Galls LLC Employee Reviews for Order Picker

Fun place to work
Picker (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 8, 2017
The pay is not good in our culture and needed more money to survive other than that it's a really good place to work and the atmosphere is very wonderful and the people are
Pros
Awesome people
Cons
Short breaks
All about the numbers, not the employees
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 27, 2017
Everyday management was only concerned about how much money we could get out of the door. If that meant breaking their own rules of giving a decent notice for overtime then so be it.

There was times id leave at 12:15am on Saturday morning and have to be back in at 6am Sunday. This basically meant i had no weekend as i would have to go to bed early Saturday night and spend most of Sunday sleeping.

Too many chiefs not enough Indians. A phrase that is very true here. If you was rushed and accidentally missed a step in your process. You heard about it from at least 2 different people in management. I have no problem being told when i made a mistake but be professional about it.
Productive work.
Order Selector/picker/audit loop (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 13, 2017
A typical day at work is trying to help clear product from zone 1 to 4. then go either help in the audit loop or run to audit loop till the end of the night.

what I have learned in a way to sit back observe how I would do things a little different to progress product out the door. learned to 01 pick etc. audit loop. replein and order select.

management in some seems to slack in the idea of "pushing" motivating employees to work hard. communication between leads and management to create a plan to excel productivity within Galls.

co workers are good people some hard working some not as much.

hardest part of the job that I see is the audit loop mianly because it is a two person job at times. or the break system with in a 10 hour schedule.

most enjoyable part is to learn as much as I can.
Pros
free lunches on the weekend. laid back enviroment.
Cons
most weeks its 10 hour shifts with only one day off if were lucky, waiting 3 hours for break, trying to pick up slack from other employees to make it where we dont have to work the weekend.
productive, fun work environment,friendly staff
Kentucky - Picker/stocker (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 5, 2016
You would always have work to do which wasn't bad since the work wasn't to physical demanding and the people made the place lively at night. they showed me how to work a couple different machines, they were really patient on showing me how to work around their old system. My co-workers were amazing and more lively then i thought a night shift would be, working with them was all jokes and laughs while everybody still worked hard.They would make the night fly right by every shift. Not many hard parts of the job besides lifting up pretty heavy boxes since i had experience at amazon prior to this job.The most enjoyable part would be being able to work with the amazing night shift at Galls.
Pros
free lunches every so often when the managers felt generous.
Cons
none really