Gallagher Bassett Insurance

Gallagher Bassett Insurance insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness

Overworked and unorganized

Overworked and unorganized. No room for advancement. Horrible benefits. Over worked employees are still expected to perform at a high level. Management is unorganized.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Benefits, workload, lack of training, management

Overworked, Overloaded & Understaffed

Years ago colleagues of mine warned me never to go to GB as it is a sweatshop. To experience it first hand, the rumors are true 10 times over. Outdated tech, duplicative and redundant practices and undue and unnecessary stress. It's not sustainable and you will never retain talent.

Pros

Remote work

Cons

High case loads, unreasonable demands

terrible workiing environment

terrible working environment The managers definitely do not know more than the employee. There is no one in the office to ask a question too..There is no guidance as to heads up various st of CT accounts and who to go to for a question regarding a First Report of Injury.

Pros

Cons

terrible workiing environment

Joke!!

This company is one BIG FAT joke…. Just throw the WHOLE company away and start over!!!!!! This company has no respect for there employees. The only thing they are good at is pushing more and more work onto you! I would have to say this has been the worst job that I have ever had. I’m serious you need to do better. This company will forever be a revolving door without major changes!!!!!!!!!! Do better!

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Little training, crashing computers, non supportive management

No one knows how to fix the tech issues that you go through on the job. Then they act as if it's your fault their equipment doesn't work. I haven't been paid for OT done weeks ago.

Pros

Easy job

Cons

Tech issues

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.

Not bad, not amazing. Generally happy

Gallagher Bassett has a lot of good qualities, like working from home, flexibility etc. however, the work load is very stressful and the pay isn’t amazing

Pros

Flexibility, working from home

Cons

health insurance premiums and deductibles, changing 401j

Exhausting Company /They own you 24/7

I worked for GB 15years as a WC SR Resolution Manager. I worked on a dedicated account performance guarantee account. I worked from home . Management was not helpful. There was no work culture. I enjoyed my co workers . I learned nothing from management or the various webniars GB provided .Based on the work schedule you would work 40 hours w/ 1 hour lunch each day . They do have flexible work schedule . In order to keep up with all work demands/ emails/ Best Practices/Audits I found myself working for the last 10years an average of 60 hours week. If you go on vacation you will need to take a few days vacation just to clear all the work that came in while you were off. Unbearable stress, no monetary appreciation as should you get a raise expect 1% to 1.5% if you are a top performer. If you are at the top of your salary range don't count on a raise. The last for years of employment I was told no raise due to being at top of salary range though performance was "Significantly Exceeds Expectations". I ended up retiring as the work was eating me alive.By the way, your salary review is in October of each year for the prior years performance & if you are luck to get a raise you will see it in mid December.I find that now I can breath at last!

Pros

Flexible Work schedule/ work from home

Cons

Unrealistic work demands/Little to no monetary compensation

Not what I expected

I really like my manager, but it’s not his fault that hire ups demand unrealistic expectations that force you to feel like a failure everyday. I was a successful adjuster because I worked 50-60 hours a week. No life/work balance while working for this company

Pros

My direct manager was understanding

Cons

Terrible pay raises, I was one of the lucky ones that actually received a raise and it was less that 1.5% each time, Others who performed got nothing

Fast paced, ever changing with special perks to show employee appreciation.

If you can get past the obvious headaches of working in a call center, you will be able to appreciate how quickly you can move up the chain of employment at Gallagher. There are some hurdles as with any employer but I believe the people at Gallagher have an honest interest in seeing you succeed.

Pros

Great culture, free coffee, Good people.

Cons

Expectations/goals can change almost immediately to satisfy clients.

You will never keep up with the workload. When you feel like you are in a “good place,” they will dump someone else’s claims on you. They require repetitive paperwork to be done and you type the same thing 900 times without a computer system to just transfer information. Outdated policies, outdated systems, outdated company.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Micromanaging to an extreme

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Gallagher Bassett Insurance?

Extremely high caseloads

When hired on, we were told an average caseload of 60-70 cases. I have not had less than 80 in months and at times have had 90+. It is impossible to get work done in an 8 hr day with current caseload. The company is currently desperate for more staff, especially resolution managers. The pay and PTO are much less than other companies offer for the same role. When taking time off, you just come back and do all your work you missed, you only have people available to cover for urgent matters that come up.

Pros

Some of the benefits, stock options, and occasional gift cards

Cons

Caseloads, pay, pto, insurance options could be better

High case loads and expectations

Average Case load should be 65- up to 95 and no bonuses, no extra $. Management minimally helpful or responsive. Pay is not commensurate with workload and experience. Poor management. Unable to keep personnel due to ongoing management and caseload problems.

Pros

Some work flexibility

Cons

Excessive caseloads

Very sophomoric management style.

You will go as far as you can hold out. It's all formulaic and data driven. Not a true claims environment; all effort is focussed on data entry specific coding to allow an easier time for auditors to review a file rather than allowing for an expedient file management system by the claims adjuster. Very limited authority and management support overall. Training on their proprietary and archaic electronic management systems is on the fly. Their document management system is cumbersome and time consuming albeit their computer systems rarely crash.

Pros

Work from home.

Cons

No paid overtime and too many hours. You will go as far as you can hold out!

Needs improvement

This company pretends to care about its employees but when you need help there is no one around. Its as if you are in the middle of the ocean and you need a life raft but the superiors pretend they don't know what that is.

Pros and Cons

Technology is poor, claims system is ancient at best. Benefits are horribly expensive for a family or even just kids. PTO could be better as this is the least I’ve seen in the industry. Also they claim to support women but don’t offer any type of maternity leave other than STD which doesn’t pay much anything if you have not been there for several years.

Training

The training and updated training is not good. It is basically learn as you go between you and your teammates. I am very much a team player and will help out wherever I can. There is o e teammate who when asked to help out says she is to busy

Pros

Supervisors understand the need to take to if needed

Cons

Training

Good work team

Adjusters don't call claimants back on a timely manner and barely answer the phone, that is the main reason for the majority of the complaints received on a daily basics. Pay is low. Expectations to be met on a call are extremely high. No differential for bilingual employees.

Pros

Remote due to covid-equipment provided

Cons

Bad salary-low pay rate

Great job, great opportunities and great people!

I learned so much about the corporate world and the people I worked with. The lesssons I learned at Gallagher have lasted me twice as long as I worked for them. I couldn’t recommend this company enough. There is never a dull moment!

typical claims job

typical claims job. multi jurisdictional. fast paced. ability to work from home. hardest part of the job is time management, as with all claims jobs.

Pros

work from home

Cons

high case count

Excellent company

However; the salaries for nurses are below the average work Comp company. GB does not take into account where you live for salary. They think a person living in California can live on the same salary as someone iv Indiana.

Pros

Great bosses

Cons

Low salary

Some people love it some people hate it.

It’s always a red flag when you start a new job and people say, “Run!” or, “It’s a trap!”. I now understand why. The pay is decent but don’t expect to be properly compensated for overtime hours. The work is fast paced and stressful and it only gets faster and more stressful. The medical benefits are expensive but the legal coverage is great. I was warned to stay hourly as long as possible and to leave quickly. I’d recommend the same unless the company culture changes.

Pros

Decent pay, Pto, great legal coverage

Cons

Little to no work life balance, heavy work load, employees are treated like robots rather than people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gallagher Bassett Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4