GAF Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Glass mat machine operator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 27, 2018
Good place to work, positive inclusive culture, great HR. Comprehensive training and very safe place to work for. They really care about people and quality of the product.
Pros
Money / co-workers
Cons
N/A for me
Production Worker II
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Shafter, CAJuly 26, 2018
In charge of rail car movement and raw material inventory for production line. Hours are crazy but good money. A lot of rumors and no one to trust at work. Besides that, a lot of good benefits like company picnic, team building trip, christmas party etc quarterly bonuses if production hit numbers (which they keep raising) and quarterly perks.
Pros
Lunch paid, great money, lots of hours, advancement possibilities
Cons
hardly any days off, worker gossip/drama, no one to trust, favoritism
good company to work
Network Engineer, Contract (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJuly 19, 2018
i would like to recommend. The it department have a good system.
I was working on the troubleshooting the system routing and switch and firewall asa. the daily is to config the switch and design the network. from the work i learn the dns and infoblox. I manage the system using the solarwind and cisco prime. the working culture is frendly and open mind. The hardest part is not able to work with other the higer technology here. Everyone here are not able sharing the information. the boss not really care the employee. but i enjoyed to work becaus overhere is the aws cloud opporturity
Great place to work and develop you career and skills. Very secure
Employee (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJuly 11, 2018
People are great and management is very progressive and leaning forward. Most employees are empowered to be decision makers. Very pleasant office space, Tough to advance since very limited postings for higher level positions.
Pros
Very Good people, secure company, very forward thinking
Cons
not much room for advancement, very little postings at a higher level..
Great Place
Sales Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJune 9, 2018
Great place to work. I spent 15+ years working for GAF, and I would recommend it to anyone. It was fun, but it was many long hours worth of work. Best job I'd ever had.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Long hours and travel
Quality Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJune 7, 2018
I have a great boss who understands outside work needs and pressures. Great management with a good relationship with the local union. Excellent benefits package when it comes to time off. Decent insurance.
Pros
Cons
Work undercover but not heated or cooled
Horrible place to work. They treat people more as tools than people.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, TXApril 20, 2018
I worked there for over two years and it was the worst environment. If you are a yes man and do not have opinion or ideas this place is for you. They value you as a tool not a person. Management is horrible. They think they are better than you and WILL NOT value your opinion. No room for advancement. Grunts will stay grunts and only people in management are the ones with a bachelor degree. More than likely you will be more suited for the management position than you actual manager.
A typical office
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJMarch 27, 2018
There was nothing really out of the ordinary in working for GAF. It was a more or less typical office environment. In my department, there was very little downtime as the phones were constantly ringing.
Busy
Operator (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, INMarch 14, 2018
The Management at GAF is Terrible HR is horrible the hours were terrible the pay was the only great thing this company has going for it other then the mangers running the Mount Vernon Plant into the ground
Good for people with no families or life outside of work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 10, 2018
Pay is great. Hours suck! If you have a family or life count that out working at GAF working 7 days a week 12 hours shifts. All kinds of money but that doesn't keep your family together. When I started I was money hungry, when you spend more time at work than you do with your family is a problem. Money can't buy by your family, kids, significant other. People there are good people some will text you other don't give you the time of day.
Pros
Good money
Cons
All the above
Great company and product brand in consumer and construction market segments
Manufacturing Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Burgaw, NCMarch 1, 2018
Company is focused on improving business and operational processes and keep abreast of system wide approach to improve operational performances using LEAN, JIT and TMP strategies as use in automotive supplier mfg. operations. Mgmt. is highly focused in ensuring employee involvement and safe working environment at al times.
Pros
Very diversified range of product mfg. technologies
Cons
plant location in NC.
So What You're Talented
Relief Operator (Former Employee) –  North Branch, NJFebruary 5, 2018
I learned that if you are too talented an employee, its better to keep talents hidden. Exploiting an employee is common when that individual shows the ability to manage various tasks.
Amazing place to work. Team
Electrical Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Safter CAJanuary 27, 2018
Great place to work, like family.
Learned fabrication, machine operation, electrical, manufacturing. Teamwork, safety and quality.
The most enjoyable part is the lifelong bonds with co-workers.
Territory Manager for ME, VT & NH
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Millis, MAJanuary 19, 2018
Factory rep selling into all levels of distribution managing a three state region for the oldest American Roofing and ventilation products producer in the US. Handled anything and everything in relative to the distribution and application of the companies products.
Extremely challenging to have a work/life balance
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 4, 2018
The job is not what I expected. The hours are very difficult to work. This job is cut out for someone who has no major responsibilities in life. The employees are easy to get along with. Majority of the management staff is very pleasant.
Pros
They Reward their employees with Quartly Bonus Checks
Cons
The schedule is very poor
Worst management ever!!
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 4, 2018
This place has gone in the toilet since this new management team has taken over with everything there is no interest to come to work every day and I do mean every day Monday-Sunday
So if you want no life and like being treated like a number get get a job at gaf they'll love you !
But if you want to be treated like a human being with a life outside of gaf run away far away.
Sorry if I tell the truth and how I feel . But last time I checked it's a freedom of speech!!!
Pros
Money if you want to work 80hrs a week
Cons
1. Management 2. Lack of knowledge running this place 3. Being treated poorly
Good job
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Burgaw, NCDecember 27, 2017
It's a good job for people who want to learn manufacturing. It's a fast paced job. The working hours are not bad. People in production are very pleasing to work with.
Worked in Marketing Department
Marketing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJDecember 15, 2017
I worked in the marketing department and did marketing analysis. Employee's at GAF either did not do their jobs at all or did very poor quality work. No one seemed to get along. There was a lot of fighting while I was there. There were many complaints to HR dept. regarding things that were happening. Culture is non-existent. Marketing databases were never updated, data was years old and had never been updated. Their idea of marketing is junk email. That's it - just junk email. I analyzed the activity around the junk email - ridiculous.
Pros
Cons
poorly managed
GAF Materials
Line Lift Driver (Former Employee) –  Garden City, GANovember 17, 2017
Good job with great benefits and opportunity for overtime. I enjoyed the closeness and team work of my peers. The work fluctuated over the years and eventually I was laid off. I would not have otherwise left.
Beware of the team you are joining
Consultant/Contractor (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJNovember 6, 2017
Was interviewed for a position, but while i started working, it is only me who is working. Others sat back and started to irritate, torcher and bossed me around. Before entering know all the people in the team not only manager.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GAF. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.9InHerSight Score

3.6Personal Development

4.2Career Opportunities

4.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight