Galveston County Health District Employee Reviews

Medical Records Clerk
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXSeptember 13, 2018
Pulled patient's charts for next day appointments. Copied medical records for patients as requested. Multi-line phone system. Assisted Dr's with patient's charts.
Try somewhere else
Manager (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXJuly 23, 2018
The work/life balance was bad. Family is not seen as okay by management. Also, the impression they want you to see is of a laid back place but they micromanage everything. The CEO has to approve every order, even for paperclips and pencils. Good ole boy system for promotions.
Pros
Good coworkers (in the trenches, that is)
Cons
Old management style, very backstabbing
Unsupportive management
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXJuly 10, 2018
Company was more focused on who made mistakes rather than the teamwork to get the jobs done. Unsupportive management, poor training, and unproductive work setting with open cubicles in a large group environment with a lot of traffic in and out of the office.
Pros
Great benefits, healthcare and retirement
Cons
Poor work setting and no teamwork
Lab/xray supervisor (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXFebruary 5, 2018
Job had potential for new beginnings. Job was far away from home.
Not enough power delegated to supervisor position. Wanted to make more changes in own dept. Would have liked to have been allowed to work with my staff without interference more often.
Pros
Lots of interesting duties
Cons
Not enough time to make changes
Good work environment.
Director of Environmental Health Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  La Marque, TXJanuary 25, 2018
Good cross training, team building skills, management was hands on when the workload required. The hours varied when workload increased. I would recommend this area to others.
Pros
Team environment
Cons
health insurance was poor quality
Mediocre
Events and Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXJune 27, 2017
Working for the health District could be exciting at times but the beaucracy can put a damper on the experience. To get anything approved it requires an act of congress
Immunization Case Manager/Immunization Clerk (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXJune 14, 2017
Since some management members do not know what having children is if not they're older now...be more considerate of your dedicated employees. Without each of them you would not have anything to offer the facility. Treat others the way YOU like to be treated and all the patients MUST be treated if they were kin to one. No one is more or less than the other. Insured , self pay low income, rich....they're as human as …
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
A fair place to work
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXMay 29, 2017
This was a fair place to work. I enjoyed my job until my Direct Supervision decided it was time for me to leave. Very poor supervision by someone who was poorly trained for their job.
Pros
Good culture of people
Cons
Pulled medical records for daily and upcoming appointments
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXMay 22, 2017
A typical day in the medical records department was very fast paced, i would deliver patient records to the doctor for the upcoming appointments for that day. I would also retrieve records for out of facility request and pull for the upcoming appointments
Not very good management.
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXJanuary 25, 2017
Worked there for a few months and while I was there my supervisor was gone half the time. The patients arent very friendly. The company only cares about the number of patients in the door and not about your safety or sanity. The best part though was my fellow Dental Assistant and the Doctor's their. They were all very helpful and nice. Every other department there is only their for themselves and will lie to management. If you ever have any issues there they won't ask you your side of the story they will just believe whatever they hear and fire you.
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
Supervisors, Management, Pay.
Gems
Former member (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXJanuary 17, 2017
Galveston County EMS use to be one of the premier places to work, everyone who worked here was at their top of their game. Equipment was top notch. Pay was lousy very much under paid and benefits for low.
Under this new management, it will take time to be a better place to work.
Pros
Cons
Low wage and benefits
Safe Job
Electronic Records Specialist (Current Employee) –  Galveston, TXSeptember 7, 2016
I love working here and I love what I do but the pay is terrible and the benefits are not so great for someone like me who has a lot of health issues. For the most part we all get along and management is the best.
Pros
I love what I do
Cons
The pay and benefits are terrible
great community place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXAugust 29, 2016
it was fun place to work. I got my foundation started with this company. I was able to get my hands wet in different areas of medicine. We was like one big happy family
Pros
pot lucks and training
Cons
salary wasnt great
Great place to start a career
Medical Administrative Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXAugust 14, 2016
Worked as an intern here. The associates were very pleasant and helpful to work with. I learned the daily functions and operations of health administration and was strongly encouraged to apply once I received my degree.
Electronic Referral Specialist (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXSeptember 24, 2015
I loved my job and how I helped others. I would love to go back to that exact position. A lot of the staff there could do away with a lot of drama but I guess it comes with the work.
Mix feelings
Patient Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TexasOctober 8, 2014
This place is something else (not in a bad way). You will have to deal with crazy people and there is no security. Managements is not bad. When I worked there I had a good manager. She cared and wanted to help us the employees, but couldn't do much. I made good friend in the job. There are also some lazy co-workers just like any were else. The hardest part of the job was dealing with some patients.
Pros
Teacher's Retirement
Cons
Crazy People screaming at you
Great Place to work
Intern. Health Records Dept. (Former Employee) –  Texas CitySeptember 12, 2014
The environment is friendly and they believe in team work. Facility is nice and well equipped.
interesting
LVN (Current Employee) –  Texas City, TXMarch 7, 2014
It is a great place to learn it is very culturally diversified.
Pros
one hour lunch
Cons
Average work place with great job security
Costumer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXDecember 13, 2012
Supervisors are very helpful.
Co-workers are all friendly.
Fast paced, high stress customer service position
Patient Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Texas City, TXApril 26, 2012
Cashier/Financial Screener. Collect co-payments/clinic fees and check patients in for their medical or dental appointments. Schedule appointments for walk-ins. Balance out cash drawer and prepare bank deposit. Financially screen patients for discounted services and apply sliding scale fee to their chart. Verify insurance (both private and medicaid/medicare).