Gabe*s

Gabe*s Employee Reviews

It’s a job
It’s my part time job , there is a lot of work to get done between the associates and management team . There are meeting , everyone is not on the same page , a lot of training needs to get done and the store will progress. Security is a must.
Wide variety of items. Very good prices
I love my job at Gabes. I wish the hourly wage was more than 8.50 an hour. I would like to have more hours. But untill that happens, I'm hanging in there.
Pay rate
Overall. Not enough pay go employee not very organized merchandise not displayed properly. People can't find items there looking for. Department employee can't assist customers can't be located at times no encouragement from managerial staff
Flexible scheduling
The best team I had been with. Been working there for awhile and they have a friendly environment and great managers. Gabe's has given me the opportunities I've appreciated.
Good temp job while looking for other work.
Worked here for a few months, ended up working four hours for three days a week and them expecting me to do the work of someone working eight hours, pretty good management though.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Different from when first started employment
No appreciation, smallest raise they can give you. Expect you to do the work of 2+ employees. Very "corporate ran" in the last few years. Very little hrs weekly to be divided up. Prices went up on products and stores are always cluttered
Pros
Discount, paid time off for loss of family member, employee parties when sales are good ect
Miss it
I worked for Gabes for almost 7 years. I was promoted several times until I was a store manager. Loved my stores and my job. I left to pursue another opportunity but I wish I would have stayed. Was one of my best working environments.
Management does nothing to improve in moving up the ladder and they’re very unfair in distinguishing pay scales among employees. The store is so unorganized and it’s so difficult to get assistance when needed
Cashier
While working at Gabe’s, I learned alot about customer service. Whenever a customer would come in dissatisfied with the product, we would always figure out the problem and give them a refund. Sometimes people would get extremely upset about a product and I learned how to have patience with everyone and help in any way that I could.
not a good place to work for
Management is not good. Nothing is organized. They do not follow the law on breaks, as I would work more than 8 hour shifts and only get one 30 min break I worked a few 10.5 hour days and still only got ONE thirty min break. Too much gossip with managers and workers.
Review
Wokring for gabes taught me patience since working retail is not a easy task. I learned new departments and how to upsell dirrent merchadise according to seasons of the year
Worker
Great place to work. Family oriented staff. Always striving to please customers and put them first. Flexible with schedules. Job security is sustainable.
Overwelming, Toxic, Poor Managment, So-So Benefits, Could have been better..
Gabes was an interesting company to work for. I could honestly write a book. It would be far too long and quite repetitive and boring actually. However, my review may be too. I will summarize by chapters for convenience and easy understanding.
I will warn you. This will still be long. Feel free to skip or skimmer through.

Most of the beginning is the negatives. It's nice to vent!

(Grammar and punctuation will have errors as this is to vent and needs to be put behind me). I'm not wasting any more of my life regarding this company or the people. This is an honest and unbiased review. Take it with a grain of salt.

Chapter 1- Management

Chapter 2- Coworkers

Chapter 3- Customers

Chapter 4- Benefits

Chapter 5- Other store issues

Chapter 6- The good

Chapter 7-Epilogue

Chapter 1- Management

Uppermanagnent/management gets a ⅖ for the following reasons:

Unprofessional

Lack of empathy

Petty and immature

Untrustworthy

Demeaning

Hypocrites on Gabes own core values

Few managers possessed...

Commitment

Empathy

Charisma

Managerial competence!

Confidence

Upper management and store management had some of the worst human beings I have met in my life. Instead of cleaning house in our store, clean house needs to be done at the top and work its way down.

There was a manager who talked down about everyone, as though they were the best at everything when they clearly were not. To put another manager down and mingle with associates while putting them down is wrong and unprofessional. A manager who would belittle others and lie constantly; about me and EVERYONE
 - more...
Easy work
When I first began this job I was so excited to start my official first job. Once days past I realized that I was not being treated how I should have been getting treated.The management was really bad and they did not have very good communication skills.
Pros
Assessable, on a bus line, and nice co-workers
Cons
Didnt have good management.
Fun and friendly work environment
The job can be either slow paced or fast pace but it's always a joy to go to work. Its hard to find a job you actually enjoy waking up in the morning to go to and this is one of those jobs. I like being there because of the people I work with and the management is so nice and lenient and everyone cares about each other there.
Hard work
Hard work with little pay off. Rare bonuses if ever, even when all metrics are positive. No work life balance. All work, all the time, salary managers do it all
Full time material handlers
Very friendly busy working environment. Get to lift and price merchandise and learn how to sort and count merchandise after recieving from the vendors get product ready to be priced and sent out to stores.
good place to work
customers love the prices and quality of all merchandise
I learn a lot from customer who used to come almos twice a week they love the store and the prices were awesome

I would definitely recommend this store to anyone on a budget specially if you have a large family.
Good
Good. I enjoyed working there. Made friends and had my first retail job there. The managers are nice, always checking on you to see if your ok and if you need help.
Loved my co workers and management team!
I would work with these amazing team members all over again if I were to move back. The management team cares about their crew full forced, the share encouragement, boost confidence in job performance and are an all around family there. I would encourage anyone starting a new job or getting back into the work environment to start here.
I quit cuz of a situation that I got blamed for but it was something that I did not do and they embarrassed me in front of everyone & it hurt me alot!