Galls LLC Employee Reviews

Great co-workers and customers
Lead Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYAugust 13, 2018
Galls corporate culture was toxic while I was there. They cared more about getting everything from their people and loaded more on them when people left. They seldom filled open positions and instead loaded more responsibilities on those still there. They have lost many of the problems in CS Management but some still remain. Galls LLC cares more about their investors then they do about their employees and customers. Do yourself a favor and look for employment elsewhere.
Pros
Large company, paid less than industry standards, benefits were good, co-workers are great
Cons
Toxic working environment, terrible corporate culture, no advancement, managers in customer service need training in how to manage people
A pretty good place to work with an overall healthy management.
Pick/Pack Associate (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 23, 2018
Galls is a decent warehousing job that does provide sufficient benefits for their full time employees. The pay is pretty good, but could be higher for the hard work that's done throughout certain parts of the warehouse, especially due to the extreme temeperatures in the summer and winter. However, the management is good overall and most supervisors seem to care about their employees and try to do the best they can to make the work environment better. The only real downlow of the job is the constant overtime which can take away from your weekends off and on throughout each month.
Pros
Good managment and comfortable workculture with good benefits
Cons
Alot of overtime, even into Sundays at times and extreme temperatures at the peak of summer and winter
It’s okay
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 13, 2018
Sometimes the customer are rude because they feel intitle to everything . Management really doesn’t care . Some stores are always out of stock . Only once a year you get a .10 raise .
Pros
Healthcare, vacations, Paid Time Off
Cons
No overtime. Not paid enough
The atmosphere is cut throat.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXNovember 24, 2018
I worked for Red the Uniform Tailor in Carrollton Texas as it was transitioning to Galls. The management was 2 faced and back stabbing and lied to the faces of employees. You were “in” while they needed you and once you are deemed “out” by management, they fire you one way or another. In Texas an employee can be fired without being given a reason. A former manager for Galls can become a Police Chief in the area and still be working with Galls in some capacity. That seems like a conflict of interest to me.
Pros
Meeting and helping new customers is great!
Cons
Back stabbing and wage is AWFUL!
fun and hard work
Inbound Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 23, 2018
I would open boxes of merchandise, comfirm that item is correct and right color and number. put in computer put in another box. then send it down the line.
Pros
benefits, ok pay
Cons
not treated fairly
Fast pace environment
Integration specialist District Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYDecember 14, 2018
After being with this company for 6 years was one if the best opportunities I have ever experience. The Room for growth, hard work, and knowledge is something I am proud of gaining through Galls.
Pros
Rooms for Advancement
Cons
Not enough time for my family
Bad Management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 2, 2019
Management comes out of their offices at random, screaming and calling you names in front of customers/officers because work wasn't completed to their standards when theres so many customers that you haven't even had enough time to take a lunch break.Some folks truly don't need to have Manager under their names.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Management, pay
fast paced
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 17, 2018
Fast paced work environment and requires a lot of walking. I learned to pick and pull orders using hand guns to make sure the correct items were allocated. Management is down to earth. People in the work culture are nice. Nothing is hard about the position I am in. I enjoy the people.
Pros
Free water
Cons
Pay is not competive
Worst mistake ever....
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 29, 2018
Growth by acquisition, not development. Horrible apathetic management both sales and operations. Very hostile and political work environment. To correct this would take a complete restructure top down. (If the brokerage that owns this company is paying attention, I would highly recommend you do just that.) Service, processes and communication are horrible. Steer clear, this company is a soul crusher.
Pros
Company discount
Cons
Great customer base, terrible managment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDFebruary 3, 2018
My store was bought out by Galls and then slowly bled dry. After multiple contacts with the regional manager, it was clear the corporate side had no interest in helping this store grow. They will throw you away without a second thought on an impulse decision.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Terrible managment and communications
good place to work
Retail Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNFebruary 15, 2018
busy fast paced environment, lots of resources great benefits learned multiple point of sale systems APD payroll worked with public safety employees everyday met challenging timelines
Environment
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 26, 2018
You can learn a lot and work with good people. The environment is okay. Upper management are okay. The customers are good and bad but you do get to learn who they are.
worst dicision ever made
Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJanuary 2, 2019
I was hired with so many promises, their isn't any respect to any of us. they were always since I started working there understaff. always had to be going to the front to help. ofcourse that will make get on my work.
Pros
health insurance
Cons
poor manegement
Great company
Managed Account REP (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 12, 2018
Great company to work for. Nice employees to work with. Monthly bonus opportunities. Goals are reachable. Management was great to work with. Great atmosphere to work in.
Pros
Great company
Cons
I do not think Galls is the best place to work for.
Accounts Receivable Liaison/AR Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 30, 2018
I am not fond of working at Galls. When someone ask me about employment at Galls I do not recommend them. But I want to move on from there. Even I am employed there is not a place I would like to continue to work for.
Exelent
wearhouse associate (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 12, 2018
Very good place to work very friendly management always ready to help everybody to get ahead in the job many opportunities to improve in their corries
Pros
Lunch is good
Cons
Sick time is very short
Fair
Service Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 12, 2018
Galls is a public safety supplier that provides equipment for the first responders. This company has many products available to them. It is a publicly traded company.
Just say no
manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 10, 2018
You will have SEVERAL interviews with different people, they will drag you through their process over the course of several weeks, and then disappear and stop returning calls and emails. They recently acquired another company and they are disorganized. Their goals are just not realistic or achievable. Just say no
Pros
New to area
Cons
New to area
Was very exciting at first... turned into something else
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 23, 2018
Was a nice place to work at first. A lot of drama and a lot of poor communication. Also a lot of gossip. Upper management is easily swayed by opinion and ignores facts such as merit.
Great place to work!
Tailor (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNApril 25, 2017
Overall a great place to work. Friendly positive environment. Management is professional, friendly, personable, encouraging, proactive... Pay is okay, health benefits are very good and affordable.
I've read some bad reviews about Gall's but none of them apply here. The St. Paul store was independently owned until the fall of 2016 when Gall's acquired the business. Business has increased and customer service improved since the transfer. More opportunities for advancement now.
Pros
Great health benefits, positive management, vacation and holiday pay