Gallup Employee Reviews

stressful, but also fun
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEApril 21, 2019
Great place to learn how to handle customers.
There are a lot of dumb people in the world and these dumb people tended to make the job more stressful

Highly recommend for a college job, the full career would drain all those who aren't a manager
Fun working enviornment
INTERVIEWER (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 6, 2019
Gallup was great because of the strengths finder and the daily/weekly/ monthly activities. Every month there is a meeting between all employees and management for progress updates and to announce employee of the month.
Productive and very friendly workers always trying to help each other.
Boilermaker Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXFebruary 24, 2019
Working at gallup was a very nice working expirience.
Very helpfull people always trying to encourage other people to learn and to help each other out.
Good Summer Job
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEFebruary 22, 2019
Its an easy job that pays really well. You'll have days where you get only minimum wage, but I've had days where I made 25 dollars an hour. There's no room for advancement, you can only be an interviewer or a manager. Lots of rules on the surveys that theyre very strict about. The way hours work is you're given a minimum number of hours, and you can work them whenever you like, as long as they get done.
Pros
Good pay, nice people
Cons
Not reliable, not a permanent job
Great mission
Professional Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, NEFebruary 9, 2019
The most enjoyable part of the job is the overall mission. When you talk to people who understand the mission and impact, that is satisfying. Quality is the most important thing; if you have to go slower to make sure you have perfect quality, do that. Generally speaking, the environment is a very friendly and inclusive place.
Pros
Flexibility, pay for performance
Cons
No paid time off, hours of operation
Great culture, terrible architecture and management
Lead System Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 19, 2018
if you like all business logic in stored procs where it won't scale, yet use AWS for scaling, then this is the company for you!
Vacation and holidays are completely and honestly non-existent. You are required to work over time to take any time off.
Pros
developers are friendly and great to work with
Cons
system, management
high pressure
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEDecember 5, 2018
They put a lot of pressure on us to get more surveys and things we couldn't control, my anxiety and depression got really bad. we could take breaks whenever we want but that could affect our percent so even going to the bathroom was stressful.
Excellent
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NENovember 11, 2018
I enjoyed working at Gallup a lot. It was a very clean, well run and respectful place of business. The management treated all employees with lots of respect and were very accommodating. The work was well structured.
Great coworkers and managers
Business Development Consultant (Current Employee) –  RemoteNovember 6, 2018
Work with some of the smartest people and direct managers to BD people are great. Too many decisions made on a whim by leadership in Omaha by people that have never had to sell anything before.
makes a great 2nd job
telephone interviewer (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, NEOctober 21, 2018
worked there for 2 years, got 2 separate notices that they were closing in that time frame (July 2017 and June 2018, they are closing for real now)

you dont get paid time off, ever, "personal days" just reduce the number of hours you have to work in a week

quota standards are unrealistic, especially on full time, and you will make minimum wage if you dont meet them

if you're trying to find something in the evenings to make some extra money, this is perfect. if you're an adult trying to pay your bills, look elsewhere
Fun place to work if you can multi-task
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 29, 2018
Managers are pretty lenient as long as you complete the quotas of surveys per hour. Can eat, do other work, and talk to your peers. Very chill job. Would recommend
Wish I NeverLeft
Talent Management Consultant and Executive Coach (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 25, 2018
Gallup is truly a Strengths-Based culture. People take the time to get to know you before they put you on a project to make sure you are a good fit for the work. They have the best culture of any management consulting firm in the industry
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Losing eminence in the market
There was good people there that I will miss , but I just dont like how low active it was
Telephone Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NESeptember 18, 2018
It is a good workplace to be in, everyone is so nice there. The job was just too slow paced for me to continue working. Its a good place to work if you would prefer to be not active.
Pros
relaxed work space
Cons
shorter breaks, have to keep dialing or performance level goes down
I absolutely loved!!
Phone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, NESeptember 12, 2018
This job was probably one of the best that I have ever had. Extremely courteous and very well organized. This job is very fast paced and very rewarding. I learned so much well being there and all of it was Amazing. If you ever get the opportunity to be apart of this team take it!!
competitive and entertaining
Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 10, 2018
I would call numbers generated by a computer and ask specific questions to receive unbiased answers. i learned advanced technological skills and communication. it was a fairly competitive workplace.
Pros
quiet workplace
Cons
focus on weekly turnouts
Gallup
Translations Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 6, 2018
Good work culture, flexible work hours, strength based hiring process. The company of the last 5-7 years has struggled with the changing business climate and where they fit in that market.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
direction company is moving
Wouldn’t have left if they didn’t stop operation in my hometown
Call Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston TexasSeptember 2, 2018
Work environment was very good. Everyone was so helpful and loved to push you to do better. We all worked as a family. Our management was very helpful as well as they loved to push you to help reach your goal and to do better.
Very Productive
Telephone Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 29, 2018
Gallup was a very professional job, that was a quick passed and we would be given one break. We would have to conduct surveys over the phone and be patient with the clients.
Good Place
Gallup Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, NEAugust 6, 2018
This was a good place for college kids that were in school but also needing to make more money to pay for classes and books. They provided surveys to call the people in America for opinions but not every caller was welcoming so survey's were not easy to get answered. You will sit down and start calling and your day would consist of just that.
Great Company culture!
Telephone Interviewing Associate (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEAugust 3, 2018
I had many friends working here. Great student job with EXTREMELY flexible hours. Most managers were caring and easy to work with. Job itself was stressful, but they provided exceptional understanding and allowed you to decompress if needed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gallup. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

4.4InHerSight Score

4.3Personal Development

4.6Career Opportunities

4.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight