Gallagher Home Health Services, LLC Employee Reviews

overmanaged stressful place to work with not enough hours
occupational therapist (Former Employee) –  Bridgeville, PAMay 11, 2019
micromananging director, when discussed past experience with anxiety, had that held against me. The other staff were excellent. The overall department was skillful
Great team of people
Marketing Liaison (Former Employee) –  Bridgeville, PAJanuary 3, 2019
I loved working at GHHS! Working with this team of people you feel like one big family. Administration is fair and they listen if you have a concern of something important say. They are the type of administration that is easy to respect and the atmosphere of appreciation for hard work is incomparbale.
Pros
work environment, salary
relaxed atmosphere
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bridgeville, PAJanuary 2, 2019
left due to immediate family need.
job functions kept changing due to the creating of the position.
initially was interviewed for a different position 6 months prior to actually getting the position.
Took too long for this process.
No diversity
healthcare (Former Employee) –  Bridgeville, PASeptember 11, 2018
If you are looking for well rounded office environment and training, this would not be the place for you. Almost everybody there is related to the other.
Pros
Nice small office environment
Cons
Almost everybody is related to somebody
Amazing team
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  BridgevilleJuly 11, 2018
Very friendly and helpful staff! The director is beyond amazing! When I started they made sure I was prepared for my job before sending me out on my own. My only downfall would be not getting paid for travel if it’s over a half hour away from my home. If that’s my only downfall though I can’t complain. I’ll talk a supportive team over that any day.
Pros
Amazing director and team
Cons
Travel time to and from home
Independence
Director of Clinical Services (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 24, 2018
They seem to hire advance people who are proficient in their discipline just to train their lower paying employees and rid of those after the training has been completed
Pros
Miles reimbursed
Cons
Used your own care
great company to work for
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Bridgeville, PAMarch 29, 2018
I would have stayed but my husbands job was moved. I have not found any other home health agency that comes even close to what Gallagher does for their employees. They are supportive and care about their employees and patients.
this comppany cares for their employees
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAJanuary 18, 2018
much opportunity to make extra in incentive they care about the nurses and the patients. very organized company. my supervisors were very good to me. strong team there
Pros
areas I had to cover in City
Cons
relaxed and fast pace
Receptionist
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Bridgeville, PAJanuary 1, 2018
Training is very effective and if you need help there's people willing to help. Depending on the day it can be very busy or pretty slow. Always something to do. Everyone is very nice and easy to work with. The hardest part of the job was to learn everyone's names and what they do plus their extension. Once you got that down, everything else became easier.
Pros
Work parties, appreciation for one another
RN Case Manager Home Health (Current Employee) –  Bridgeville, PANovember 16, 2017
excellent nursing staff to work with and have as peers, they are the best. Love my job as a case manager, my ideas are valued and Im treated with respect.
Pros
easy to talk to managers, following my own patients
Cons
very fast pace
Employees are the star of the show
Psychiatric Home Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bridgeville, PAJuly 12, 2017
Management goes above and beyond to recognize the amount of work that employees do.
Truly an exceptional place to work.
Office staff can become demanding when they are under pressure to find a case manager for a particular case.
Amazing People to work for
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Bridgeville, PAMarch 15, 2017
the orientation is fantastic, the administration is helpful and eager to assist you to be successful. It is a work-life balance type of job. The most enjoyable part is the patients and the flexibility.
Great place to work. Great management. Patient oriented
Field Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bridgeville, PAJanuary 31, 2017
One of the best companies I have worked for. Not much room for advancement. Company is growing fast. Management is supportive. Staff is supportive.
LOVE it here!
Professional Staff (Current Employee) –  Bridgeville, PAJune 27, 2016
GHHS values an individual's skill level, trusts his/her ability, and does not micro-manage, and as a professional, having that trust and respect is key to maintaining moral, providing great care and service to patients-clients, and giving your 'all' everyday which is the way things should be when we spend 40+ hours at work every week.

I find the staff to want to work together and is apparent as there is no lack of communications.

The owners are very good to each and every employee throughout the year in a multitude of ways.

Its an honor and a privilege to be part of the "Gallagher Family" and would recommend working for Gallagher to those who want to work and take pride in what they do.
Pros
Valued as a person &professional no matter your role, the care provided for patients/families is terrific, the workplace culture-flexibility-genuineness, my co-workers are professional-friendly-knowledgeable.
Cons
never enough time in the day to do what is needed!
Rated best place to work 2011-2015 and it is!
Office (Current Employee) –  Bridgeville, PAJune 21, 2016
I started in the fall of 2015 and really enjoyed coming to work everyday. Although it is a very busy day, everyone is working for each other. Family ownership translates down to how everyone is treated. It is exciting to be part of a growing company. I have learned a lot about home health. The hardest part of the job is managing the work load. Since it is a small growing company, the work is fast paced. The most enjoyable part is helping make a difference and being valued.
Pros
family culture
Would not recommend
RN Field Nurse (Former Employee) –  Bridgeville, PAJanuary 4, 2016
It was a nice place to work when I first started but things have changed, management has changed, there was no job security.
I was very flexible, went out of my way to help, pulled them out of binds
Case Managers are not treated as educated people
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMarch 9, 2015
A typical day was setting out in the morning with your set schedule that you made the night before and it was totally crashed in a bout 2 hours from numerous calls and emails from the office staff about things we didn't do on our start of cares or discharges that need completed. So, now your mind is so boggled with other knowledge that you cant think of what you need to do with your pts. I provided emotional support to my pts and their families. Some pts only have you as the nurse and look forward to you coming in that day for a visit. At times, the job was so over whelming and that is not the kind of nurse I prefer to be. I want to provide great care to my pts and it cant be done with your computer and cell phone going off all day.
Pros
Visit rates, start of care rates, milage reinbursement
Cons
clicks, family business
Great Staff-
Nursing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carnegie PAApril 13, 2013
Management questionable- don't respect additional education
Pros
great field staff
Cons
Gallagher HHS is a great place to work. If you love interacting with people and working together as a part of team then this is the job for you.
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Carnegie, PAJune 24, 2012
Gallagher is a fun and excited place to work you get the experience working with older and young adults. You can build a special bond with your clients and staff.
Pros
giving a helping hand to people who needs the help and support from someone who cares.
Cons
seeing clients struggle trying to do things themselves because they try to be independent.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gallagher Home Health Services, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

Gallagher Home Health Services, LLC Reviews by Location