Gallagher Employee Reviews

Great environment.
Workers Compensation Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 16, 2018
My day begins with reading and responding to emails. Once to clinics are open I make my calls to obtain work status and medical records, update diaries, plan of actions and pay bills. I truly enjoy having such great team to work with.
Pros
Metro carpool system and free parking.
Cons
The building gets really cold.
Great corporate company to work for
Business Development/ Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bingham Farms, MIOctober 15, 2018
Area managment is weak and political. Stressful demands, but really a top notch brokerage to work for all in all. Very qualified co-workers, and opportunity for advancement. Compensation is high compared to competitors.
Great management
Account Executive - Commercial P& C (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 12, 2018
Great job atmosphere with great management. Always want to give your best! All employees are treated with respect and you know that they will always have your back.
Good place to work.
Area Vice President (Current Employee) –  Whippany, NJOctober 10, 2018
Gallagher is a large firm with offices worldwide. The office in whippany nj is comprised of two of their benefit divisions. Culture is great- atmosphere laid back but everyone works very hard.
Boys club
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAOctober 8, 2018
Terms of the work, it was straight forward. You were pushed to do your best, but often without any direction.

Culture; happy hour most Thurs & friday evenings. However, this was never conducted professionally, and on more than one occasion witnessed a co-worker purposely encouraging some of the younger agents to drink more for their own benefits.
CLAIMS ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 5, 2018
Productive work place. Salaries are vey competitive. They work you hard but you’re paid for your hard work .enjoyed working there. Would go bac in a heartbeat.
White collar factory
Resolution Manager (Former Employee) –  Braintree, MASeptember 25, 2018
Completely mismanaged claims office with one of the worst work environments of any third party administrator in the industry. No advancement ability, job satisfaction, or work/life balance. Expect employees to work excessive hours in the office and at home with no respect for an employee's right to time off. When total hours worked are factored into the equation the pay is ridiculously low and not sufficient to cover the cost of living in high cost of living area such as Massachusetts.
I would not recommend anyone take a position with this company including people with no experience attempting to break into this industry. Employee's can expect the worst treatment from management with total disregard for employee's concerns. In addition, the client companies will abuse the adjuster adding another source of disrespect to the experience. Stay away from this company at all costs as there is nothing to recommend employment here.
Great Company
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILSeptember 24, 2018
Great company to work for! Gallagher has a great Mission and is the epitome of what an ethical company consists of, I am very happy here and I feel like my opinion is valued.
Poor environment & leadership
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Itasca, ILSeptember 22, 2018
Gallagher is all about who you know. The signature saying is if you are a friend of the CFO or friend of the CEO. Leadership alignment is non-existent. Management is by division, which leads to inefficiency and directional differences. For those which appreciate systems and automation the Gallagher environment is not for you, with unstable technology and antiquated manual processes.
Pros
Cons
Management, Culture & Technology
Favoritism
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 21, 2018
They throw you into work you've never been trained on, & then later when you make a mistake they wonder why you didnt do it right. They pick favorites
Pros
Casual dress attire
Cons
Two-faced, and picks favorties.
This Company does not care about its employees just like the injured workers.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 21, 2018
All this company cares about is shortcuts and making money. If the industrial commisson of Arizona only new what this company makes their employees do just to please their clients. They are understaffed and not a single Supervisor assists in covering their Adjuster while on vacation/sick leave. They pile the responsibility on another adjuster who already has 175 claims. Yes 170 plus claims or more on 10 adjusters. No one supervisor takes blame for not doing their job and it falls onto the already over worked adjuster. Which in return tarnishes their name when a lot pf them work from home until 3am just to help out their claimants. I can tell you the Gallagher Bassett way is by far what this company stands for.
Horrible Company to work for
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Itasca, ILSeptember 20, 2018
Came back after major surgery and was terminated.
What I learned: not to tolerate bad behavior
Management: Very difficult
Hardest part. Emotionally draining
Pros
Cons
The list is endless
N/a
Operations Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 19, 2018
indeed is making me do this but i dont want to. worst place i worked at. no chance of going up the ladder. no work/life balance at all.i do not recommend this job at all
Work and Life Balance
Senior International Premium Payable Analyst (Current Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILSeptember 18, 2018
There are many opportunities to learn various tasks; however work load and flexibility of the work environment is not balanced. Management many times not aware of the individual work load. The organization is it self very balance to work for.
Great company and great atmosphere
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Itasca, ILSeptember 18, 2018
Great company to work for. Really ethic driven. Enjoyed working there and learning about the industry. Has great opportunity to grow within. The only thing I did not like was the raises were not very good.
Pros
Gym onsite. Great co-workers.
Cons
Cheap on the raises
Best Place I've Worked
Senior Resolution Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 14, 2018
GB was about the best place I ever worked and that was due largely to the branch manager who has since left the company. I had to leave because our branch started losing business and my dedicated account. I was left with run off claims. The account management department is totally incompetent and that was the reason my account left. At GB, I had the freedom to handle claims the way my client wanted and I was not chained to a bunch of substandard, corporate partners as vendors. The compensation was very fair. It's a man's world though as far as moving up.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Little chance of advancement
Very friendly team based environment
Resolution Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 13, 2018
The team I was part of was made up of several talented individuals that worked very closely as a team. No one felt more overloaded than another and there was always the ability to laugh at our mistakes.
Be cautious when working at Gallagher
Account Manager II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 12, 2018
Gallagher is a company with great potential, but extremely poor leadership and execution. We are a publicly traded company that lives by the old mantra of quarter by quarter decision making. In the last quarter of the year it is not uncommon for an announcement from Senior management that limits purchases (including paper and supplies) or even client related travel.

The benefits are among the worst I have experienced in my professional career. 401k plan, for example, is only matched at the end of the year and you can not participate in the match until you have been employed for over a year. What ever you do, do not roll money into the plan, once your assets are rolled into the plan you can not access them unless you terminate.

The Medical is so limiting. I have a couple of medications that are maintenance medications that are not covered at all under the medical plan. This is the fist company I have worked out where the prescriptions were not covered.

Expenses for travel to clients are expected to be covered by the employee. For a $1 billion dollar company they are so cheap.

If you feel that you need to complain, but cautious, the company is notorious for retaliation. They speak of an inclusive culture, but it is anything but. The tenets for Gallagher, there are 25, are a joke. No one lives by these tenets and in fact the company operates in a manner that violates nearly every tenet.

There are better jobs, career's and employers in the market place. Don't settle for this employer, or you will be deeply disappointed in the long run.
Pros
Can't think of a single one
Cons
Read the review, not a place I would recommend to work at.
Employer ok
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Itasca, ILSeptember 12, 2018
The side of business I was involved in had its limitations for personal growth. The pay was not the best either. Although I met many people that i would become lifetime friends with.
High stress, poor management
Sr. Claim Representative (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MISeptember 11, 2018
Management changes, high turnover, high stress. Management did not back up their workers. Too much office politics. Was able to work at home. No advancement opportunities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gallagher. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss