Gander Mountain Employee Reviews

Found 1,010 reviews matching the search See all 1,014 reviews
Its a great place to work. Love interacting with the customers
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Dickson City, PAFebruary 18, 2019
Im typically the closer so i need to make sure everything is stocked, clean customer service area and vacuum. Make sure everything is swept and restock market place
Pros
Discount and nice people
Cons
No raises
Interesting product and fun place to work
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 12, 2019
I really liked most of the people I worked with and loved the product. I enjoyed learning from coworkers, customers and through personal research about the product.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
It could get busy to the point we did not have enough help
Good Job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INFebruary 10, 2019
Gander Outdoors is a good job. Most of the employees are awesome people to spent 4 to 8 hours working with. Getting to meet new people as well as seeing people you know stop in is great.
It is very cool to have a good working relationship with your co-workers. Most of the management are awesome to work with. There is one however who can be very disrespectful towards the employees. He also refuses to work with part time employees availability.
Overall because I have a helpful personality I try to ignore any negatives and focus on the positives.
Pros
Meeting new customers
Cons
The head store manager unwillingness to understand availabilitys
I loved thos place when i first started...
Front End Manager (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 5, 2019
I loved working there when I first started. As I started trianung people and taking on more responsibility I felt like the pay should increase as well but it dis not and soon enough I was training many people who made more that I did.
Cons
They are closed now
Felt like family
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYFebruary 2, 2019
Gander Mountain was a very hard working company and everyone worked together to make it one big store. Everyone was understanding and willing to help one another in any way possible.
Everday Motives
Sales Associte (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 26, 2019
the only thing GanderMTN would ask of us is inform customers the quality of the products they are looking at, and develop methods to sale new products that customers may need to know about. ,
Pros
Great Environment for Outdoorsman and Families
Cons
No Comission
Stores are closed
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INJanuary 25, 2019
The stores are closed. It doesn't matter the company was bought out and is run under a different name and most stores are closed. I will keep telling you it was not run well by the CEO.
Overall the job was enjoyable. Customers and fellow employees were the best part.
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 24, 2019
Decent starting wage, raises only come in the form of promotion (limited opportunities for advancement due to lack of company growth.). My location was closed and the employees laid off due to poor marketing.
Pros
Good training, friendly customers and coworkers.
Cons
Poor company planning for location and limited advancement opportunities.
fun place to work well it lasted
sales (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 23, 2019
gander mtn was a fun place to work and i was able to help people in almost every department. i wasn't restricted to only my department. unfortunately gander mtn no longer exists and i don't know what it is like at gander outdoors
Good first job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJanuary 21, 2019
This was a perfect first job for me, teaching me the responsibilities of showing up to work on time, having a good work ethic, not calling in and managing my finances.
Pros
discounts
Cons
bad management.
Operation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXJanuary 20, 2019
Management was great in Spring TX. People were always willing to help each other. Got transfer to Bowling Green KY later then management went down hill. But the associates were still there to help. I worked in the Office so I did a lot of paperwork and payroll. Very busy and a lot of work for one person but I wouldn't have changed that one bit.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor management at the end
Productive and fun enviornment
FIREARMS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXJanuary 10, 2019
Was a very fast paced and enjoyable environment. was a great part time job for being a full time college student. they were very flexible with my schedule.
Fast pace and always changing
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, INJanuary 7, 2019
12 plus hours supervising a staff that was responsible for stocking all incoming products.
Newer technology for distribution facility.
Management was very day / night shift split. Each shift was close but their was a distinct dislike between the shifts that was promoted by upper management.
Long hours.
Allowed to manage with little guidance.
Pros
Great product
Cons
Management culture of shift dislike of each other.
Enjoyed working at Gander Mtn
Firearms Associate (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAJanuary 5, 2019
I enjoyed working in the Firearms department because I liked meeting people and helping them choose the correct firearm. I would still be there if the store was still open.
Pros
Fun job
Cons
pay
Gander Mountain Review
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLDecember 26, 2018
The job itself is retail and the hours are always crazy during the holidays. I liked the management team and other staff that I worked with no big complaints. Only thing is no really great employee benefits.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Employee Benefits
Hires within
Store Operations Compliance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNDecember 26, 2018
They tend to undervalue employees that have experience and look for ways to hire from within, while also low balling you on pay. Got offered a promotion with added responsibilities and a team of 5 employees. They wanted me to take a pay cut to have the position.
Gander Outdoors Firearms Sales
Firearms Sales Associate and Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, TXDecember 21, 2018
I greatly enjoyed the time I had at Gander Outdoors as a Firearms Sales Associate. My managers were helpful and willing to listen and implement to new ideas. They appreciated my scope of knowledge and experience, drawing on it routinely to answer departmental questions. I will miss the job and the folks I worked with.
Pros
Fun job, good people, paid well.
Cons
Unrealistics sales goals.
great guns and gear
Firearms Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXDecember 20, 2018
new store to central texas in 2015, didnt think it out well for a military town, could have incorporated an indoor range for new purchaces, to large for the demographics, could have retailored and stuck around, now just a big empty place
great hours when opening, but cut hours after grand opening, etc...
Pros
employee discount
Cons
few hours and no recognition of higher learning
Gander family
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INDecember 19, 2018
I worked at Gander for 12 years, helped set my store up and of course take it down. I made friends and they became my Gander family. I was hired in as customer service but during the setting up phase got promoted to receiving. I worked myself up to zone supervisor before it closed. I also did all the signage and ad sets for the entire store. I learned so much while employed and my experience has given me the opportunity to be a store manager at my current employment.
Pros
Flexible schedule, employee discount
Cons
Lack of communication and not giving back to the community
Great for A first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Utica, MIDecember 18, 2018
Great for a first job ,really has a flexible schedule and if you Like camping, hunting, and fishing it a great place to work plus the in store discount where great up to %25 off.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gander Mountain. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight