GAMETIME Employee Reviews

Bad Work Environment
GROUP SALES DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 12, 2018
Disingenuous management promoting a hostile work environment. A lot of manipulative comments, teasing and discrimination intended to make employees feel worthless and meek. Even worse on guests. Several complaints from customers on daily basis on service, food and hospitality
Pros
games
Cons
service, discrimination, attitude
It is a great part-time position
Game Card Seller/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 19, 2018
Many of my coworkers were not passionate for the job. It was just a way to make money The pay was okay and we got a free meal and unlimited drinks while on shift.
Tiring but worth it
Event Server (Former Employee) –  South Miami, FLApril 30, 2018
It took a lot of multi-tasking and always being on the ball but at the end of the day no matter what position you were in you found some sort of happiness to what you were doing.It is a place surrounded by kids and at the end of the day everything you are doing is for them to have a good time
Outside FUN with Kids
Day Camp Leader (Former Employee) –  Durango ColoradoFebruary 23, 2018
This company was fantastic to work for as you were well supported and communication was great! This gave me a true love for working with children and especially getting to teach them how to engage with the great outdoors!
Pros
Outside every day
Cons
Pay could have been better however, the city was going through crisis
Gametime
Welder (Current Employee) –  Fort Payne, ALJanuary 20, 2018
It's a fast pace working enviroment. Building play ground equipment. It's a good job, enjoy working with the company, though they have many Lay Offs and I have to support a family. The company is quite good.
Pros
Good breaks, nice people
Cons
Lay off too much.
Terrible job
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 17, 2017
Managment dont know how to treat employees for example one day i started my shift they had not been selling Alfredo all day a customer went to order i told them we were out the gm lynn came back and cussed me and other cook out and told us we are not to tell people we aint got it to make it but they hadnt all day . fathers day we was running out of product. Come bonus time she fires a bunch of employees to get more on bonus and maintains minimum to no stock
Pros
In ybor
Cons
Everyrhing
Customer service / cook
Customer Service Representative / Cook (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 16, 2017
Had a great experience working at game time dealing with customers greeting customers exceeding on high expectations on the food delivery timing also on being a cook never had a complain in regards to customer needs for food.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Great atmosphere poorly ran and manged.
Yes man (Former Employee) –  Ft. Myers, FLAugust 14, 2017
Nothing like doing the work for people that get paid more than you to be unappreciated and disregarded. Plus when the owner values guest more than employees you know you are in the wrong spot.
Pros
Coworkers
Very Fun!
Bartender/waitress (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 21, 2017
This place is located in Ybor, so it is very fun and super busy at all times! You come in to work with a good nights rest and ready to work hard, because this place just comes with it.
Graphic Designer
Graphic Design Artist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 8, 2017
design logos for t-shirts, sweatshirts, jersey's and jackets, maintain computer network, and make outgoing correspondence pertaining to merchandise orders.
Pros
Working Independently
Cons
Instability
Tons of work no appreciation
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 27, 2017
Gametime was a fun place to work to start. As time went by it became a mess. So many contradiction on a daily basis from the owner. He never appreciate all we did as managers. God forbid you get a complaint from a rude guest he hold that against you instead of actually taking the time to find our side of the issue.
It seems like the harder you work for him the less you get back in return...
Pros
Fun environment. Great employees.
Cons
Benifits. Compensation. Long hours. Horrible owner
Wonderful place to work until last round of acquisitions
Senior Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Payne, ALJanuary 22, 2017
Great place to work until last round of acquisitions brought in new management with no understanding of Gametime traditions and culture. Had a wonderful boss for over 20 years there, super supportive and a great friend and mentor.
Pros
Great support from I/T manager, top notch people in plant and office
Cons
Last management
Strong Team but the turnover lead to some issues
Host (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 29, 2016
Pros:
-Worked well with the first wave of employees
-Fun atmosphere
-Cheap food on my breaks

Cons:
-Poor hiring decisions towards the end
-Left work around 2 in the morning
-Picked up a lot of slack from my coworkers
Pros
fun environment
Cons
should of had higher standards for the employees they hired
Fun, busy, super productive
Line Cook/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 11, 2016
My nights would start with checking the line, restocking if necessary, taking inventory then proceeding with the night rush. Mostly working grill and saute, when our manager wasn't in I would be acting manager/supervisor. Most nights were slow but productive, but it was a very fun environment to work in.
Poor Leadership
Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 2, 2016
Fun place to work, however Leadership is overworking employees as well as under paying them for the work they want done. As a kitchen manager there I was working 12-14 hour days more than my salary requires which is not a problem however when you are working an average of 20 plus hours over and not being compensated.
ok
Cook- Work (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 4, 2014
I can work anything. I worked as a line cook as well as prep foods and open and close kitchen
I am the GTCad Coordinator at GameTime. Help maintain a custom cad software called GTCAD.
GTCad Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Payne, ALMay 5, 2013
Currently at GameTime I am a part of a team that creates and maintains a custom Cad program called GTCad for our representatives in the field. The representatives use this software to create custom proposals for their customers. My main responsibilities in this group are to check the files created by the GTCad Associate and to release them to the representatives once they are complete. I also have to create the images of the different products for our website and catalog using 3DS Max and Photoshop (CS6). Another important part of my responsibilities is to support our representatives with our GTCad, GTRep, and 3DS Max programs.
Pros
Equipment, Good Boss, Understandable if haveing to take off.
Cons
Pay
Very fun place to work
Game floor host (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 30, 2013
GameTime is the most fun place to work. Theres great games all over the place. The resturant and food service is great. You get to interact with guest and customers to ensure the have the best time of their lives and they do. The staff and co-workers are great. Its a family friends knit kind of bond. we all have so much fun. Ive learned and seen so much at GameTime. It was an awesome experince.
Pros
you get discounts on food and games, when your off the clock of course. you get to meet famous people.
Cons
theres no advancement or benefits packages, in the company