude and accomplishment that is rewarding of itself.

Great Culture
LINE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 1, 2018
I had the privilege of working with some of the executives in the company and they we are super nice, helpful, and great to work for. We prepared FEMA meals for hurricane disaster relief and it was such a pleasure to help out fellow Americans and PR.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no AC
Productive and fun
Production and Assembly (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 2, 2017
Cool job culture, the management was an A+ and loved the hours. In all I love a fast steady paste at any job I'll get work done. Perfect attendance never missed a day.
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 27, 2017
• Take orders from superiors regarding shipment packing activities
• Prepare orders according to instructions in time for delivery and / or pickup
• Pick items from storage areas and deliver them to the delivery pallet
• Ensure that all items are checked for damage or inconsistencies
Always busy
Frozen Packer (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 27, 2017
I like it better than any job I've had. The atmoshpere is great. Supervisor are very understanding and they get the job done. Everyone is very outgoing as well.
Pros
You can get ahead fairly
Cons
Good breaks
Assembly line work
Temp Line Worker/ Assembly Line (Former Employee) –  Covington, GANovember 20, 2017
Was without a doubt the hardest job I ever worked. I would take management or administrative work over this job any day. No room for error, seen an entire line get fired for one or two people slowing production. They hired everyone who walked up there and this resulted in a lot of work with sketchy characters and a lot of lazy people who just wanted to get paid, not work. It was a temp job, a rush to get help for a government contract with FEMA. You didn't have to work any more days than you wanted and they didn't mind. The turnover rate was really high. I never even learned the names of my managers. By the end of the day between half and three fourths of the people who originally started were left.

They did offer bonuses and incentives oftentimes. Paid decently too.
Pros
Whork whenever, bonuses, decent pay
Cons
temporary, very hard work, questionable people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GA FOODS. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at GA FOODS.

Powered by Comparably