Gallagher Employee Reviews

Administrator Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 18, 2018
Very good company to work at, have nothing negative to say about it. They love training people into higher positions. The work environment is great and peaceful. Every one does there job.
This is a demeaning place
Senior Claim Representative (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOJuly 16, 2018
The management sells their product to clients, misleading them on the level of service they will be given. This is simply due to the overpromising of employees. There is far more work than employees can handle and management hides this from the clients.
Fast paced and productive
Benefit Analyst (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 16, 2018
This office was able to provide constant training for the ever changing insurance world. Weekly team meetings are held to ensure the production is streamlined.
Productive & typed 11,000 wpm
Data Entry Associate (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILJuly 8, 2018
Get to work as soon as you sit down. Learned how to do my job in the data entry department. Management was very helpful & patient and arranged meetings for the department to keep us up to date on what was happening.
Pros
Celebrated Birthdays with cake & ice cream and decorations
Cons
Sitting for a long time that's why they gave us breaks, to stretch & walk
Lots of people leaving company
Benefit Advocate (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJune 25, 2018
There was supposed to be growth and opportunity while bringing in new employees. Instead the workload has increased while there are fewer people than when I started.
Pros
Some nice people in office
Cons
Poor management, sub-par benefits, not a fun work environment
Great Working Here
Financial Benefits Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, CAJune 20, 2018
I find that working for Gallagher so far, has taught me many things. My management will back me up and trusts my work ethics. I Love the mission statement of the company and the teams that i work with.
Nice place to work
Senior Resolution Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PAJune 20, 2018
I enjoyed working for Gallagher Bassett. However, the work load resulted in my working long hours, weekends, and sometimes during my vacation time. Had it not been for the long work hours interfering with family time, I would not have left Gallagher Bassett. It was a great place to work and I had great co-workers.
Pros
Remote work - I worked from home full time
Cons
I did not have a claims assistant to help me with the basic day-to-day tasks
Stay Away
Adjuster (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJune 18, 2018
The culture here is that upper management continually makes up job demands and requirements without knowing anything about an adjuster's workload. Your worth is measured by a metric system that is only a small snapshot of what the adjuster is actually expected to do. The workload is preposterous. Upper management could care less about the amount of stress they heap on the employee. Hardworkers get rewarded with more work. Forget about taking your hard earned vacation time as you will come back to a mountain of work, Those that leave are either not replaced or it takes so long to replace them that the already overburdened employees get to pick up the slack. Upper management does nothing to change the stressful environment. There is constant whip cracking, demands and micro-managing. One must take anti-depressants and anti-anxiety medications to work here.
Pros
Cons
unbelieveable stress, extreme micro-managing, unreasonable work loads and it gets worse everyday
Leadership
Director of Finance and Operations (Current Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILJune 14, 2018
Leadership is very disconnected and rarely communicates company strategy and direction. Upward movement is based on who you know and not what you know.
Pros
Cafeteria and gym on site
Cons
Little advancement opportunities
Good People, Fair Responses
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 14, 2018
I worked in the Mid-Atlantic Region. The Director is one of the best I've ever worked for in my life. He absolutely supported teamwork in the business place.
Pros
Great team atmosphere
Cons
Pay could be more.
Excellent company
Participant Advocate Link (PAL Representative) (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJune 13, 2018
Gallagher had a great work environment, was very flexible as I worked from home. Management was always available for any questions or direction that was required.
Pros
Excellent work enviroment
Cons
Ethical workplace and highly organized but not people centric
Consultant, Employee Benefit Services (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJJune 12, 2018
Gallagher is highly ethical, people are honest and sharing with information. However, there is no career pathing, management consistency on treatment and mentoring, no salary raises in three years, favortism is not controlled and management opinions count much more than operational ee's.
Pros
nice local 'fun committee' events; great technical resources and tools to get job done
Cons
no flex hours, work from home; benefits are not great and there is no pathway for true ee feedback
Average place to work
Senior Benefit Advocate / Trainer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 11, 2018
Average place to work. In the Benefit Advocate Center, you are on the phones all day answering benefit questions from employees primarily; but also client HR.
Gallagher Bassett fosters a teamwork atmosphere
Senior Resolution Manager (Current Employee) –  TeleworkJune 8, 2018
Gallagher Bassett provides an opportunity to obtain the necessary licensing and they monitor licensing renewal for all employees allowing the adjusters to focus on handling their claims.
Pros
Team work atmosphere
Cons
No opportunity provided to expand into other areas of claims handling, ie. construction defect, products etc.
fast paced environment
General Liability Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAJune 7, 2018
participated in 2 programs; one was very interesting doing premise liability and a second handled a desk with 12 lines of coverage including garagekeeper's liability, premise liability, commercial auto
Bad company
Service Representative/Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLJune 4, 2018
This is not a great company to work for. They do not have any room for growth. Management does not help you to further your career. I would not recommend this company to work.
Pros
Free Lunches from Vendors
Cons
Micro manage
The management was great.
Senior Third Party Administration Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 4, 2018
The only con working at this company was there was little job security. There was only one account that the company handled. Also, I left the company in order to pursue handling General Liability claims.
Pros
Good management
Cons
No job security
Absolute WORSE place to ever work.
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 25, 2018
This company tries to do more with less. They don't hire enough people for anyone to do a adequate and proper job unless they work at least 10 hours a day and weekends. The typical day is answering e-mails, emails and more e-mails in between phone calls that makes it difficult to complete typical claim duties. This company has a history of people just not being able to deal with the amount of work and walking out. Don't expect a decent raise, because raises only go to the friends and family members of management. You are not automatically evaluated for a bonus. You must submit a very detailed professional biography as to why you deserve a bonus and only 20 people are chosen. Management follow your work by tic marking almost everything you do. Many of the Supervisors are promoted in that position again because they are part of the friends and family package. The culture is to get to work done by any means necessary, they don't care how or who as long as it's done. Would never recommend this company to anyone for employment. Sad part is this company has all the basics to be a great company but the Management teams are poorly trained and the Sr. Management teams rely solely on numbers and not people who actually do the work to make their decisions.. ..
Pros
discounts on personal insurance programs and shopping. Medical insurance is reasonable
Cons
Low salary, no bonus, no raises, poor management
Very decieving place to work
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 25, 2018
Not a very good company to work for very deceiving. No room for advancement. Increases in Pay take almost a year to get if you get one and if you do it's like 1%. Supervisor should learn how to do the job first before supervising others. Little to no training and as a result of that was persecuted for trying to do the job without proper training. Supervisor needs to treat employees fairly. Workload is extremely heavy. One of the worst places I've ever worked for could not wait to get out of there.
Pros
Benefits decent.
Cons
Micromanage no proper training bad supervision.
Productive place to work
Commercial Lines Assistant to Account Manageres (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 23, 2018
A typical day at this employer was busy and productive. I learned a lot about the different types off businesses and what their particular needs were as far as insurance was concerned. Management was ok, but it could show improvement. The workplace culture was nice. I particularly liked the people that I worked with, as well as the vendors and customers. The hardest part of the job was the continued meetings. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the staff and being able to help the customers.
Pros
Meals, Employees
Cons
Health care requirmemts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gallagher. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

68out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Gallagher.