Gander Mountain Culture reviews

Found 248 reviews matching the search See all 1,036 reviews
Fun, family
OPERATIONS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNApril 4, 2019
Awesome people to work with. Customers appreciate the service we provided. Treated like family. I was able to help further their careers. Fun place to work where everyone enjoyed the same hobbies.
Pros
discounts
Fun
Firearms Associate (Current Employee) –  Coldwater, MIMarch 5, 2019
Had a great time working and enjoyed coming in and doing the job. I cannot express how much respect I have for my managers and all of the support people that I have.
miss it
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMarch 1, 2019
working here was great. wish they could have stayed open. loved my manager and my team. everyone friendly and kind. great work life balance. very understanding.
Good Job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INFebruary 10, 2019
Gander Outdoors is a good job. Most of the employees are awesome people to spent 4 to 8 hours working with. Getting to meet new people as well as seeing people you know stop in is great.
It is very cool to have a good working relationship with your co-workers. Most of the management are awesome to work with. There is one however who can be very disrespectful towards the employees. He also refuses to work with part time employees availability.
Overall because I have a helpful personality I try to ignore any negatives and focus on the positives.
Pros
Meeting new customers
Cons
The head store manager unwillingness to understand availabilitys
Fast pace and always changing
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, INJanuary 7, 2019
12 plus hours supervising a staff that was responsible for stocking all incoming products.
Newer technology for distribution facility.
Management was very day / night shift split. Each shift was close but their was a distinct dislike between the shifts that was promoted by upper management.
Long hours.
Allowed to manage with little guidance.
Pros
Great product
Cons
Management culture of shift dislike of each other.
Enjoyed working at Gander Mtn
Firearms Associate (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAJanuary 5, 2019
I enjoyed working in the Firearms department because I liked meeting people and helping them choose the correct firearm. I would still be there if the store was still open.
Pros
Fun job
Cons
pay
Great for A first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Utica, MIDecember 18, 2018
Great for a first job ,really has a flexible schedule and if you Like camping, hunting, and fishing it a great place to work plus the in store discount where great up to %25 off.
Fire Arms Sales
Fire Arms Salesman (Former Employee) –  Hixson, TNDecember 13, 2018
I enjoyed every aspect of the position. I had dedicated customers that would wait to see me even if I was off the day they came in. I loved the environment due to how friendly everyone was. We worked as a team every second of the day.
Fun and laid back
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNNovember 15, 2018
Gander Mountain was such a fun place to work. Everyone was very friendly and easy to work with. I enjoyed learning about the stores and the products they sale.
Gander Mountain
Pricing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLNovember 12, 2018
A typical day consisted of running pricing reports to see what items have a change in cost, check date of upcoming sales ad and prepare signage, printed signs, labels, and tags to match all items. I learned that a lot more about what the store had to offer than most of the operations of each department.

Management was rotating, you would have managers trade their management positions in for a general position. The management was not that great of leadership ie leading to failure of the business.

The all around culture or environment was not very diverse. The hardest part of the job was meeting deadlines for sales ads due to outdated system.

The most enjoyable part of the employment was the customers and the employees were all a pleasure to assist and work with.
Pros
work hours
Cons
outdated technology
Best company I ever worked for!
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  York, PAOctober 17, 2018
Amazing Pay & Benefits. Would recommend this job to anyone who loves the outdoors! Flexible with schedules & management is so friendly. Always left with a smile
Pros
Great environment & amazing managers
Cons
Schedule change every week
Enjoyed the staff
FIREARM SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INOctober 4, 2018
Management allowed for flexible hours
Coworkers helped each other for sales and meeting goals
The store was one of the top in Indiana for firearm sales which I was a part of.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Must handle multitasking well
Great job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILSeptember 13, 2018
Very great atmosphere. All management and staff were very friendly and very rarely were there unhappy customers. Very safe and clean place to work. Great starter job or career opportunities.
Soft Lines Manager (Former Employee) –  VASeptember 6, 2018
great place to work but they are not in business anymore. I had a wonderful time with my co workers and employees I stay in contact still with all my people
Independent working posisitons
Pricing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lake Park, FLSeptember 1, 2018
I enjoyed the ability to work independently setting ads and setting acrylics to reflect. Majority of the staff got along and worked well together. It was an okay place t work
I loved it here
Cashier/ Sales-floor (Former Employee) –  Muncy, PASeptember 1, 2018
The co workers and management were great! Rules are like any other typical job, just do what you’re told and you’ll be set! Great place to have worked.. sadly they closed down
my experence
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 29, 2018
i loved working at Gander Mountain. It was very laid back, and fun place to work. The coworkers and customers were all so friendly. i truly wish this company never closed.
Pros
everything
Cons
none.
Best job I ever had
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Coldwater, MIAugust 21, 2018
People were friendly, job was great. Good work environment and positive atmosphere. Good management, would definitely recommend working here to anyone I know.
Fun
Soft lines manager (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJuly 30, 2018
Fun place to work. Great environment. They went out of business. Miss the employees and the customers and talking outdoor sports.
So I can’t really recommend working there
fun and slow
Footwear Associate (Former Employee) –  Muscle Shoals, ALJuly 24, 2018
well they no longer have Gander Mountain ... the mangers where great so was the other workers but they did not follow procedures very well, had miss communication issues.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gander Mountain. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight