Galloway Ridge Employee Reviews

Productive Place to be at
Server (Current Employee) –  Pittsboro, NCApril 1, 2019
If not doing anything, you will be doing something.
Co-workers are great people
Residents are also great
Every worker has their own things to do for opening and closing
nice place to work have to love people
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsboro, NCMarch 24, 2019
This job is in an inviroment where you will meet diferent cultures of people it is a healthcare setting for skilled, non skilled, and assisted living in a typical day you would help with breakfast, help with bathing and getting dressed and other daily living activities. As for instance running errands and going to medical appointments. The job itself is not hard you just have to be patient and enjoy working with all types of people.
Pros
doing something different each day and seeing different people
Cons
noticed a lot of favortism
Residents made you feel welcome
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Pittsboro, NCMarch 6, 2019
This is a really nice place to work. the residence made you feel welcome and always eager to talk to you but management in housekeeping not so good there were a bunch of clicks if you didn't fit in with the click they pretty much ignored you
Employee need to be respected more also coworker to coworker and manager. This was worst place i worked at.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  KitchenNovember 15, 2018
The pay is fine and brake time .It is a good place to work but needs more improvement of coworkers and supervisor to have respect , not treat people like a trash.
Pros
Good pay start
Cons
Manager, supervisor and coworker have no respect to each other.
Great team atmosphere
Server (Current Employee) –  Pittsboro, NCOctober 15, 2017
It was always a pleasure to work at Galloway Ridge. As a server, I was able to experience the atmosphere of all three dining rooms and work many different events.
Staff need a upgrade in house keeping management new team
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaAugust 16, 2017
Need new management in housekeeping to much favoritism no one are team players but want to be team leaders manager not her own person hardly knows anything dont compromise beleives her but buddy this place stay having people quiting because not being fair in the housekeeping. Department sad place to be at galloway because of staff and management its a very unfair. Place but they wont you to hurt your self for the little bit of money they pay us
Pros
Wonderful residents
Cons
Worst staff management they get you in the door then the work you like a slave
Coworkers great, but mgmt. does not listen to its staff
Worker (Former Employee) –  Pittsboro, NCJuly 3, 2017
Started off great, but as time went by and management changed, things took a turn. Residents that live there are awesome individuals and a pleasure to talk with. Not sure of the view of upper management, but do not go in expecting to make changes, as management is too conservative to be forward thinking.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Demanding hours, Leadership
Great job for students
Server (Current Employee) –  Pittsboro, NCJune 29, 2017
Galloway ridge is a really nice place to work. I enjoy serving the residents, they are very kind people that live there. I hope to get a full time job at Galloway Ridge when I finish college.
Pros
Free gym membership, employee discounts
They had all the supplies we needed to do our job without ever a shortage.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsboro, NCJune 10, 2017
I really enjoyed working with my patients there. I always had plenty of supplies I needed to take care of everything for my patients. I had great job security but some of my other coworkers were not team players.
Pros
The pay was good and they hours were pretty good as well.
Cons
Some of the other nursing assistants were not good at helping one another out.
Galloway Ridge is a wonderful place to be!
CNA (Current Employee) –  HealthcareMarch 31, 2017
Galloway Ridge is a wonderful place.The company is very involved within the community, hosting charitable events, outreach projects and supporting numerous causes. A clear set of core values sets the tone for the culture at Galloway Ridge. The compensation and benefits package for employees is very competitive with other businesses in the area. The management team cares about the employees and strives to have a good work/life balance.In addition to excellent pay and benefits the company focuses on showing appreciation to their employees by hosting numerous events throughout the year that employees can attend. I have thoroughly enjoyed everyday that I have worked at Galloway Ridge.
Productive and Warm Welcoming
Companion/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Pittsboro, NCApril 28, 2015
Working here was honestly, a very fun and desirable place. They're all loving and special people to meet. I feel like this was one of the best places to work at, simply because they have well trained and professional employees. The food is excellent and the patient care is wonderful ! They will bring the best out of people even when your day my night not seem well. There wasn't really a hard part about working here, they make everything understandable and fun. I learned how to be myself and place my heart into my job title. This job is a great place to work at.
Pros
Patient Care, Well trained management
Cons
n/a
CCRC... does not live up to its core mission statement and professed values
Dining Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Pittsboro, NCApril 17, 2015
High turn-over rate and many unhappy employees. The consensus is that management does not care about the welfare of their employees.
Great place to work!
Medication Aide/CNA (Current Employee) –  Pittsboro, NCMarch 24, 2015
Galloway Ridge is an exciting place to work. There lots of room for advancing, great compensation and benefits and they are very family oriented.
Pros
Galloway Ridge have great opportunities for advancing.
New CEO
Director of Life Enrichment (Current Employee) –  Pittsboro, NCMarch 1, 2015
The CEO at Galloway Ridge is compassionate and dedicated to the residents and the employees. I work with an amazing team that puts the health and welfare of the residents first and foremost.

There has been a lot of turnover in the last few years which has made job security and stability worrisome.
Pros
My direct team
Cons
HIgh turnover
Awesome Place to Work
cook (Current Employee) –  kitchenJanuary 29, 2015
Great company! Fabulous benefits, great people. The food is delicious for both staff and residents.
Great leadership and very loyal employees. The residents make working here worthwhile.
Pros
great employee meals, free fitness membership
Galloway Ridge is a CCRC in Pittsboro, NC. The facilities are very nice, but management/employee culture leaves a lot to be desired.
Dining Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Pittsboro, NCOctober 26, 2014
The company does not progressively train their management staff, hence there is much dissatisfaction among employees. Galloway Ridge was very new when I worked there, but it has not improved much since my departure. There are some really good people that work there; they just need more support and direction to move to the next level. It is my hope that they will.
Pros
free membership to awesome fitness facility; free employee lunch
Cons
lack of cohesive leadership
i dont want too it is not vrery it take it very good
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Pittsboro, NCJune 17, 2014
it sucks manager is very bad I want iwant yo leabe but it sucks I cant work
Pros
jljlkl;k/
Cons
lkjlk////m;lm
Arbor skilled unit/Head CNA (Current Employee) –  Pittsboro, NCJune 6, 2014
If your looking for a great job and benifits come here. They demomonstrate great team work.
Pros
great pay
Cons
terrible management
Great environment
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Pittsboro, NCMay 29, 2014
Galloway Ridge is a great retirement community. They are great about allowing you to balance your work life and home life. You are able to get a few extra hours if need be. The pay has been about the best I have seen around the area. You are not given an overload of patients. I loved the fact that I could leave the job and feel like I have actually helped, at some places it is difficult to get that due to the patient load they give. Not here though. If I was not moving I would never leave. Just like any work place you find some people who have complaints, but from my experience it seems to be that your job here is what you want it to be. Communication with management gets tricky sometimes, but nothing not normal. Like I said if I wasn't moving I would never leave this job.
Pros
Pay, Work load, Environment
Cons
Some management communication issues (nothing major though)