GAI Consultants Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
productive and fast paced
Vehicle Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Homestead, PAApril 10, 2018
The job in itself was amazing. Unfortunately the department manager didn't know how to manage or even talk to people making the position near impossible to perform appropriately.
Friendly coworkers and casual workplace
Accounting Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 1, 2018
I’ve worked at GAI for a couple years and find my coworkers and company culture friendly and supportive. The facility in Orlando is modern and comfortable with secure parking and entry ways. There are employee stock options, 401k and good benefit options for full time. Generous PTO and occasionally work from home opportunities.
Pros
Free coffee, WiFi, parking, and sometimes lunches.
Cons
Pay is a little below others in the area
Relaxed workplace with a project based work pace.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Homestead, PAAugust 31, 2017
A typical day consisted of fielding any work needed for new projects coming in. Some projects involved more technical analysis while others were mainly report writing.
Seemed like a nice work environment
Assistant Librarian (Former Employee) –  Homestead, PAAugust 3, 2017
For a company of Civil Engineers the employees at GAI are extremely approachable. Their headquarters in Homestead reflects their capability. It is one of the most well organized and modern places I have worked. The company did well by its employees.
Pros
Great management, flex time
Long Time Employee
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Homestead, PAFebruary 17, 2017
I worked for this firm for 20 years. I gained a lot of experience, they are innovative, up and coming and look for the younger generation to see it continuation of growth
Pros
Beautiful building to work in
Cons
Revolving door policy
Part time job with no benefits
Field technician (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PASeptember 2, 2016
I worked for GAI for a few years a while back and they weren't too bad. As an archaeology field technician they require a bachelors degree (if they can get it) but I never did anything any high school student couldn't handle. It can be a fun job but definitely not a career.
Pros
can be a fun job
Cons
no benefits or job security.
Good to start out, but not a place to stay
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 23, 2016
GAI is a good place to start out of college, but this is definitely not a place you can (or will want to) stay for your career. GAI is notorious for hiring externally for positions instead of promoting within. There have been mass exoduses from GAI over the past 4 years, and its because of this, and a whole other multitude of problems, starting from the top all the way down. There are more cons to this place than I have the time to list, but definitely dont make this a priority job for you.
Pros
good work/life balance
Cons
low wages, hire externally before caring for their own, slow to promote, A LOT of politics/favoritism, top heavy company, etc.
Great place to work!
Environmental Technician (Current Employee) –  Erlanger, KYFebruary 12, 2016
Great place to work! Managers help you to grow beyond your position. As an environmental tech or specialist you will have the opportunity to learn a variety skill related to the field.
unbalanced good employees with so so managers
supervisor (Former Employee) –  Homestead, PANovember 9, 2015
I worked with some amazing people during my time there and would return to continue working with them if I could be assured job security and a decent raise. The constantly changing benefit plans and leadership styles leave something to be desired. I feel there are too many middle managers to make the company function the way it should. The company seems to be stuck between large functioning machine and a small employee rum firm. The company lives off of the work of the lower rated employees who do great work but the "client first" mentality sometimes works against them.
Pros
fellow employees
Cons
changing management styles
Feast or famine consulting firm with no real growth
Endangered Species Biologist (Former Employee) –  Erlanger, KYOctober 20, 2015
Served as a seasonal employee that was funded by contractual work. When contracts ceased to come in, then I was cut loose. My supervisors had made it clear to me that I do not have a real future there or have the potential to be hired on full time. Forced to drive own personal vehicle for projects and not be reimbursed for mileage.
Pros
Hotel booking agent on projects
Cons
Non-reimbursement, no potential for being hired full time, difficult co-workers.
Great Place to Work
Office Worker (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 12, 2015
Over GAI has been a great place to work. There is a collegial feel to working here that I haven't experienced anywhere else I've worked. There is a sense that we are all in this together so, everyone helps out.
Pros
Continuing learning, growth potential, and interesting projects
Cons
Some growing pains from becoming a larger company.
very adventurous, laboring, fun and good pay
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 16, 2015
went out in the field to test for any cultural sites/materials for construction projects
learned how to fill out proper field paperwork, minor experience with a Trimble unit, and how properly excavate a test pit.
management was very helpful and willing to share knowledge
coworkers were fun to work with
the commute was difficult
seeing new places, the exercise, and gaining experience in a field of study and pay rate
Pros
seeing new places, new experience, excercise, fun management/coworkers and the pay.
Cons
the commute
Endless Oppurtunities
CEI Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville,FLJuly 12, 2015
Learning, education, advancement, skill building and career planning.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of seeing a project develop from concept to design and completion.
gai
Senior Designer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 22, 2015
Enjoyed Gai, It was just time for me to move on and find a new challenge in my career, and wanted to try a type of engineering
Good company with young engineers and not strong management
Engineer in Training (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 7, 2015
Good company with young engineers and not strong management. Project schedules were cut in half for energy sector projects and not given the resources necessary yet still expected to finish with quality product on time.
Pros
Good people, benefits
Cons
work/life balance
great company
Inspector (Former Employee) –  DuBois, PAJanuary 22, 2015
good people and friendly environment, pay was good, didn't have to travel far, worked with a lot of intelligent people.
Good company to get a start
Employee (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 16, 2014
This is a good employer to begin an engineering career and gain some experience right out of school. It will likely prove professionally beneficial to move onward and upward elsewhere after a couple of years.
Pros
Decent health and has profit sharing
Cons
Not a lot of personal financial return and high turnover
Great company to work for!
Real Estate Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 12, 2014
On a typical day at work I would arrive around 9:00 a.m. and work thru the day and usually leave around 5:00 p.m. Lots of time I would also work from home. I enjoy the management and my co-workers. No part of my job was necessarily difficult. My most enjoyable time at GAI was being around the 'guys/gals' and learning from them.
Good working enviroment
Senior Construction Materials Technician (Current Employee) –  Berwyn, PAMarch 15, 2014
now a defunct company, was great to work at and had good balance of work and fun.
Is an Ok place to work
Senior Designer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 3, 2013
I like the work environment and the people that I work with.
They are very flexible with the weekly schedule.

But they always wait to the last minute for to press for submittals.
Cons
No oportunity for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GAI Consultants. Our community is ready to answer.