Gannett Employee Reviews

Great company
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Rockaway, NJJuly 19, 2019
It’s a good company to work for even though the newspaper industry is dying. A lot of time off and fair pay. A lot of friendly people here. Management has a lot of experience so they know what they’re doing. I would recommend people to this company if the industry wasn’t on the downturn.
It's okay depending
Marketing Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJuly 19, 2019
All depends on what job you have...shrinking industry but they try hard. Its complicated lots of change. High turnover. Lots of new structure consistently put into place.
Pick and choose
Outbound Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 15, 2019
Working at Gannett was stressful. The staff was unprofessional and Bias. Managers,Supervisors always picked and choosed their favorites. I went in and made my money and went home.
Not the best job, but I got some good experience
N/A (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJuly 14, 2019
I was good at this job, but the workdays would either be fast-paced and overwhelming or extremely slow and boring. On overwhelming days, I often felt as if I was the only person working while everyone around me sat around and talked. It also didn't help that many worked remotely, so it was hard to tell if they were even working at all. On slow days, I questioned why I was even there if there was nothing to do.

I think everyone else was okay with the workplace culture, but I was left out a lot due to being the newest person there and no one made an effort to include me in conversations or anything really, which made the job less enjoyable than it could have been.

Overall, I did gain some good experience from this job and I believe that the skills I learned here can help me moving forward. I just really disliked the pace of this job and how I often felt as if I was the only person actually working.
Bad management
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MIJuly 12, 2019
The work day began at 11pm and it is hustle and bustle until 4 am.
The business was the distribution center for the local newspaper and carriers came to pick up their customer papers for delivery. The warehouse employees had to load their work area with the correct number of papers needed for that route. If a carrier did not come into work, we the management staff had to go and deliver that route.
Everyone was out for themselves. The hardest aspect of the job was having to deliver a route you are not familiar with and in the dark.
I enjoyed this position because I met some nice people.
Very depressing over worked job do not go there I repeat do not go
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INJuly 11, 2019
Suck, low pay and just ridiculous people. Don’t go to this company also a lot of people that’s been there for years don’t have a job they are self destructing
Pros
Cons
Pay, work load
good place to work at
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INJuly 11, 2019
good place to work at. atmosphere is laid back and everyone is friendly and helpful. we had monthly meetings to go over things that needed to be improved or new items.
Toxic Work Environment
DATACENTER OPERATIONS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 10, 2019
Company just outsourced IT Dept's. Gannet is circling the toilet drain as a company. Losing more valued employees on a daily basis. Poor compensation.
Easy going
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 9, 2019
They skip over promoting you even though you may be a better candidate than most to promote friends and family. There’s a lot of favoritism here. They gossip and lie bad. Best to keep to yourself.
The place was awful.......
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 2, 2019
Upper management beyond supervisor didn’t care . They openly had favorites , didn’t care about customers just how fast you could handle the calls. They would lie to your face. Walk around and not even say good morning.
Pros
Downtown
Cons
Everything else
Horrible place
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 30, 2019
If you have health issues do not work there you get 7 strikes if you get 7 strikes you will be fired if you are not a favorite at this company!!! Never again!!!!!
Pros
Make friends there
Cons
To strict on attendance policy
It's a hard job because of the 7day a week schedual. However the managers were nice and helpful.
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAJune 28, 2019
Working for Gannett as an independent contractor, delivering newspapers, is a good first job because it makes you be self motivating and helps you become more disapplined. Cause your job is done 7days a week ....
I would not recommend
OPERATIONS COORDINATOR, THE TENNESSEAN (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 26, 2019
The newspaper is a dying company. There was very little room for advancement. I worked at several different warehouses hoping for different results but the same result at each location
It was a place of employment for me
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  525 w broadwayJune 25, 2019
I enjoyed talking to some of the customers and being of help to them. The co-workers were nice to work with and very helpful if you needed assistance. The computer were outdated and caused a lot of errors
Toxic and depressing
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJune 24, 2019
Major staff cuts, increased workload
leadership does not understand the reality of the client landscape or competition, no help
operational structure has been clearly broken for years and yet the company makes one bad decision after the other trying to offset costs with more cuts
circ is in the toilet, no one cares
company touts digital solutions- which can be deployed better by 95% off the other companies who sell the same stuff
support and training is amateur at best, sometimes non-existent
local sales managers are completely inept- the remnants of the old guard who managed the survive
zero ability to execute on the pipedreams touted by leadership
Executives who one after the other retire with their golden parachutes loud praises on their successors over and over while no one does anything to right the ship.
Gannett bought a digital company hoping to help boost digital solutions, said company was bad and had only gotten worse over the years, brought their cancer to an already ailing and perhaps terminal patient
favoritism is rampant, females get a pass, males under constant scrutiny for any perceived offense
Pros
sometimes you have a day that is not filled with anxiety and pressure
Cons
toxic work environment
Great attitude and friendly
Newspaper Carrier (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 23, 2019
Nice place good people and environment good to work for and clean environment and friendly and my day is wonderful with not any issues with any problems
Pros
Good boss
Cons
Need holidays off for family
Fun place to work. Multi cultured environment. Flexible management. Work at home options.
Systems Operator (Former Employee) –  McLean, VA 22107June 23, 2019
Good place to work as long as the printed newspaper industry lasts. USA Today was an excellent experience for me. I would return to work there at any time.
I love the people I work with! They are aweaome!
Outbound Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 23, 2019
Unfortunately, that is all there is to love. Everyone in my department is family. However, the money is terrible and there seems to be little to no organization from department to department. They love to lay off entire centers and sites. They also love to keep secrets that could be potentially harmful to you. I honestly think this job will not be in existence in the next few years.
Pros
Family environment
Cons
Awful pay and seems to be going down the toilet fast
Awesome work environment. Pretty easy job. Low pay.
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 19, 2019
Awesome work environment. Pretty easy job. Low pay. Laid back place to work. Not a lot of creative freedom. Pay could be much better considering what we do.
high powered highly competitive, energetic, well compensated, forward thinking, collaborative
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJune 18, 2019
started as a regional sales rep, progressed to east and west coast directors finally as national global director led large staff multi-metro office territories plus DC and NY, full sales and management tasks full cycle recruit hire train mentor lead promote, full P&L leadership, full budget leadership set and execute, report to CEO and Gannett Corporate. Travel as needed roughly 25 - 40% of the time, collaborate with entire list of departments, instrumental in planning selling managing client oversee and review, set and exceed full budget and revenue execution, expense control.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gannett. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.4Fairygodboss Score

62%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

38%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss