Gabe*s
63Average

Gabe*s Employee Reviews for Fashion Show Manager

Loved IT!
My most enjoyable work experience happened at Gabe's! I loved it! There was an opportunity to travel monthly to open up new stores! Everything was paid for as far as food, gas and housing while traveling. I went to roughly 4-5 different states to set up and open stores for about one to two weeks each time! It was very easy to move up in the company and your name gets out there pretty quickly! I really loved working for them!
Review
Wokring for gabes taught me patience since working retail is not a easy task. I learned new departments and how to upsell dirrent merchadise according to seasons of the year
Not a good place to work!
The management treats employees differently favors the one who suck up to them. The management can't handle employees who may offer different opinions or religion....!!!! The last manager I had would lie!!!
Ok company
Worked with this company for a year and it's like they didn't want me to progress. But they did have me touch every department which made me a great Merch leader
Just don’t
Do yourself a favor and skip this job. I have never had someone talk down to me so much in my life. There are a lot of people there that are related so those will be the ones that move up in the company. Just don’t do it. I don’t have room for all of the reasons. If you do want to try it out, work nights.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
This place
OMG where do I begin...I was told that I'm more of a team member rather than a member of mgmt....when I asked for examples the CESM (or whatever she is) said that I laugh with my mouth wide open & I would say "who does that" & "your doing too much" correct me if I'm wrong but my laughing has nothing to do with the question that I asked...I was disrespected and belittled by another member of mgmt in front of employees and nothing was ever done about it....even after I complained to upper mgmt. no apology... no nothing...but this company doesn't tolerate bullying ...yeah okay !!! That kind of treatment was/is unacceptable & unprofessional & it created disharmony in the workplace!!!
we were team players
i had one of the best bosses. He was always willing to teach you or help you in any way, from time off to helping become a better person.. a very understanding man. Very knowledgeable person. Never miss anything.
Good place to hang with friends
Management is a joke. They have their favorites that they turn a blind eye to anything they do that goes against company policy. New employees get more hours than senior employees UNTIL the newness wears off. If you have an opinion you can bet your hours will be cut to 5 or less a week. This is done to get employees to quit instead of firing them. Cashiers are threatened to be replaced or hours cut if they don't push enough rewards cards. Position for cashiers is always open. The store is always a mess the bathrooms smell and always out of order. If you want management you can ALWAYS find them in the breakroom, bathroom or office on their phone. One manager stated" If I like you, I will let you get by with anything! If I don't I will rat you out! Managers congratulate each other when someone quits that didn't fit in their clique.
LP is told to watch employees instead of customers! The main manager says all LP is good for is sitting and eating. Not a place to work if you are supporting a family.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Gabe*s?
It was a good job experience
I love working there but I wish I got paid more. I love everyone there and the managers are amazing and nice. When I worked there their was a lot of rude customers.
work
its a nice place to work if you are in school and need a part time job or love to deal with customer's really enjoy the brands that the bring to the store
It was s fun work environment most of the staff is friendly and helpful the pay was ok and I love the fact that it is a discounted store with great merchandise.
Great management
The Gabe*s I worked at had great management who always cared for employees. Hard working employees can be promoted. The work culture was also good and everyone would tend to get along.
Mixed feelings
I opened up the store and grew to love the people I worked with over the past 3 years. As a part time associate it was easy and I was given little projects to keep me interested. When I became full time it was alright. I was given the biggest department, mens and kids. I also had to do basics. All of this by myself. I was told for months that they were going to find someone to help me. Never happened. Only when I broke down crying from stress is when managers stepped in to help until I was caught up again. So much stress and expectations for 1 person. I even helped out in other departments where I was needed. I felt like I couldn't show my full potential in such a large department. I had to sacrifice something every day. Men's one day, kids another, basics another, and cleaning/organizing another. Whereas smaller departments could do their whole area in a day or 2 and it'll look amazing. I left because I was stressed out and some personal things came up that required me to spend a few weeks only able to work part time. I was immediately demoted. Funny because a manager got to take a whole month off without jeopardizing her management position. One of the F.C's boy friends was being trained by her in my department after that. Conflict of interest for one and she doesn't know the layout of my department for him to actually understand where everything goes. Plus those 2 and a few others are always on their phones when it's strictly forbidden on the sales floor. If I break a code I get called out. Nobody else. Playing favorites. Also understaffed and the part timers dont care about - more...
Pros
Some co workers. Creative freedom
Cons
Some management issues, stressful, overworked
Enjoyable working environment
The workplace culture is one of the best I have ever had. I felt comfortable going to upper management and knew that I would be listened to and my opinions would be taken into account for decisions made in our store. Overall, this is the best company I have had the pleasure of working for.
Negative negative negative
The GM is WAY too passive. The CSEM and MM ruin that place. They have set multiple employees up for failure. You can't go to them for support, help, questions, etc. If you have any self-respect, you need not apply.
Terrible management with no room for advancement
This store is great if you love being overworked and underappreciated. The store manager tries to run the store on as little employees as she can, which results in everyone running around like headless chickens, without so much as a thank you.
I was hired as a fashion coordinator, but spent most of my time as a backup cashier (which I was not informed was a responsibility when I was hired) and consequently I was unable to finish my work.
Pros
daytime schedule
Cons
no benefits until after a year, management is not understanding, no job security
The job was a good job.
I met some great people working with this company. Some of them really help me out when I first started there and grew to be great people at work and outside of work. I also grew a few customers that loved me and always came back for my help.
Fashion Coordinator
When I was hired we had a great gm then she left. The new gm is the worse I was injured on the job and she would not comply with my two drs orders. She removed me from full time to part time because I was unable to do four days in a row,
Pros
Cons
time off
Kind co workers and fun ti work for.
I grade it a c to work there . Great Co worker's but aren't guaranteed hours if business isn't good. Start off at minimum wage and gotta work yourself up if you want competitive wages.
Pros
Discount on merchandise
Cons
No benefits
Fun at first
Was with them from opening. Management slowly got worse and high turnover rate. Nobody enjoys their place there, everyone is expected to do the jobs of two or more people on 4-7hr shifts. Constant schedule change after being promised a set schedule. Lied to daily and nothing was ever good enough!
Pros
Easy job, anyone can get hired
Cons
Managment, lies, too many changes in policy
visual merchandising, time management
My job at gabes deals with a lot of time management. I have a lot to get done in 8 hrs. I am in charge of pushing all the product to the floor, signing the racks keeping the floor clean and colorized and also keep the visuals full and merchandised. its my job to stay updated in the latest fashions and brands. This job is a lot of work but it is my passion and what i love to do.