Gaia Herbs

Gaia Herbs Employee Reviews

United States22 reviews
Good place to work but no advancement. Negative attitudes in the warehouse. Good benefits but very expensive. 3 week vacation in the door. But you cant have a bad day and work there.
Pros
Onsite chef, employye garden
Cons
no advancement
I have been able to learn a lot about different herbs and what they do for you. I wasn't very into herbs when I first started working here but have since started taking some of our products and have noticed a significant change.
Not bad for someone starting in the work force; since the original owner left, the environment has changed a lot. Difficult to say if the changes will bode well in the long term, but several people have quit or are looking for jobs.
The work is fairly easy and the people are friendly. It's really not a bad job as long as you don't have a long way to travel to get there. The pay is ok and the benefits are good.
I love working here. My team is amazing. The free farm lunches are delicious and the other wellness benefit offerings are also welcome. There are plenty of PTO and sick days as well as volunteer days available.
Pros
Farm lunches, open minded environment
not a secured job, unless you're good friends with managers inside and outside of job. management is out of touch with workers on the floor (most managers don't have any type of college degrees, trying to run a multi-million dollar company). Gaia has gone downhill since they pushed out the owner of the company/CEO, now they have lost their vision and don't know where they are headed, the company probably want last long as Gaia, probably will change hands to another larger company.
Pros
good production workers
Cons
poor management
The job at Gaia was fun and a challenge.
The extra benefits pretty awesome such as:

Fresh organic vegetables

On the site gourmet chef to prepare meals.

Catered events, sample bottles of product.
Pros
Free veggies
Cons
Employees who having been there so long they think they should be allowed. To ss they pleasrgbkm
good job, but management is not so good in all departments, the majority of the management is very young competitive children, who are potheads (smoke weed a lot) if you are not like them, you are not part of the Gaia culture. The pay is great, but most people don't stay long because of P.C., plus in my 8 years there one or two people retired from Gaia, but most people are terminated before they get a chance to retire, so don't expect to retire from Gaia. Gaia is not a very stable job workplace and not a secured job for the future. They have fired 3 plant managers and 4 Human resources since I been there in 8 years. In 2015 we hired 40 employees and lost 40 employees on all levels, the majority where upper management.
Pros
good pay while it last
Cons
bad management, Pc, drug use
Very stressful work enviroment. Tons of paperwork. Watch out for QA gestapo. Any mistake will be held against you and theres alot of rules to adhere to.
Pros
free lunch in summer
Cons
Drama from co-wprkers
Gaia has been great to me. The culture at Gaia is unmatched and the work environment is low stress and a lot of fun. If you want a career with a company that holds true to strong values, Gaia is the place to be.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Gaia Herbs?
Great benefits, Living Wage Certified, priority given to current employees for advancement/new positions. The employee vegetable garden and lunch program is definitely a plus!
Worked there for a week under the impression their temp spot was At Least 1 month or more. They struggled everyday to find work for us and when they did it was very little. Sent us home everyday that one week. Instead of fixing their production problem they fired all the temps with no warning after a week and 23 hours worth of work. "full time" really means full of lies. Don't work here
Pros
I mean they had an okay bathroom with nice toilet paper.
Cons
Very competitive, rude coworkers, short breaks, not enough jobs for the rate at the hire
Great place to work if you like tonever move up and love to be belittled. Coworkers are nice but it was like middle school. Make sure to always smile or get fired.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
If you like words like "mindfulness" and "honor your feelings" then you will love Gaia. You need to walk on egg shells here - the female dominated workplace is ultra progressive to the point of being cult like. You really have to watch what you say and do here as everyone is easily offended. SUPER PC is the norm.
Pros
lunch program, free produce
Cons
weird cult like atmosphere and female dominated workplace
While I was working there the owner was CEO and was NOT a business person and said that he never wanted employees. I felt that due to my age there was no opportunity to advance but my fellow employees were great to work with.
Pros
Felt like family
Cons
lack of opportunity to advance
Gaia Herbs is a solid company that is going through a lot of growth and transition right now. There is a lot of turnover although it seems to be getting somewhat better recently. The culture of the company is positive and supportive for the most part.
Pros
Discounts on products
Cons
Pay and benefits are not quite in line with responsibilities
Gaia Herbs was the most important job I have worked. The owner is very kind the people I worked with was kind and would show me how to do something and didn't get mad. The environment was not stressful to work in. I really would like a chance to work there now
Cons
The work is easy and the people are friendly and nice to work with. Overall this job isn't all that bad as long as you don't have to travel a long way to get there.
Pros
friendly atmosphere.
Cons
none.
Growing company leading in the field of natural health supplements...good HSA, average 401k and health insurance
Located in the Smokey mountains
Pros
free produce at main plant
Cons
health care
Picked and packaged herbal orders to be shipped to various locations. I learned about the different types of herbal remedies. the management and coworkers were very nice to work with. There wasn't really any hard parts about the job.
Pros
Friendly environment.
Cons
None.
I love my job. A typical day at work for me is reviewing bottling records and releasing finished product, as well as bulk product. I have been at here for 12 years and have had many postions, all of which I have loved. I have learned alot about cGMP, Quality Assurance, and SOPs. I love my co-workers. I get along with everyone. There is nothing hard about my job. I enjoy everything about my job. I am leaving due to relocating for family.
Pros
employee garden
Cons
healthcare
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gaia Herbs. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.6Personal Development
3.8Career Opportunities
3.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Gaia Herbs Reviews by Location