Galls LLC
59Below average

Galls LLC Employee Reviews

United States135 reviews
My work day will fly by
I would check the back orders for anything that could be completed. Then i would pull orders that came in over night from the warehouse that didn't need alterations and send it over to the shipping dept so it could be mailed out that afternoon. Once we would finish all the orders that needed to be pulled, then we would move over to the shipping area to start batching up the orders that was left from the night before. That shipment would go out and new supplies would arrive that was going to need to be checked to see if it belonged to and order that was not filed because some of it was on back order, if not then all the other supplies would be placed in the warehouse or on the sales floor, after all items are labeled. By this time of the day it would be lunch and I would replace the sales floor person for her lunch. Help customers on the floor and tidy up the dressing rooms. After my lunch I would return to working on stocking the warehouse.
Alright job
Atmosphere and environment was warm and friendly; they look out for their employees. A lot of giveaways and freebie days; I definitely couldnt complain. The only downside is the point system.
Good job but they dont value their employees
Good job but they dont value their employees. The needs of their workers are not a concern and some of the bosses have a very bad attitude with the employees.
Customer Service inbound call center
Customer calls in to check on an order, place an order or ask questions about product.

This company is a great place to work.

They treat their employees very well.
Customers are great. Corporate level is a big problem
As someone with a more knowledge of the law enforcement first, responders industries.
Then 90 percent of the company personal.

They don't know how to properly service this industry. With personal in positions of decision making that doesn't have a clue.

I made the mistake of wasting 3 years. Waiting to be promoted to regional sales Representative or store manager. Not being paid worth my knowledge or experience.

The store manager are awesome and the coworker in the store is awesome. The regional sales rep for the area is horrible. worse salesperson I've ever met has no clue about any of the products has admitted that she's a horrible salesperson bragging about not meeting with customers. Customers call the store looking for her never can get a hold of her according to the customer's horrible responsibilities horrible at responding to emails.

Biggest problem with this company is it is so big it won't get out of its own way. Needs to be independently operated at each location and oversight from a corporate level. But this will never happened with a vice president and a president that have no clue how to run business. Galls will be sold to another hedge fund company as soon as it loses enough money for somebody else to buy it...

This company is more worried about its bottom line than maintaining customer service accuracy delivery of product on time or maintaining the employees that do make a difference and rather pay as low as possible wage to be as high profitable as possible.

I have seen product marked up from 55 to 60%.

The problem with galls is that they're
 - more...
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Gall's has ups and downs and very political
The actual job is not bad. The pay is good, the benefits are bad compared to most competitors. Non matching 401k. The point of sale system is one of the worst in the business and was designed for a warehouse not for building a uniform. Takes months to get efficient with it. Support from management/HR suffers badly. Be prepared for everything to be your fault, regardless of what the situation is. So lack of support from HR was a game changer when dealing with a lot of staff. Exp. If someone comes in late continuously, HR will want to know if you are calling them in the a.m. and waking them up and pleading with them to come in on time. Seriously......

The position is VERY political. If any of the top agencies has a problem with you or Gall's your position will be terminated and refilled. Galls will then say, We have fixed the problem to save the account. Some larger agencies were wanting to do things that are outside of Gall's ability. That didn't matter. Hopefully the company will stop growing so fast and work on stores they have acquired. Good Luck.
Good Job
I was trained in one area when I first came to the company. Then once I worked in that department for a bit. I was trained in other areas of my production department throughout my time there. I was on my feet all day. I worked engraving and there I was sitting all day. It all depends on where you are put if you're sitting or standing all day. I would recommend buying comfortable and supporting shoes.
the stars pretty much speak for me
Highly stressing work environment.
Overtime is not announced until the Thursday prior to the weekend. You only gain three hours of vacation time per month.
No weekends or holidays
Great concept of serving those that serve us (public safety). Disadvantages or working for private equity organizations in that structure is lacking.
Pros
Love work life balance
Cons
No clear direction provided
Definitely a place to learn new job skills
Great company. This is the place to come to learn new skills in a non-traditional retail field. Other than that, this company is poised to dominate a once fractured industry.
Could have been something good
This job started out OK. Too many new owners and managers, and every time the company is purchased by different investors the rules change. The pay is comparable to working fast food, and raises are few and far between. No room for movement or growth within the company. Benefits like 'employee of the month' are frequently taken away to save a buck. For a job that has you working directly with Law Enforcement, Fire, and EMS, you would think they would take better care of their employees. Management and HR seem to prefer a hands off approach to everything. Over all the moral is low and the workers feel very replaceable.
Pros
Mostly set hours with weekends off
Cons
Very low pay, no room for growth in company, policies often change, high pressure
Great place
This company is an awesome place to work I wish I would have never left this company. The company is amazing about customer service and they make sure your family is cared for
Worst place to work ever.
Worst place I ever worked. Management uses the employees as a simples means to an end. Nothing more. After I left, they ended over 100 jobs at the company. Typical corporate BS.
Horrible place to work
Worse place I've ever worked at.Hr will not help u in anyway all they do is cover up any and everything that goes on in that place no need to even try talking to them people oh and u work your butt off a whole year for a 6c cent raise
Poor management low pay high workload
Management is very bad at communication. Changes up the pay structure to benefit the company while hurting employees wages. Being paid less and not to mention most sales people have seen their work load increase 150% without being fairly compensated for it. It was a decent company to work for initially I thought but it is a train wreck now and everyone and I mean everyone now is hitting the eject button now as quickly as possibly
Its nice to have a job but manager to employees are lack of communication.
its easy work, fun work with other employee's. manager's some are cool some are i dont know. they lack of communication with others. and ...........
Initially a great place to work - Then the company culture went a different direction
Our company was purchased by Galls in 2017. I worked there for about 4 years. At first it was similarly paced to what I was used to then in early 2018 more purchases and acquisitions were made. I traveled 3 weeks out of the month to visit old locations or open new ones for about a year. Was always punctual and delivered positive results.

In June 2019 they let go a good chunk of their HQ support staff to mitigate financial losses. All in all - I thought dedication to the job and excellent performance would have made me stand out but they let me go. In retail I understand dollar is king so I "get it" but was still pretty peeved.

Only advice is if they promise you something be wary - there is little to no loyalty if they have to choose between people or money (especially with Gall's new owners).

Positive things to say were the good benefits, travel was fun and the people in my department were awesome to work with. Generally the people at Galls are good. But now it just seems the investors and owners come first now.
Love the place !
Great management and wonderful co workers. Easy to balance dr appointments around work and schooling (within reason). Paid sick time after 3 months and pretty good benefits as well. Honestly an all around good place to work.
a lot of lying from management
Under paid and under appreciated. I would not recommend this job to anyone going to the warehouse. This company's only goal is to buy as many competitors as possible in order to monopolize and increase costs of product at the expense of tax payers. Greedy management with a lack of respect for employees. Work load is high and very low pay.
No room for promotions in the company.
Relaxed environment, friendly co-workers, but there is no room for advancement in the company and the pay is too low. Management was pretty good, never had a problem with them. Just your typical warehouse job with no room for promotion.
Everyone's experience is different
Everyone's experience is different. It depends on your qualities, value and your skills to know whether or not this company is a fit for you. When you enter you enter at your own risk. This can be very fruitful if your skills, abilities and values match the company's design.