GAI Consultants Employee Reviews

Worked as a sub to Westinghouse
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Homestead, PANovember 14, 2018
I had no real direct contact with GAI. I was subcontracted to Westinghouse with no real GAI connections. Due to this, there was no advancement or management.
a decent company to get started in CRM
Field Director (Former Employee) –  MissouriNovember 1, 2018
GAI Consultants was a stressful work environment with superiors frequently being disorganized. Not all supervisors at the company are this way but during my time with them there were several individuals who were not great at leading. They also do not pay well in comparison with most other companies I have worked for.
Not an Ideal Place to Work for Senior Level Personnel
Engineering manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 17, 2018
Okay place to work, but no organization at all. I came on as a manager but was put in a designer role and had no managerial role at all. I was not given the opportunity to show anyone what I could do due to management in the local office. There are no standards in place and no QC in place to make sure projects are successful and plans are quality for the the contractor and are error free even in shop drawing reviews.

It was a very stressful place to work, as the manager was unrealistic of what was being asked to do and the office was severely understaffed. Very unrealistic with expectations on cleaning up other peoples messes.

Benefits are great and I think if working at one of the main offices it would be different, too stressful and hard at the satellite office here though.
no work/life balance. does not value employees
Senior Project EIT (Current Employee) –  Murrysville, PAOctober 12, 2018
everyone is replaceable. GAI does not care about employees families at all. definitely prefers not to have any women, especially mothers. even if they are equal or superior to male counterparts.
productive and fast paced
Vehicle Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Homestead, PAApril 10, 2018
The job in itself was amazing. Unfortunately the department manager didn't know how to manage or even talk to people making the position near impossible to perform appropriately.
GAI is a good mid sized consulting firm to work for.
See System One/Senior Lead Engineer (Former Employee) –  Waynesboro, GAMarch 7, 2018
I did not care for my manager, but the director was good. Work was fairly steady, and most was concerning Westinghouse and their new AP1000 Nuclear Plant Design. During my time there, I worked on site at Waynesboro, GA.
Pros
Little interaction.
Cons
Pay was stagnant.
Great managment tream providing a positive environment for all employees
Assistant Controller (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 3, 2018
GAI provided a great team to work with and positive management staff. I loved being a staff accountant learning the accounting procedures within an Engineering company. All departments worked together as a team and we all enjoyed laughs at the same time, ensuring our job was completed. Great environment to work in and I truly miss this company.
Pros
Positive managment and great environment
Cons
Ability to adance withine the company
Friendly coworkers and casual workplace
Accounting Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 1, 2018
I’ve worked at GAI for a couple years and find my coworkers and company culture friendly and supportive. The facility in Orlando is modern and comfortable with secure parking and entry ways. There are employee stock options, 401k and good benefit options for full time. Generous PTO and occasionally work from home opportunities.
Pros
Free coffee, WiFi, parking, and sometimes lunches.
Cons
Pay is a little below others in the area
Interesting Place to Work
SENIOR PROJECT ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 17, 2018
The flex time is the best part of the project. For the most part the people are very good and easy to work with and friendly. I liked the culture. The HR manager is poor the benefits are getting weaker than the competition. The ESOP status is nice if you have a decent manager and department head.
Pros
Flex Time, Esop
Cons
Running out of work to do.
Interesting work, fun team.
GIS Survey Technician (Current Employee) –  Canonsburg, PAJanuary 12, 2018
Interesting work in the Survey Department. Learned a lot about the pipeline industry and how in-depth it can become. The amount of work put into a simple few mile pipeline is more than you could ever expect!
A great Company to work for
Office Engineer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 5, 2017
I worked for GAI for 11 years and enjoyed all of them. The rate of pay and employee benefit package was exceptional. There are always advancement opportunities available and continued education is always encouraged. I greatly enjoyed my time with GAI and would have remained there for many years to come if the arrival of my son hadn't stolen my heart and changed the course of my life forever.
Pros
Above average rate of pay and an excellent benefit package
Cons
The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 23, 2017
Chaotic, no accountability from management. Horrible software integration, duplicative procedures, intranet is impossible to navigate, no one to offer help when asked, just "check the GAIn site". Policies are inconsistent, nepotism is rampant.
Help Desk Tech Lead
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 13, 2017
Provided technical assistance for incoming queries related to computer systems, software & hardware. Answered, evaluated, and prioritized incoming telephone, voice mail, e-mail, and in person requests for assistance from users experiencing issues with hardware, software, networking, and other computer-related technologies.
Cons
Poor Management
Relaxed workplace with a project based work pace.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Homestead, PAAugust 31, 2017
A typical day consisted of fielding any work needed for new projects coming in. Some projects involved more technical analysis while others were mainly report writing.
Poor Structure and Inexperienced Management
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 14, 2017
Hours are not flexible for admin/office assist staff. There is no advancement available and what training they do give you is minimal and not effective. No matter how hard you work or how much you strive to achieve a goal, you will not be recognized and instead, asked to be accountable for your whole day, even if there is no work. GAI structure is massively changing and many inexperienced people have been brought in to fill in the gaps but it is not effective and has brought moral and the office to a very toxic environment. The benefits are great (health, pto, etc.) but it's not work putting up with dealing with the rest of GAI.
Seemed like a nice work environment
Assistant Librarian (Former Employee) –  Homestead, PAAugust 3, 2017
For a company of Civil Engineers the employees at GAI are extremely approachable. Their headquarters in Homestead reflects their capability. It is one of the most well organized and modern places I have worked. The company did well by its employees.
Pros
Great management, flex time
Excellent location and wealth of knowledge from employees
Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 22, 2017
Typical day at work starts 8:00 AM and ends at 5:00 PM. There are over 50 personnel in the Orlando Office. Latest technology and all work is done in house.
Relaxed Environment
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 1, 2017
Relaxed work days, time to come in when you want and leave when you want. Management is good, they want the work done right the first time every time.
Pros
Pto
Fast-paced environment, opportunities for acquiring new skills and exposure to many different project types.
Assistant Hydrogeology Manager (Former Employee) –  Homestead, PAApril 23, 2017
Good support staff, able to work independently when needed, but management is there for you also. Great co-workers, dedicated to the job and yet know how to have fun, too. Overall, a great place to work.
Excellent place to work
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lake Geneva, WIApril 3, 2017
GAI is a company that expands over several states. There is opportunity for travel and movement within the company. Friendly environment that supports individuality and independence.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GAI Consultants. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about