Gadsden Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

It's an okay job
Admitting Registrar (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALApril 5, 2019
I have a lot to say about this place so I apologize for the length of this. Moved to Gadsden from another city and took less money than I was making before because I was ready to get out of my hometown. Big mistake. I was hired for 7 on 7 off, 12 hour shifts. Originally not bad. I could handle that. I was there for less than a month. Had a scheduling conflict and asked a coworker if they wouldn't mind swapping for that one day. Said they would do it if I would also swap on another day (which was a little short noticed but I didn't want this to effect not getting the day I needed off so I did it). Found out a few days later that on the day this person was supposed to work for me that they called just about everyone else trying to give that shift away. Okay, not my problem anymore, but why agree to take someone's shift if you're going to try to give it away?
Due to all this, my 7 off days turned to six (again, not a huge deal), then turned to five (there was a "class" I was "required" to attend for an hour), and while an hour out of my off day isn't terrible, it's my off day and I'd rather not go into work. Period. Unless it's some kind of emergency. Five off days turned into four, then three, for some other required training (7 hours total was the requirement for this training) which basically was just me sitting there waiting for something to happen so I could actually learn something. I reached the end of my 7 hours of this training feeling like I didn't learn anything and went home. My last Monday and Tuesday off (I went out of town on that Monday) I got a text from my supervisor
  more... telling me I needed to come back on one of my off days to do more of that training. Needless to say, I didn't respond, nor did I show up (eventually I did text back but it was to tell them I found something else and wouldn't be returning to work there). It's not my fault that nothing happened during that 7 hour training. So don't tell me I need to go back to train when there's a good chance I'll sit there twiddling my thumbs again.
Last thing I'll say is this: The pay was terrible. As I said in the beginning of this review, I took less money than my previous job. THIS JOB DOES NOT PAY YOU ENOUGH FOR THE WORK THAT IS THROWN AT YOU. While you are trying to do one job, the phone is ringing and it's someone from upstairs wanting you to do something else. Then when you're in the middle of that AND what you were doing prior something else comes up.
Maybe it's just me but the whole job was entirely too much stress for not enough pay.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Low pay, schedule
Managers need to be fired
Surgery transport (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALMarch 26, 2019
Not a good place to work and not a good place to be a patient . Food is awful and nurses rather chat about what they did last night instead of listening to patients
Pros
Not one thing
Cons
To much to list
helping people
house keeping / trash tec (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALMarch 18, 2019
cleaning the rooms was not heard at all the team i worked with was vary skilled and helped me advance in my own training. sanitize buff and shine ...
Pros
good flexible hours
Cons
can be slow paced
Poor Management and not enough hours
LPN (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALMarch 4, 2019
Occupational Health Clinic is terrible! Manager is awful.She sends you home with no hours! Go broke working here.Manager does not know what shes doing
Pros
Liked the HR department and the patients
Cons
Not enough hours, management is horrible, Lied to by Manager
fast paced and great learning experience
Sterile Processing Tech (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALFebruary 11, 2019
I loved and enjoyed returning to my shift everyday. It seems as if I learned something new and exciting everyday.

Our Dept. lost many employees before me, during my time there and even after I left due to poor management.

It was very heart breaking for me to leave but the drama was just too much for even the best kind of person.
Loved the people I worked with
Security Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALJanuary 4, 2019
The people I worked with were very close and we are still close to this day. Nothing makes a job better than having friends all over the hospital. For me the people are what made the job.
under construction
ADMITTING REGISTRAR (Current Employee) –  Gadsden, ALDecember 20, 2018
staff is unfriendly
short-staffed
overworked staff
underpaid
CEO attempting to change the culture but has not been as successful as anyone would have liked
constant conflict amongst the staff
Disappointed
Business (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALNovember 16, 2018
This place should come with a warning sign and a check list of all the things you don’t want in a job. Favoritism(check), low pay(check), awful benefits(check), no pay raises(check), people promoted and given a raise that have no previous experience in the position they applied for and got(check).... I could go on and on. Just do yourself a favor and don’t waste your time. This place is a revolving door.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, bad benefits, favoritism
Stressful and Very Micromanaged
Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Gadsden, ALNovember 13, 2018
They are so extreme about clocking in and out on time. The only time in my life I've been wrote up is here because I clocked in 2 minutes late because i was getting a wheelchair for a patient in the lobby on my way to the time-clock. Even after i explained... it was pushed aside and i was not even noticed for helping a patient. It was ridiculous. And the department is so micromanaged that some days it's hard to breath. I rarely get to work on what I have in goal that morning when i come in to work. The hardest part of this job is reacting to coworkers and their personality differences and trying hard to stay away from the drama. Manager does not stay on top of paperwork for example when people request off to work a Saturday and then on the day off we get messages asking where we are because she has not gone through the pile of paperwork on the desk... just basic unnecessary acts and behaviors that come across as rude and careless. Most of the work day revolves around doing other peoples work so they are happy and hopefully will stop hovering so you can concentrate on other duties. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I get to leave the office and then the weight seems to lift off my shoulders and I can breath. The CEO is a wonderful person and I believe with time, ultimately will drastically improve this workplace.
Pros
Fair Pay
Cons
Micromanagement
They don’t care about your license
RN (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALNovember 10, 2018
Management bullies you into taking an unsafe number of patients, 8 typically, regardless of acuity and I mean patients on heparin and telemetry. Lab will back time results that are timed studies which effects medications. High turnover rate. Insurance is expensive and doesn’t cover much. Management won’t even interview most candidates. They don’t care about employees. It’s sad to work for a hospital and if you were to have something happen you’d refuse to even let the doctors there treat you. I’ve watched them send patients to the floor who were unstable just to get them out of the ER. Insurance sucks and doesn’t cover much to be so expensive. Pay isn’t competitive. Base pay at a competing local hospital is more than the night shift with differential at GRMC.
Pros
Local
Cons
Poor care, management, benefits, rude staff
Beware
Business (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALNovember 6, 2018
They do not pay adequately for what they have you doing. If someone quits, they expect you to do their job plus your own. Or, when 3 people quit, they want to do all 4 jobs with no additional pay.

Also, if you are hired in at 9.00 /hr. You stay at that rate, no matter what. If you get your bachelors degree in that time, you stay at 9.00/hr. If someone who has no bachelors degree is hired a year or so after you, they will make more, by a couple dollars. You do get yearly raises though, and by that I mean, .03% of your pay. Although, they have been known to not even do that some years. Some people have been there for 20 years and are only making 10/hr due to getting paid the same rate since they were hired only advancing by the 10 cent raises yearly. This is not even enough to live on.

I admit, I put up with it for a few years, until I was offered a job doing the same thing for double the pay at another employer. GRMC does not care about their employees. At. All.
Pros
Employees are nice.
Cons
Management is not satisfactory. Low pay. No advancement. You are a number, not a person.
Fast-pace work atmosphere
Admitting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALOctober 19, 2018
Great starting point for your career
Get required skills and move on
Little room for advancement
Moderate turn over rate
Family orientate
Minimum training
Pros
Management, Work and life balance, Laid back
Cons
Short breaks, No annual pay increase, Horrible benefits, No advancements
fun and interesting place to work
Lead and respond to any emergencies (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALSeptember 29, 2018
Gadsden Regional is a very interesting place to work at. you never know what you are going to see when you go into work. It is a great job for someone who willing to always be on their toes and ready for action.
Pros
meet lots of people and learn new stuff about people
Cons
inside most of the time
It was a good place to work
Student Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Quincy, FLAugust 8, 2018
Staff is helpful. Small community hospital so everybody know each other. Very accomadating to the patients and family. Management is friendly and knowledgeable.
Good employer close to home
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALJuly 24, 2018
I love the people I work with, like that it is close to home, pay is average. Turnover rate is quite high and I’m not sure they are doing much to try to control that.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Insurance benefits are not great
Great staff
RN Charge Nurse, Step down unit (Current Employee) –  Gadsden, ALJuly 24, 2018
Great staff, love working on 9 south; pay is decent; short drive from my house; management staff cares about employees; lots of options for healthy food in cafeteria
Never a dull moment.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gadsden, ALJuly 3, 2018
Excellent benefits. Good teamwork and everyone treats you like family. Compettitive pay wilth comprehensive benefits package.They have sales twice a year that sells scrubs and other nursing supplies at discounted rate.
Rewarding
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALApril 13, 2018
I enjoyed working there. It was stressful and fast paced but very rewarding in that I felt like I was making a difference in patient care. There were no advancement opportunities.
Pros
rewarding
Cons
no advancement
Don't waste your time here
Chief of 'All Other Duties As Assigned' (Former Employee) –  Wherever NeededApril 12, 2018
Management sold their souls to the devil. All they care about is making the bottom line. Working a skeleton staff in all areas. So many physicians have left the hospital for better opportunities in other cities and states. Admin team does whatever it takes to keep their paycheck. Most superficial bunch of chuckle-heads I have ever worked for.
Pros
Fed my family and kept a roof over our heads.
Cons
Backstabbing, self-serving, money grubbers.
Like any hospital it has it's pros and cons
Staff Nurse and Charge Nurse for Renal and Neuro (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALApril 5, 2018
Overall an ok place to work. My co workers were pleasant and made the day tolerable. I do feel like it serves the members of the community saving them from having to drive too far for care

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gadsden Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Gadsden Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location