Gandolfo's New York Deli Employee Reviews

Good job for teens not adults
Associate (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTAugust 13, 2019
It needs to pay more so adults can live off of what they make there. It can be slow, fast and stressful at times. It's good for a starting job because you can be late take a sick day whenever needed without punishment unless the employee is abusing the system then they will receive a few warning before termination.
Gandolfo’s Spanish Fork
Staff (Former Employee) –  Spanish Fork, UTJuly 30, 2019
Gandolfo’s has amazing sandwiches, but they aren’t the cleanest environment. I worked at Spanish fork Gandolfo’s fo about a year and it was a very messy environment and we were making food! Many employees were also payed minimum wage although they have worked there for many years.
okay place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJanuary 1, 2019
Gnadolfos was a fun and extremely interesting place to work, filled with fun people and amazing food. The customers were amazing and vendors were so sweet.
Pros
fun, good food.
Cons
bad ownership
Good for a teenager
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Vernal, UTSeptember 25, 2018
Good job for someone going through high school. Not a very stressful job and was fairly easy. I learned that leadership leads by example and not just giving orders without working with you.
Pros
Good for early ages and introduction to work
Cons
Low pay, cut hours.
easy chill job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Spanish Fork, UTJune 22, 2018
you'd show up, clean the dishes, take orders, make orders, and leave. Super easy super great. I really enjoyed the people I worked with (well most of them) and the pay was pretty good for what it was.
Was a decent place to be your first job
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Roosevelt, UTApril 2, 2018
It was a decent place for someone to work who has never worked before. If you have never had a job before it is a good place to learn work place responsibilities.
Great food for guests which we all eat as well
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAFebruary 13, 2018
Every day at work was an adventure. We always strive to improve both service and quality. We make an effort to get to know all of our customers on a first name basis so we are able to greet by name on the way in and thank them on the way out.
Pros
Great work enviroment
Its ok
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  63rd centerJanuary 23, 2018
I wouldnt work there again but thats jus my personal opinion. I did like the manager but not the owner. The sandwiches are good best ive ever had but hard to remember all of them when your working.
calm and manageable workplace
Cook/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 8, 2017
made sandwiches preped food mopped floors made cake made salads stocked ice stocked chips took out trash ran cash register ran drive thru worked on grill
Cons
hours
fun to work there
cashier, customer service, and closing (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 27, 2017
Unfortunately Gandolfo's Deli is no longer in business. It was a fun experience because i got to be part of a brand new restaurant opening. I was involved with most of the decisions as far as placement of equipment and tables and chairs
Pros
new fun place to work. owners were great
Cons
long commute to and from work
Amazing workplace, food and customers!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDSeptember 4, 2017
My typical day was prepping the deli for lunch which included; food prep, stocking, cleaning and management directive. I soared on the register and lived to be one on one with customers. Also I was involved in all the food preparation and making sure deliveries were made. Cleaning was also part of the job and it involved everything from kitchen, bathroom, dining room and winter maintenance.
Do not pay employees
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAJune 2, 2017
This is a franchise business and we went 2 months without pay old owner went and sold both of his locations and still hasn't paid us. Old franchisee is no longer the owner and still hasn't and isn't wanting to pay any of the employees affected by this
Pros
50% off food
Cons
No pay
Fun working environment
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 20, 2017
This was the place where I was tested in operations department where I succeeded successfully. As restaurant environment is always steady and never know what to expect. All customers and employees were happy under my management.
Average Fast Food Job
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Roosevelt, UTApril 21, 2017
When I started at Gandolfo's it had just opened and under new management. It wasn't run super efficiently, but mostly due to it being a new business still trying to work out all the kinks.
I really liked working there it was fun and was a new experience for me
Perform Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Roosevelt, UTApril 18, 2017
our duties were very clearly lined out for us, when I was done with all my duties I would start on the next shifts duties so that I could have their help for when we had our noon time rush, I got to know a lot of new people, I feel like I learned a lot about how to handle conflict and how to solve problems, the hardest part of the job for me was when people wouldn't clean up after themselves.
Pros
discount, and free drinks
Cons
pay
Fun environment.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAFebruary 9, 2017
I loved working at Gandolfos because of the fast paced environment and serving customers was a bliss.
The boss wasn't really always the best representative and we received a lot of complaints because of that but i definitely had fun serving
Decent place to work as part time job
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAJuly 8, 2016
made sandwiches, soups and salads. Prepped food but did not have to work front counter. Store closed only a few months after opening.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Store closed
Intense and Rewarding work place
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Port Orange, FLMay 2, 2016
Typically each day we made deli salads from scratch. Served fresh sliced meats and cheeses on fresh baked breads. It was very rewarding to see our guest enjoy made from scratch foods.
Pros
enjoyable work environment
Cons
poor benefits
decent work place just not a long term job.
crew member (Current Employee) –  11901 pacific street.April 27, 2016
job security is decent, movement in the company and benifits is none. it gets really busy, but i put a lot of work with no rewards. i want a job that is a career based job. it's good for someone in high school or college but not for someone that's trying to find a career. typical days consist of 6;30 to 4 most days if not longer. some 4 hour shifts.I don't enjoy alot bout the job. i really want something different. management is hard to find and i have learned a lot about patience and focus and be accurate. i've learned to be more responsible.
Pros
free lunches and tips at end month
Cons
work tons of hours for a decent pay check. no benifits, no movement in the company.
great first job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAFebruary 1, 2016
steady flow of customers
became a better cashier and learned how the business operated
management needs better training
co-workers are enjoyable very friendly
hardest part of the job is when we can go fast enough for the flow of people walking in
most enjoyable part of the job is being able to make my own sandwich.
Pros
free half sandwich, fun co-workers
Cons
not enough hours