A company that lives its mission and values every day
Chief Operating Officer (COO) (Current Employee) – Oakland, CA – May 2, 2014
Imagine working for a company where...
- over 90% of employees agree that staff meetings are a valuable use of time
- feedback is valued, welcomed, encouraged, and not scary
- there are mini dance parties to celebrate milestones
- everyone is committed to being visionary, courageous, collaborative, determined and reflective
- the mission is to develop innovators who envision and create a better world
- you are surrounded by intelligent, passionate, and committed professionals every day
- and more...
During my first few months at Galileo, I pinched myself daily because I couldn't believe that I'd found such a functional, fun, supportive, dynamic, mission focused and performance driven environment. Seven years later, I'm as excited to be a part of this company as I was on day one. We run camps, and as such, everyone in the office works hard to bring the spirit of camp to work everyday. I love working with kids and have been fortunate to be able to spend most of my summers each year visiting and supporting our camps. Having seen the impact of our work first-hand and I can't imagine myself doing anything else.
Fun at work everyday, meaningful mission, focus on growth, values lived out in real time.
Though fun, it's a lot of hard work and every role requires a big commitment. But totally worth it.