Gabe*s
62Average

Gabe*s Employee Reviews in Fredericksburg, VA

Flexible scheduling
The best team I had been with. Been working there for awhile and they have a friendly environment and great managers. Gabe's has given me the opportunities I've appreciated.
It’s and okay job
It wasn’t bad it just was great. I throughly enjoyed and loved my job here but not for the pay. Retail a d fashion is my passion. I enjoyed the customer service and feeling like you made a difference helping someone find something they’ve been looking for. I loved my discount. Hated the pay. Hated not enough hours. Need more people doing recovery. Need more employees signed to each department. Pay needs to increase in order to keep employees.

Pay needs to increase
Pros
Customer interaction, being the first to see the new merchandise
Cons
$9 an hour
Fun place to work
If you like to organize and clean this is the job for you. Customers and employees are friendly. The hardest part of the job is the constant folding and hanging up the clothes.
Depends how the person perceives the job but to me(and several others) it was a waste of time
I loved Gabe's (back in the day 2017 to early 2018) , management was great, friendly and understanding. The store was probably at its best then. Now since I came back, there is nothing but lies, deception and racial profiling. Management lies and gives false hope for advancement in the company. No one has respect for anyone and there is SO much favoritism in the company. If they like you, they'll treat you kindly. If not, then your'e just garbage to them. They expect you to pick up the slack of others and above that, they dont pay you anything close to what you should be. I've seen some of the best and long-term employees leave due such problems. It is very saddening to see this place go downhill so fast. Many people come and go now due to such treatment, so be cautious of who you befriend in the company.
Pros
The customers are the absolute reason to keep coming back, few good employees
Cons
poor pay, awful management, no advancement opportunities, lies and racial profiling, cut hours
Fast paced and fun
Coming into work was fun. The employees were great. Management not so much. Certain managers were very rude and unprofessional. The staff was very diverse.
Cons
Short breaks
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Decent pay
Cashier is fast paced, sale floor is rough because your constantly cleaning up and trying to put new merchandise out on floor, sometimes it's very short staffed and you know it will be a long day sales associates can sometimes have two or 3 departments to keep track of by themselves.
Pros
Pay, discount, super cheap finds
Cons
Never get a raise, ac doesn't work, or the heat
Fun, Busy, Projects.
The most enjoyable part of this job is walking in and seeing the customers, greeting them that is my favorite part! The hardest part is trying not to have a ball when your suppose to be doing a task. Management is wonderful always cheery and very helpful. everyday was a informative day i would always learn new things. With the employees or the customers. Everyday it was something different.
Pros
Benfits
Cons
short breaks
Busy, busy, busy
I was responsible for all aspects of the customer service experience. I monitored the maintenance crew, fitting room staff, and cashiers. I had to ensure that we were meeting customer service standards. I greeted and spoke with customers to ensure they were having a great experience in our store. I was able to sharpen my customer service skills. I loved my co-workers. They were a hard working staff. The hardest part of my job was dealing with the irate customers. My favorite part was turning irate customers into satisfied customers.
Pros
Great co-workers, always busy
Cons
The hours and everchanging shedules