Gander RV & Outdoors
53Below average

Gander RV & Outdoors Employee Reviews

Found 1,196 reviews matching the search
I loved working at Gander RV. They are very flexible with schedules and family oriented. There are not really any good benefits besides time off and some paid Holidays. Overall it was a pleasure working there.
Pros
Work and life balance
Cons
expensive healthcare
ManagementIn general, managers at Gander RV & Outdoors do not care about employees. Hide a lot and cannot be found. Safety is an afterthought here and the managers will ask you to use unsafe equipment and to do illegal things.
This place will work you to death and I pay you, unless your selling 10 RV’s a month you will never make above your hourly pay. They post sales later so they don’t pay commission all at once and forget about having days off you still have to come in on your days off to help your delivery’s.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
no weekends, management, pay, everything
Could be a great place to work,but again there is many laws being violated here,the on site H.R. has no back ground or experience and no authority to make things better (not her fault I must add)
Cons
Floor supervisor and his minion are our of control in Lebanon, In.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
The location I worked at ended up closing, as did every other location that did not carry RVs. Corporate chose to double down on RVs even though the market has drastically declined the past several years. Most locations seem to be getting out of firearm sales which seems short sighted as well. If you're passionate about selling RVs then it's probably a great place to work.
Cons
Google the CEO, shady business deals and misleads shareholders
I started at Camping World which became Gander RV. I was xferred to the Gander Outdoors building. Over 90% of the phone calls - anywhere from 150 to 300+ in a 7 hour day - with NUMEROUS interruptions - were for RETAIL. People come to the desk and want to check out - even with a receptionist desk-sign. People want you to look up prices - over and over, I had to explain that I could not since I was not retail. These people got upset with ME because of the inefficiency of management. This job caused me horrendous stress - I had to start taking medication just to cope with it AFTER I was xferred to Gander Outdoors building. I was called the air traffice controller - but without the pay. They expect you to work professionally in a non-professional environment. If you try to make suggestions, you are chewed out. RV management sucks - the GM was fired after 3 years of stupidity, the new one is almost as bad. I do NOT recommend this job to ANYONE. After 3+ years I finally found a less stressful receptionist position.
Pros
Good starting pay, but hard to get raises. Met a lot of very nice RV people, both customers and visitors.
Cons
Poor management (RV side), If you get sick - there's no one to take your place, Then they act like you got sick on purpose.
This place was okay at first. I had been there a long time. They promote people that don't deserve it and leave their loyal employees hanging. On a constant basis. The management is un predictable and un able to communicate between departments. There is constant harassment, racism, discrimination, etc. Its toxic. Dont work here.
Pros
You get to stay a few hours later if someone makes a sale. Even if you have plans after work!
Cons
They dont give a **** about their team members.
The energy when opening up the store was very exciting, but it rapidly declined due to some of the employees and customers showing resentment towards my race. Talking to a manager solved these problems thankfully. The rest of the employees were very friendly and even organized parties in the break room for birthdays.
It is a good place to work if you can work at the cash register. You have to meet their quotas of getting customers to sign up for good Sam memberships or they will threaten to fire you. So if you work in apparel and stock merchandise then you won’t have many chances to pitch these memberships unless you work at the register.
Pros
Good pay, work with schedule
Cons
Must meet quotas even if unreasonable and assigned with other tasks that must also be met.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Gander RV & Outdoors?
Walked in one day and nearly everybody had a new position. Previous person was forbidden to assist you in any way. My previous person had 6+ months to learn the job that I was moved to. I was given less than a month and let go.
Pros
Good equipment.
Cons
You better be a friend or relative of the G.M.
Great place to work, at times can be challenging. Always helpful if needing to take off for something important. Everyone is always ready to lead a hand when lifting something heavy.
Pros
Usually feed everyone on Saturday’s which is nice.
Cons
My 2 days off is Wednesday and Thursday. So be prepared to work weekends.
Don't work here. No one knows what they are doing. You get different answers from everyone and sometimes the boss will give you different answers within an hour.
Pros
Working with people is what i love to do and doing new things at work i am a people person gander outdoors is a good place to work the more you learn the better it wilk be
Seriously, the worst company I’ve ever worked for. I watched many employees quit after not receiving the pay they were promised. Over worked and under paid.
Pros
Publicity traded company with what you would assume opportunity for advancement.
Cons
Misleading, no incentive, long hours, broken equipment, no real leader, rip off
good place to work. high pace with high pay. a little crazy on the good sams though. sometimes customers can be alot to handle but overall there is a lot of good people at gander
Very easy to talk to and understood job very well good people nice work environment enjoyed my job loved the discount was very comfortable working there
Love my co-workers and enjoy enter acting with them and they become like family, being that you’re at work more often than you’re home with your family.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Pile more and more responsibilities on us few who have a strong work ethic
Hours are extremely variable and volatile. Overtime come regularly and is mandatory, with no thought to the strain put on associates. It is a job, but certainly a good place to gain experience.
Pros
Ample overtime
Cons
Seagull management that manages by watching cameras
I put a lot into my work and took on way more then my job description so that I could work my way up to a promotion. For two years we were promised growth opportunities, but were shut down during the pandemic. This company isn't all bad, but our leadership chain was not trustworthy.
Pros
I got to learn about firearms.
Cons
Upper Management was not honest.
Gander mountain is now closed , but while open the company had a good culture , the pay was ok not the best but there insurance was really good , request time offs were honored
All about numbers and nothing else! They will do whatever it takes to sell so to say. No ethics at all! Sell it and don’t worry if they go broke buying it!!’
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Your just a number