GAINES INVESTMENT TRUST Employee Reviews

Great company, open communication
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  La Jolla, CANovember 16, 2018
I've enjoyed being a part of this company for almost three years, and have no intentions of ever leaving. Management is supportive and friendly, co-workers are nice, offices are comfortable.

Very happy here!
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Traffic in the morning can be a bit heavy
Downtown La Jolla
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  La Jolla, CANovember 16, 2018
Gaines Investment Trust is a family owned Real Estate Firm that owns and manages 25 Apartment Communities throughout the United States. I work at our Corporate Headquarters in La Jolla. The Office is in downtown with a beautiful roof top ocean view. When you work for Gaines, in most positions you work directly with ownership. This allows you to learn and grow in your career in Real Estate and advance within the company if you put in the work and show that you're determined. The Corporate staff is very friendly and knowledgeable and enjoys coming to work everyday.
Great Work Environment
Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  La Jolla, CANovember 16, 2018
I have worked for Gaines Investment Trust in the corporate office for 1 year now and it has been such a great experience. Great location in the heart of La Jolla and they provide parking for their employees. You also hear from the owners regularly both about work and checking in to see if you need anything. My last company in downtown had no parking and in 5 years of working there, I spoke to the owners maybe twice. My coworkers at Gaines are all amazing and the pay is great! I have also toured several properties of ours so far and they have all been beautiful and well kept.
Pros
Parking, birthday and anniversary goodies, Location
Work hard and you are rewarded
Leasing agent (Former Employee) –  Henderson, nvOctober 28, 2018
I learned not only leasing but was given the opportunity to do some assistant manager tasks. Fun working environment with supportive management. i liked the fact I was not just another number
Pros
Pay, management and residents!
Cons
Worked weekends
October 31, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback! We are glad you felt supported and were given opportunities for advancement. We are sorry that you are not with us any longer, but our doors are open if you are ever interested in rejoining our team. We take pride in our strong team culture, but also recognize that everyone is unique, and we celebrate the individual talents of our team members.

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

Bad Management for what could be decent property
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  HENDERSONOctober 19, 2018
Not worth hassle of multiple interviews and months of waiting. Bad mean managment that doesnt give a care about property and neglects to provide basic office supplies(i.e. I had to bring my own toilet paper from home)...
Pros
I loved my job, property and residents
Cons
Terrible management
October 29, 2018

Hello,
Your comments about management are not representative of the company culture we strive for, and are not issues that were raised when you were an employee with our company. We care deeply for our properties and our team members, and would like to know more specifically about your experience, please feel free to contact us directly.

Not a good company!!!!
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 25, 2018
This company is horrible they fire left and right I went through 4 manger/5 leasing agents/2 supervisors in just the 1.5 years I worked with them. They expect way to much out of u they give u deadlines that are not possible. I will say 1 good thing about this company have great benefits and that it. I would say they don't care about there employee's. I have to say the venders did more stuff for the saff then Gaines did. So I would not recommend this company
Benefits
October 29, 2018

Hello,
I am very sorry to see that you felt the expectations were not reasonable. We expect our team members to work hard, take pride in their work, but also enjoy what they do and be recognized for their efforts. We ask that team members share feedback with us openly and honestly so we can make sure everyone's needs are being met. We care very much for the well-being of our staffs and as you noted, provide an excellent benefits plan to support our team members. If you would like to speak directly to provide any additional feedback, please feel free to contact us directly.

You will love working for this company!
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 8, 2018
I am so blessed to work for this wonderful company. They have provided me so much opportunity to grow and learn in this industry. The corporate office is always a quick call away and one of the best and most helpful I've experienced. I look forward to many more years with this wonderful company!
Regional Manager of Operations (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJune 5, 2018
Executive Management/Owners are very strong and forward thinking. Employees are valued and ongoing training is a priority. Management software is integrated and easy to use. Continual review of procedures and protocols are completed to help streamline operations for concentration on customer service and sales. Offers competitive compensation packages and benefits. Co-workers are professional and the working environment is friendly and collaborative. Great place to work.
Pros
Performance bonus is paid monthly and potentials are lucrative.
Cons
Nothing noted to date.
Great Company to Work For!
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 5, 2018
I have been with Gaines for almost 2 months now after leaving a much larger management company after 6 years. I love the collaboration at Gaines and feel like my voice and opinions matter. They are a family ran company and they really empower their employees to make sound business decisions and are very supportive! I look forward to a long career at Gaines Investment Trust!
Grow and Learn with the BEST!
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 29, 2018
I truly have enjoyed my career with Gaines Investment.
I have been in the industry a long time and seen many companies. Personally, I think Gaines is the best in the field.
I feel they are respectful and value your opinion. They want you to be successful and learn. They want you to grow and be your best.
Gaines is owned and managed in which you work directly with the owner. It is nice to know that what you actually do, makes a difference and it is noticed! They like to promote within and train well. In my opinion, it's a good work balance too. I like to manage my time and work smart. I have a good sense of accomplishments and enjoy what I do. I am very happy to work with Gaines and I plan on being with Gaines for a long time.
Cons
No cons

Want to know more about GAINES INVESTMENT TRUST?

Ask a question
I love my job!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 10, 2018
I love my job so much! Working for Gaines Investment Trust has been a huge blessing in my life. Very grateful and would recommend working for Gaines!!
Pros
Getting to work with great people
Cons
Not allowed over time
May 29, 2018

Wow! Thank you so much for this 5 star review. We appreciate our employees so much and we are grateful to have you on board. As always, feel free to reach out if you need anything at all now or in the upcoming future.

a decent place to work and get experience.
Lead Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 6, 2018
A quick meeting with fellow maintenance about daily chores that needed to be performed. start work order and emergencies. I learned to have patience in the ordering parts process. management was chaos. For the most part everyone was nice. high turn over in management was a problem. met a lot of great people there. Overall it was a decent experience and do not regret it one bit. but figure it was time to move on.
Pros
check was always on time.
Cons
turn overs

Comment – May 29, 2018

As you know, I am here as one of the owners and The Director of Corporate Relations to be able to answer any questions or review anything that doesn't make sense such as policies, procedures, training etc. I do not recall hearing from you, but we wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Maintenance department
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 11, 2018
I bin with this company for almost a month really awesome people to work with . Days go by fast we always have work to keep us busy. If you got skill and are a good worker you should look into this company.
Pros
Hour lunch
May 29, 2018

Thank you so much for your 5 star review (Maintenance Tech in Dallas). We appreciate your hard work and dedication. Keep working hard!

Not my cup of tea
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 29, 2017
Do not staff office to work efficiently. Do not put money back into property to keep it looking good. Hiring and keeping good people was a big issue.
Pros
Lovely Property
Cons
not good management

Dear Former Property Manager,

Thank you for describing our property as lovely. We are so lucky to have so many beautiful properties here at G.I.T.

As the Director of Corporate Relations, I am always accessible by phone or email and I don't recall having a conversation or hearing from you. We wish you well in your future endeavors.

It was an okay company. They were not very fair or very just in their ways. Could have handled business better.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 5, 2017
They're an okay company to work for. I would go back to them or advise anyone else to work for them. The pay was pretty good but not for all of the stress they put on you.

Dear Former Assistant Manager in Tulsa,

Thank you for your review and we appreciate the fact that you would go back to work for us and tell others as well. We know that we are one of the leaders with pay and benefits in the industry. As the Director of Corporate Relations, I am always here and constantly checking in to see if our employees have everything they need to be successful and if they don't, we want to hear about it. We wish you the best of luck.

Empowering, Exciting Work Environment
Operations Administrator (Current Employee) –  La Jolla, CASeptember 1, 2017
Gaines Investment Trust is unique in that despite having the resources of a large organization, they are still a family run business. As an employee, you get the personal relationship with ownership and upper management that you don't get at most companies in our industry.

The benefits package, available to all employees, is exceptional. 401(k), great health, eye, and dental coverage, as well as additional health care options that each employee can choose to participate in or not.

There is strong connectivity and unity between the property staffs and the team in the corporate office. We all work towards common goals and communicate openly and frequently. Upper management never becomes detached from what is going on at each property we own. The owners are attentive and caring, and set up each of their team members to succeed, each and every day.

A competitive, fast-paced industry like apartment management/ ownership needs to be complimented by a caring, longstanding, established company, and that's exactly what Gaines Investment Trust is. It is hard to imagine working anywhere else.

Comment – May 29, 2018

Thank you for your 5 star review! We take pride in each and every one of our employees and since we are family owned and operated, many of our employees appreciate that the most! We believe in open and effective communication whether it is good or bad and this will only help us grow and achieve new goals. We also are cutting edge with our technology all while offering great salaries and benefits!

Amazing!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 23, 2017
GIT is an amazing company, amazing falls short. I have been employed with the company for a couple months, and I have already received my first promotion. I can say this company has high expectations from their employees, just as we would from anyone. Upper management provides you with all the keys to success. They offer online training and one on one training.
Pros
Great team and advancement opportunities
Cons
None at the time
Opportunity for growth & development! Great teams!
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 15, 2017
I have had the opportunity to manage several communities for Gaines Investment Trust. I have enjoyed managing at each community and each team I have worked with. We work hard, but we have fun and most importantly we work as a team. Gaines Investment Trust truly cares about their employees and their growth and development. Each employee has a voice and kudos and concerns are valued, considered and positive changes continue to be made wherever opportunities exist. The positivity and energy of the company, my co-workers and my team make it fun. I am grateful to have a job that I look forward to going to each day.
Pros
Dynamic, Energetic Teams
Cons
None at this time
Fantastic Company to Work For
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVJuly 31, 2017
I have work for Gaines Investment Trust for over two years and have learned a lot and have grown. The management is willing to listen and to work with you. The work culture is great except for a few issues here and there. The company focuses on resident services and a big focus on on the job safety.
Pros
Safety, family life, and career growth
Horrible
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 23, 2017
This has to be the worst company I have ever worked for in my 24 years in this industry . Unrealistic expectations , feels like forced labor , never able to keep anyone thru out the properties . The regional is a lying backstabbing person who will tell you to your face about how wonderful you are and then have her manager demote or fire you
Pros
Cons
everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GAINES INVESTMENT TRUST. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about