GAINES INVESTMENT TRUST Employee Reviews

Not a good company!!!!
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 25, 2018
This company is horrible they fire left and right I went through 4 manger/5 leasing agents/2 supervisors in just the 1.5 years I worked with them. They expect way to much out of u they give u deadlines that are not possible. I will say 1 good thing about this company have great benefits and that it. I would say they don't care about there employee's. I have to say the venders did more stuff for the saff then Gaines did. So I would not recommend this company
Benefits
Cons
You will love working for this company!
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 8, 2018
I am so blessed to work for this wonderful company. They have provided me so much opportunity to grow and learn in this industry. The corporate office is always a quick call away and one of the best and most helpful I've experienced. I look forward to many more years with this wonderful company!
Regional Manager of Operations (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJune 5, 2018
Executive Management/Owners are very strong and forward thinking. Employees are valued and ongoing training is a priority. Management software is integrated and easy to use. Continual review of procedures and protocols are completed to help streamline operations for concentration on customer service and sales. Offers competitive compensation packages and benefits. Co-workers are professional and the working environment is friendly and collaborative. Great place to work.
Pros
Performance bonus is paid monthly and potentials are lucrative.
Cons
Nothing noted to date.
Great Company to Work For!
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 5, 2018
I have been with Gaines for almost 2 months now after leaving a much larger management company after 6 years. I love the collaboration at Gaines and feel like my voice and opinions matter. They are a family ran company and they really empower their employees to make sound business decisions and are very supportive! I look forward to a long career at Gaines Investment Trust!
Grow and Learn with the BEST!
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 29, 2018
I truly have enjoyed my career with Gaines Investment.
I have been in the industry a long time and seen many companies. Personally, I think Gaines is the best in the field.
I feel they are respectful and value your opinion. They want you to be successful and learn. They want you to grow and be your best.
Gaines is owned and managed in which you work directly with the owner. It is nice to know that what you actually do, makes a difference and it is noticed! They like to promote within and train well. In my opinion, it's a good work balance too. I like to manage my time and work smart. I have a good sense of accomplishments and enjoy what I do. I am very happy to work with Gaines and I plan on being with Gaines for a long time.
Cons
No cons
I love my job!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 10, 2018
I love my job so much! Working for Gaines Investment Trust has been a huge blessing in my life. Very grateful and would recommend working for Gaines!!
Pros
Getting to work with great people
Cons
Not allowed over time
May 29, 2018

Wow! Thank you so much for this 5 star review. We appreciate our employees so much and we are grateful to have you on board. As always, feel free to reach out if you need anything at all now or in the upcoming future.

a decent place to work and get experience.
Lead Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 6, 2018
A quick meeting with fellow maintenance about daily chores that needed to be performed. start work order and emergencies. I learned to have patience in the ordering parts process. management was chaos. For the most part everyone was nice. high turn over in management was a problem. met a lot of great people there. Overall it was a decent experience and do not regret it one bit. but figure it was time to move on.
Pros
check was always on time.
Cons
turn overs

Comment – May 29, 2018

As you know, I am here as one of the owners and The Director of Corporate Relations to be able to answer any questions or review anything that doesn't make sense such as policies, procedures, training etc. I do not recall hearing from you, but we wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Maintenance department
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 11, 2018
I bin with this company for almost a month really awesome people to work with . Days go by fast we always have work to keep us busy. If you got skill and are a good worker you should look into this company.
Pros
Hour lunch
May 29, 2018

Thank you so much for your 5 star review (Maintenance Tech in Dallas). We appreciate your hard work and dedication. Keep working hard!

Not my cup of tea
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 29, 2017
Do not staff office to work efficiently. Do not put money back into property to keep it looking good. Hiring and keeping good people was a big issue.
Pros
Lovely Property
Cons
not good management

Dear Former Property Manager,

Thank you for describing our property as lovely. We are so lucky to have so many beautiful properties here at G.I.T.

As the Director of Corporate Relations, I am always accessible by phone or email and I don't recall having a conversation or hearing from you. We wish you well in your future endeavors.

It was an okay company. They were not very fair or very just in their ways. Could have handled business better.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 5, 2017
They're an okay company to work for. I would go back to them or advise anyone else to work for them. The pay was pretty good but not for all of the stress they put on you.

Dear Former Assistant Manager in Tulsa,

Thank you for your review and we appreciate the fact that you would go back to work for us and tell others as well. We know that we are one of the leaders with pay and benefits in the industry. As the Director of Corporate Relations, I am always here and constantly checking in to see if our employees have everything they need to be successful and if they don't, we want to hear about it. We wish you the best of luck.

Empowering, Exciting Work Environment
Operations Administrator (Current Employee) –  La Jolla, CASeptember 1, 2017
Gaines Investment Trust is unique in that despite having the resources of a large organization, they are still a family run business. As an employee, you get the personal relationship with ownership and upper management that you don't get at most companies in our industry.

The benefits package, available to all employees, is exceptional. 401(k), great health, eye, and dental coverage, as well as additional health care options that each employee can choose to participate in or not.

There is strong connectivity and unity between the property staffs and the team in the corporate office. We all work towards common goals and communicate openly and frequently. Upper management never becomes detached from what is going on at each property we own. The owners are attentive and caring, and set up each of their team members to succeed, each and every day.

A competitive, fast-paced industry like apartment management/ ownership needs to be complimented by a caring, longstanding, established company, and that's exactly what Gaines Investment Trust is. It is hard to imagine working anywhere else.

Comment – May 29, 2018

Thank you for your 5 star review! We take pride in each and every one of our employees and since we are family owned and operated, many of our employees appreciate that the most! We believe in open and effective communication whether it is good or bad and this will only help us grow and achieve new goals. We also are cutting edge with our technology all while offering great salaries and benefits!

Amazing!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 23, 2017
GIT is an amazing company, amazing falls short. I have been employed with the company for a couple months, and I have already received my first promotion. I can say this company has high expectations from their employees, just as we would from anyone. Upper management provides you with all the keys to success. They offer online training and one on one training.
Pros
Great team and advancement opportunities
Cons
None at the time
Opportunity for growth & development! Great teams!
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 15, 2017
I have had the opportunity to manage several communities for Gaines Investment Trust. I have enjoyed managing at each community and each team I have worked with. We work hard, but we have fun and most importantly we work as a team. Gaines Investment Trust truly cares about their employees and their growth and development. Each employee has a voice and kudos and concerns are valued, considered and positive changes continue to be made wherever opportunities exist. The positivity and energy of the company, my co-workers and my team make it fun. I am grateful to have a job that I look forward to going to each day.
Pros
Dynamic, Energetic Teams
Cons
None at this time
Fantastic Company to Work For
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVJuly 31, 2017
I have work for Gaines Investment Trust for over two years and have learned a lot and have grown. The management is willing to listen and to work with you. The work culture is great except for a few issues here and there. The company focuses on resident services and a big focus on on the job safety.
Pros
Safety, family life, and career growth
Horrible
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 23, 2017
This has to be the worst company I have ever worked for in my 24 years in this industry . Unrealistic expectations , feels like forced labor , never able to keep anyone thru out the properties . The regional is a lying backstabbing person who will tell you to your face about how wonderful you are and then have her manager demote or fire you
Pros
Cons
everything
Leasing Director (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 24, 2017
Benefits with this company was great however, the Management could be alot better as well as training could have been better. I would say it would really depend on the property you are at.

Comment – May 29, 2018

Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate your honest and open feedback and we are proud to say that there has been a change in our organization in the past 6 months that has allowed us to really get back to the 4 P's in Property Management on a much deeper level. We are digging in more then ever and every single one of our employees has a voice and we reach out to them regularly to ensure that they are getting what they need and if not, what can we do to fix the problem? We now have 4 Regional Managers along with our National Recruiter who we speak to and train on a daily and weekly basis. We have an entirely new onboarding process in the works that we are so excited to roll out. Our very own RM's along with the owners have worked very hard to collaborate in this mission which is such an important one! We are cutting edge with our technology and our pay and benefits are second to none.

Great place to work!!!
Leasing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 31, 2017
I recently started working for Gaines Investment Trust and I have to say I am amazed how supportive The Gaines Family is!! They are very involved and that is a rarity in the corporate world. I love my job! I'm meeting new people everyday and getting to know the residents. The people I work with are fantastic and I am excited to be apart of this amazing team!
Pros
meeting new people, team work environment, supportive owners
February 4, 2017

Dear Leasing Consultant,

Thank you so much for your 5 Star Review. As one of the owners and also the Director of Corporate Relations, it is my goal to let each and every employee know that they have a voice and can: call, email or text at anytime with any issues whether positive or negative. We truly value our employees and we are so thrilled that you see this and are loving your job. Keep up the great work!

Don't do it!
Leasing Consultant/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXFebruary 3, 2016
Gaines has great apartment communities by their policies change every 15 seconds and they lack on providing good customer service. I lost a lot of longevity residents due to company's treatment. Many employees have walked out, turnover rate is high.. Be careful.. Happy i found another place of employment.
Pros
Great properties to show
Cons
everything

Dear Former Employee,

Thank you for sharing your experience and I sincerely wish you all the best in your new career. I welcome your feedback and would love to hear from you. Please call me any time.

No Bonus, No Growth, High turnover, But has Potential
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  AnonymousJanuary 23, 2016
Just changed bonuses to NOI. So if you don't meet budget every month, guess what, NO BONUS THAT MONTH!
Took away renewal bonus, took away delinquency bonus, pretty much took every bonus away except for the new NOI bonus. I guess the only "bonus" you get is commissions, if you work where you get a percentage of it...even that is limited.

No room for growth. NO ROOM FOR GROWTH! Someone above you quits, they don't even think twice about asking if you want to interview for the position! If you are looking for a new company to grow in, this is NOT the company! Literally, all I wanted was to work for a company to grow in, never got an offer...even though I've had the chance time after time here.

This company has potential to be a great company! They do have the right people in corporate. The turn over at their properties is OUTRAGEOUS! Poor residents... I think personally, they really need to focus on their employees needs rather than their own. Try actually listening to the needs of your employees. Be open minded. If your employees are happy, then you will have a successful business.
Pros
Pay is better than most, A little flexable
Cons
No bonus, Micromanaged, No room for growth, High turnover, Not open minded, Don't respect their employees, Don't reward their employees

Dear Anonymous,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your concerns. Our employees overwhelmingly have voiced positive feedback for our new bonus program and are excited about getting a bonus each month rather than quarterly.

Promotion opportunities are provided every time there is an opening. Job openings are posted on our website and interviews are conducted. Employees who are promoted are selected for their credentials on experience, customer service, professionalism and their unfailing dedication to the success of their property and Gaines Investment Trust.

We respect and value our employees. I apologize if we did not meet your personal needs for a career opportunity. I would be happy to speak to you if you would like to call me to discuss how we could have serviced you better.

Best Regards,

Great Opportunity
Auditing/ Leasing Professional & Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, ArizonaDecember 13, 2015
Dealing with clients and residents, co-workers were always positive leading to a positive work atmosphere. Working together as a team.

Dear Former Employee,

Thank you for your kind words. I hope that you will call me when you are ready to return to the Gaines Investment Trust family. We always wish employees well when they leave for opportunities, but we welcome them back with enthusiasm. I look forward to hearing how you are doing. Call me any time.

Vice President of Operations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GAINES INVESTMENT TRUST. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about