Galesburg Cottage Hospital Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Best place ever
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Galesburg, ILFebruary 1, 2018
Not a better place to work within the State of Illinois. Best hospital in Galesburg.. hands down. Great management team that is always willing to help you out.
Pros
Top quality pay, great management team
Cons
There are none
Great
RN (Former Employee) –  Galesburg, ILJanuary 25, 2018
This was my first job as a new grad. I worked on Med surg. floor which was a fast paced floor. I was able to learn a lot from this position. I just wasn't a 3rd shifter
Mixed.
Phlebotomist/Telemetry Monitor (Former Employee) –  Galesburg, ILNovember 16, 2017
The management sucked. Never listened to anyone and not very helpful or caring for patients or staff. Most of the staff was overworked but most remained helpful and respectful to patients and other staff. Horrible food in cafeteria. It's another company all about the money and nothing else.
worked there 15 years ago
cook/diet clerk (Former Employee) –  Galesburg, ILNovember 5, 2017
when i worked at cottage,it was a good place to work. it has since been sold to a for-profit company,so i dont know how they run things now. it is probably not the same.
Terrible Place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Galesburg, ILOctober 1, 2017
They don't pay you what you deserve, management plays favoritism, and the whole company is flat out going down hill. I wouldn't recommend working here to anyone, ever.
Pros
Cons
Pay, benefits, and management
As a nurse, the staff was overworked
Registered Nurse, Surgery (Former Employee) –  Galesburg, ILSeptember 20, 2017
Overworked staff created low morale among employees. Didn't feel appreciated or valued. The industry is difficult; stressful to know that patients' care and safety might have been at risk.
wonderful place to work
RN and Support Nurse (Former Employee) –  Galesburg, ILJuly 5, 2017
small town hospital . great place to work and learn your skills. I enjoyed my time there and the team I worked with. I learned a lot with the great nurses and Medical Assistants . The doctors were amazing. It was a safe environment to learn good life long skills
Pros
great staff
Cons
low staff at times
productive
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Galesburg, ILJune 16, 2017
fast paced caring for patients,.to make sure there comfortable as possible during there visit or stay,management great workplace great,must be multi tasker and be there quik as possible in aide and assistance for patients and nurses i love bein able too help others and be a care taker a care giver.
Small hospital with lots of changes over the past years
Registered Nurse---ICCU (Former Employee) –  Galesburg, ILMay 8, 2017
Cottage is a nice hospital. It is small but does do its best to keep up with the newest equipment. The rooms are nice and patients come to know the staff well. The patients feel comfortable with the staff. It has a low turnover despite many managerial changes in the past few years.
The people and patients were great.
Medical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Galesburg, ILMarch 2, 2017
I enjoyed the work experience but due to low census my unit was closed. The hospital is one of the smaller ones in the region and the competion is fierce for patients.
Pros
The people were fun to work with.
Cons
The job security was unstable.
Dysfunctional
Nursing (Former Employee) –  Galesburg, ILDecember 19, 2016
Every day is an uncertainty. Staffing does not reflect acuity. Favoritism and nepotism are the only way to advance. Raises are insulting. Too many chiefs and not enough indians. But the staff on the front lines are some of the best people I had the priveledge to meet. I didn't realize how miserable I was until I left.
Pros
Opportunity for variety of experiences
Cons
Dishonest management
Job is rewarding
Technician (Former Employee) –  Galesburg, ILDecember 6, 2016
Job is rewarding if you can get the boss to be fair. She never want to help out. Makes mistakes and never want to take ownership.
Pros
Insrance
Cons
Bad raises
Housekeeper
Housekeeper/Aide (Former Employee) –  Galesburg, ILNovember 9, 2016
Work will always be available. No 2 days are the same. Breaks are still given and management cares about the workers. The hospital needs a huge boost in morale
Bad place to work
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Galesburg, ILJuly 12, 2016
New manager has no clue what or how to run clinics, closes a clinic three days in a row due to no patients and lies about prn staff to get them fired.
Pros
Great patients
Cons
Horrible and clueless manager and low patients ratio
Great Place To Work
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Galesburg, ILMay 19, 2016
The Managers, Providers and Co-Workers all make you feel like you are all part of a team. I love that I get to work for all the providers as it never gets old or boring.It takes a lot to learn how each provider likes things done but with time and great co-workers always by your side it does get easier. Management does have a lot on their shoulders but will always make the time for their employees.
Pros
Teamwork
Benefits
Hardworking Team Atmosphere Dedicated to Providing the Best Care Possible to our Patients
Clinical Dietitian & Patient Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Galesburg, ILApril 1, 2015
My experience working for Compass Group's Morrison Healthcare division at Galesburg Cottage Hospital has been wonderful. The employees in the Nutrition Services Department all work well together, have a great communication system, and are dedicated to making sure that the patients receive delicious, nutritious food during their stay. We provide meals and nutrition services to an average of fifty patients on a daily basis; as well as provide nutrition counseling in both an inpatient and outpatient setting, and serve healthy meals for the hospital's many functions. I enjoy the variety of activities that I was able to be involved in during my time at Galesburg Cottage Hospital, and hope to build upon the experience that I gained here to continue my career in a new city.
Exciting place to work
Biller/Collector (Current Employee) –  Galesburg, ILMay 4, 2014
Billing - no two days are the same...
A majority of the office staff have worked here for over 10 years..
The hardest part of the position is trying to keep up with the new Medicare regulations...
Exciting and rewarding place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Galesburg, ILOctober 1, 2013
Going into work was a joy for me. I would clock in and find there may or may not be anything for me to do as soon as I got there. Within a short period of time however, you could gurantee I would have patients to draw blood on. I had to learn time management as well as how to work under stressfull situations, as patients would start coming in from ER, outpatients, as well as normal routine inpatient blood draw orders. However, I met these fun, yet sometimes challenging times, with a smile on my face. I enjoy working with and around people.
Pros
working with the public and a great group of people.
Cons
sometimes having to work extremely short staffed.
Exciting work atmosphere, had a chance to use my brain.
Registration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Galesburg, ILApril 11, 2013
I enjoyed working at the ER Registration Desk. I registered emergency patients as they presented at the desk, by phone, or ambulance. I also registered patients for outpatient procedures, greeted family members, and monitored entrance in to the ER area.

I verified insurance, collected co-pays, escorted patients by wheelchair to their procedure areas, updated medical records, and various paperwork.
Pros
i enjoyed trying to help people and get their personal information accurate.
Cons
could be sad with terminal patients on regular visits, family members dealing with tragedy or loss of a loved one.
Was fun to work with all all my co-workers RT and Nursing
Staff Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Galesburg IllinoisFebruary 25, 2013
A great place to work, the staff is awesome, with a friendly, family like environment. Really felt at home.
Pros
great staff in the rt dept. liked working with them
Cons
a bit of a drive, but worth it