Gallagher Employee Reviews

The office I worked in was like family.
Client Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Vineland, NJDecember 14, 2018
Gallagher started out-sourcing their work to India which caused many employees to be let go including myself. The company has undergone numerous changes in the five years I was employed with them including no raises at all for the 4 of the 5 years I worked there. We were advised that we made within the guidelines of our job title.
Pros
The pros of working is that you receive a pay check and benefits.
Cons
Many cons with this company. Too many to list.
Good Benefits
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee) –  itasca, ILDecember 7, 2018
Location was the main reason for my employment and the salary at the time was satisfactory. Pensions were taken away when I reached my 5 year anniversary and that was my main reason for applying there in the first place.
Pretty good overall
Claims Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILDecember 3, 2018
For better or worse, one thing to keep in mind about Gallagher. Your pay and work load are heavily influenced by by the client, so each individual will have a different experience based on which branch they work for.
PROS:
Overall, the company does a pretty good job of caring for their staff with a good work life balance,
Tech- Old, but slowly being upgrading.
Upper management - Scott Hudson and the other upper managers all really care about the company and it shows.

CONS:
Poor on the job training - this one is odd as Gallagher provides a lot of resources and support for Licensing and Continuing Ed, yet puts zero effort into actual job training and leaves it all up to the branch managers.
Pay - You start out lower, and yearly raises stink. Expect to make less than the competition as Gallagher would rather hire new staff with no experience at lower wages than put money into retaining experienced adjusters.
Middle Management - Horrible - This will vary based on your manager (Duh), and some are good, but Gallagher supports, or at least turns a blind eye to the current dog eat dog atmosphere. So if your willing to lie and step on anyone that gets in your way, GB is the place for you!
Pros
Decent work life balance
Cons
low pay, bad middle management
Procedure focused
Client Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILNovember 30, 2018
Insurance is a client focused industry, Gallagher is more focused on Procedures. Work load is more than can be handled. Individual offices do not work equally.
Pros
good pay
Cons
lack of support
Productive office, employees act more as friends than just workers.
Data Center Engineer (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILNovember 29, 2018
I learned a great deal of skills that I was able to use and contribute to other companies. Management worked with me well on personal life when problems came up.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
late night calls when outage occur.
Cheap and poorly managed
Area Vice President (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 25, 2018
Gallagher might be the worst investment consulting firm in the US. They are probably the one firm that does not provide its consultants a cell phone or a stipend for a phone. Their benefits and compensation are well below their larger and small competitors. As a result of not taking care of their investment consultants and analysts, they are leaving and in turn, clients are leaving too.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Salary, Benefits, Managers
Senior Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 19, 2018
A lot of work and phone calls. Lots of training. up to date computer system. Most enjoyable were co-workers. Location not bad. parking was good. Management ok
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no breaks
Great co-workers, always aiming for best practices and improvement
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILNovember 6, 2018
A typical day at work for a developer may involve a daily stand-up, as most teams are following Agile processes to some extent. Most, maybe all, managers do weekly one-on-one meetings with their direct reports to check in and answer any questions or handle issues that may arise. Everyone is pretty respectful and professional, but friendly and down-to-earth, too. It's easy to feel at home fairly quickly. Some days may have a lot of meetings, and it's difficult to feel very productive on those days, but solving problems on other days makes up for that (like in any dev job).
Pros
Discussion is encouraged, some departments have remote work days each week, learning is encouraged
Creative and thriving work culture
Benefit Eligibility Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WANovember 4, 2018
Positive work environment with managers who valued honest feedback. I felt I was given the tools to grow and develop my strengths. Opportunity for growth and advancement.
Pros
Work parties
Great company to work for
Corporate Accountant (Former Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILOctober 30, 2018
I loved working as a Corporate Accountant at Gallagher. Its a great company with good work environment. I managed the month-end close process, reviewed and analysed the work of offshore team.
Most of the days I am very busy
Accounts Payable / Receivable Analyst (Current Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILOctober 28, 2018
Most of the day I am processing and reviewing payments, running reports, and processing check runs. The most enjoyable time I have working at Gallagher is learning new opportunity and working with my co-workers.
Pros
Free soda
Cons
No overtime
Minimal supervision
Accounting/Assistant Account Manager/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Westchester, ILOctober 25, 2018
I was with Pro-Source Financial prior to them getting bought out by Gallagher Benefits. The transition went smoothly with little culture interruptions.
Pros
Daily free breakfast snacks, great benefits
Cons
Little supervision
Not the best place to work
Senior Resolution Manager (Current Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOOctober 23, 2018
Overworks their employees and does little to try and provide a manageable work load. Assigns too much busy work which takes away from normal job duties.
Pros
Working from home is available depending on the claims you handle.
Cons
Minimal raises if any, Does not match 401k until Jan of following year, does not support its employees.
Dont do it
Resolutions Manager (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 22, 2018
No advancement, says you can work from home, but are working 50 to 65 hrs a week including weekends just to keep up, with no overtime. Most of the time responding to EMAILS, at least 50 to 100 a day. They don't care about the employees, just the client. If client doesn't like you, your written up or fired. No type of training, give you a large case load of files from the start, never able to catch up. If you going on vacation, will take months before you catch up again. EMs from CEO brags about his travels to different offices around the world and his golf game. Bad pay and not enough personnel. Stay away.
Great place for insurance sales people.
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILOctober 20, 2018
Advancement for those in any support roles is minimal, but the sales and marketing people are treated well. It's not a place for someone wanting to advance their career in IT, finance, or operations management unless it's for a relatively short stay.
Pros
Somewhat flexible hours and telecommuting
Cons
Pay increases are very sparse outside of sales positions.
Great environment.
Workers Compensation Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 16, 2018
My day begins with reading and responding to emails. Once to clinics are open I make my calls to obtain work status and medical records, update diaries, plan of actions and pay bills. I truly enjoy having such great team to work with.
Pros
Metro carpool system and free parking.
Cons
The building gets really cold.
Great corporate company to work for
Business Development/ Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bingham Farms, MIOctober 15, 2018
Area managment is weak and political. Stressful demands, but really a top notch brokerage to work for all in all. Very qualified co-workers, and opportunity for advancement. Compensation is high compared to competitors.
Great management
Account Executive - Commercial P& C (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 12, 2018
Great job atmosphere with great management. Always want to give your best! All employees are treated with respect and you know that they will always have your back.
Good place to work.
Area Vice President (Current Employee) –  Whippany, NJOctober 10, 2018
Gallagher is a large firm with offices worldwide. The office in whippany nj is comprised of two of their benefit divisions. Culture is great- atmosphere laid back but everyone works very hard.
Boys club
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAOctober 8, 2018
Terms of the work, it was straight forward. You were pushed to do your best, but often without any direction.

Culture; happy hour most Thurs & friday evenings. However, this was never conducted professionally, and on more than one occasion witnessed a co-worker purposely encouraging some of the younger agents to drink more for their own benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gallagher. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss