GAME Employee Reviews

gamestop
Forklift Operator/Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Shepherdsville, KYJanuary 9, 2018
started off as a picker then quickly made my way to fill Active/stocker which is filling empty slots. or replenish product in which need's to be picked and after that was done help assist in picking or packing. then moved replenishment driver/order picker and our team was in charge of supply all stock. to the pickers and fill Activator's also assisting in special projects directed by the managers or supervisor. I was able to obtain perfect attendance award twice for being at work one hour prior to scheduled time.the work place was amazing the different culture and new people and different point of view ect also management was always respectful and very friendly and helpful the hardest part about the job honestly I didn't think there was anything hard to me.
Pros
i worked around gaming memabilla and gameing systems and product relaited
Cons
it was little too far of a drive
Review
Managment (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 27, 2017
Good people work there which make it a good place to be.

*Learned how to learn a new industry
*Learned to create win \ win situations or at least
*The work is interesting
gamestop
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXNovember 14, 2017
this company is a good company reason for leaving because I moved to California. Paid weekly but enough hours because I was hired through a staffing agency. Hours were cut short until your fully hired from company
Calm Environment
Advisor (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAOctober 30, 2017
Workplace was always calm and relaxed, everyone was able to be themselves. I was able to build bonds with my coworkers and some customers. Very fun place to work at, especially for teens.
it was nice
Sales (Former Employee) –  Garwood, NJSeptember 26, 2017
i really liked it it was a nice place to work everyone was friendly and i felt comfortable in the environment i didn't mind working there at all it was great
atmosphere de trabajo divertido con agua gratis
game operator (Former Employee) –  New jerseySeptember 10, 2017
When I was in US last summer ıt was so hot and I had to wait and talk with customers and convince them to play my games. It was so hard because I had an alergic to polens and sometimes I felt exhausted.

Cuando estaba en Estados Unidos el verano pasado estaba tan caliente y tuve que esperar y hablar con los clientes y convencerlos de que jugaran mis juegos. Fue tan difícil porque tenía un alergic a polens ya veces me sentía agotado.
Easy and relaxed
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Chester, OHAugust 28, 2017
"In an easy and relaxed manner, and, in a healthy and positive way." This is the motto of owner. So, the atmosphere is conducive for creativity and productivity. The work is always new and evolving. The hardest part is going home.
Pros
atmosphere, doing new things
Cons
can be overwhelming
Great place if.....
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Stafford, UKJuly 27, 2017
You like to be competative, its a faced pace enviroment with a great culture. However you need to have a passion for video games. Ability to sell is a must, being friendly and helpful is fully encouraged.
Productive and fun work environment
Co- Owner (Current Employee) –  Sicklerville, NJOctober 11, 2016
The owners are focused and fun to be around. They offer flexible schedules and remote work. The hardest part of the job is handling request for some of the celebrities they handle. the most enjoyable part of the job is working with celebrities and getting a in depth view of the entertainment business
Intense Film Production
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 8, 2016
Although most workdays were an overwhelming 12-16 hour days, 6 days a week - I loved the hustle and bustle that each day there was something new to look forward to.
Pros
Free lunch, interchanging locations, great people
Cons
long, intense hours, unorganized, unstructured
Nice place to work
Customer Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Southampton, MAJune 2, 2016
I enjoyed my time at Multiplay. A typical day included helping a large number of customers through ticket and live chat interfaces with issues surrounding the operation of their game servers. I learned some new techniques regarding the rapid deployment of game updates to a large number of servers (often 20-30, or more, machines on 5 separate continents). Both management and my co-workers were an absolute blast, and the environment was light-hearted and fun. The hardest part of the job was managing the number of issues that would crop up, as we'd often face several hundred new tickets a day - not including the live support requests - with only two or three people on staff. The most enjoying part of the job was researching new and creative solutions to problems we had never seen, and implementing fast and efficient fixes for them.
Pros
Telecommuting, Nice schedule, Fun environment
Cons
Too few staff, responsibilities kept changing
fun
Game and sound technician (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILApril 6, 2016
fun environment always changing lots of help and friendly people
can always find a helping hand and you will always get to finish jobs.
Training for possitions are non existant here.
SALES MANAGER/EVENT COORDINATER (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHFebruary 24, 2016
When hired on I was told I would receive on the job training as well as resources needed to plan major parties/events. But then received nothing in the way of guidance or training, and defiantly had no resources to work with.
Typical work enviorment
Director of Safety and Social Compliance (Former Employee) –  Phenix City, ALAugust 14, 2015
Upper management is not very hands on. The leave the day to day duties to middle management. But the level of professionalism and ability in this area is not very strong. The hardest part of the my job as safety director was to get management on board with changes and mandates that needed to be implemented, Anything that took time away from generating sales or shipping product was seen as unnecessary.
Pros
Lenient on personal time for family and school age children
Cons
Very little if any support from management regarding work related issues
poor management
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phenix City, ALMay 6, 2015
if you work here it is all a matter of who (personally) likes you and nothing to do with your work performed and/or qualifications. Management leaves something to be desired, not a single person in management has any prior management experience or skills; again these positions have been filled on the "who personally likes you" basis - bad business all together. I would not recommend this company to anyone looking for employment.
Pros
the founder of the company does hold prayer on the anniversary of the company every year
Cons
too many to type out
Great place to work!
Game management (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAApril 12, 2015
Its and awesome place to work especially if you love being around sports and people. I've been able to meet and help so many people working for this university. The job at times has very long hours depending on the sport but it is well worth it. The work atmosphere is one of the best I have been apart of. Everyone is so versatile as well, because in athletics nothing is ever quite the same in some aspects of the job. You can never predict how players, fans, official, or the weather will be, so you always have to be alert and on your toes. Easily the most enjoyable part of the job is the staff, the athletes, and the fans. They make it easy to go to work every day!
Pros
Great connections, great work atmosphere, always around sports
Cons
At times long hours, sometimes you have to work holidays
Fun and Relaxed Environment
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAApril 6, 2015
Good company with a huge emphasis on staff doing what they love, talking about gaming. The staff in the store I worked at got along great and couldn't say a bad thing about it. Pay could have been a bit better though.
Productive business
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 12, 2013
It was well organized, busy throughout the week. Fast work pace. The employee's are welcoming they were just like family.