GALLANO TRUCKING INC Employee Reviews

long hours no life
Over the road truck driver (Former Employee) –  Belvidere, ILMarch 10, 2019
Driving over the road is not for everyone. Your week starts on a Sunday and could end on a Saturday, just to start on Monday morning. The hardest part is putting tarps on in the winter and lay overs can be long.
Pros
newer tractors
Cons
long hours sleeping in truck stops
Very Family Oriented
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Belvidere, ILSeptember 26, 2014
I enjoyed working at Gallano Trucking and gained substantial experience. I enjoyed all my co-workers and drivers. Unfortunately management was lacking in understanding their employees and how to build the company as a whole so that current employees had a future.
Pros
experience and great drivers and staff, hours and location
Cons
management
Was a great learning experience
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Belvidere, ILJuly 7, 2014
It was a a great stepping stone in the direction I want to go. I was able to learn a lot in the year I was there. Working with the other dispatchers was enjoyable and I made great relationships with them as well as the drivers. Unfortunately, management is a little confused and not experienced in their positions as to what the company needs and the direction they are heading. They do a lot of hiring and a lot of laying off because they realize later that they can not afford the staff they hired. Drivers and dispatchers got a long great but there was always fighting between management and made it an uncomfortable work environment
Pros
Learned a lot and great staff and drivers
Cons
bad management