Gannon University Employee Reviews

Good Boys Network
Ahtletics (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJuly 8, 2019
Gannon is run by a president who does not know how to lead. He is a physical therapist who just stumbled into the job. If you have any drive to become a better employee he will terminate you. If he thinks you pose a threat on him in any way he will get rid of you. All he preaches about is "Gannon Family" he does not show up to anything. Oh and get this, all the other upper administration are physical therapists as well. The two highest paid employees at Gannon are the president and his wife (she runs a vegetable garden at the school). Gannon treats students as numbers. They don't actually care about their well being. The president puts all the money into a campus down in Florida that has 28 students. He is always down there working on his retirement home. Must be nice.
Pros
$39 parking a month.
Cons
Poor leadership. Rude workers. Treat students as numbers.
Could be soooo much better
Athketics (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAMay 18, 2019
If it weren’t for a lack of resources and administrative support it would be a more than decent place to work. The people are very nice, but nice doesn’t get the job done. Mindset doesn’t fix most issues. Old place to live but definitely getting better with time.
Pros
Great people
Cons
No administrative support
Great School Great People
Social Media Intern (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAApril 24, 2019
The School aims to develop and grow their students! As an intern they gave me the incredible opportunity to grow my skillets and become a better student altogether. It helped me become a better part of their community
lunch counter job
Chef (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAApril 13, 2019
no as advertised employment wise, zero upperlevel management interaction basically a company for people who aren't employable anywhere else goofing off and dereguard for safety and sanitation practices
Pros
Cons
where to start
Good Place
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAApril 11, 2019
It is a fun university where people are both intelligent but party hard. Erie is a bit of a sad place to live all the time except summer. The uni is a great place to learn.
Great Place to Work
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Current Employee) –  Erie County, PAApril 10, 2019
Absolutely loved working at Gannon. Not only were the work days fun and exciting, I learned many useful skills that I use in my daily life. The workplace culture was fantastic and I was very happy I chose to work at Gannon.
Good School
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF INTERNATIONAL ADMISSION (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAApril 1, 2019
Loved working at Gannon. Great workplace culture. Loved the student body and all the students I got to meet while working at Gannon. Enjoyed my time there.
Great work place
Help Desk Trainer Specialist (Current Employee) –  Erie, PAMarch 12, 2019
Provide support for users in the operation of a range of hardware including printers, scanners and other external peripherals’
Examine reports to analyze common complaints and problems
Install and perform repairs to hardware, software, or peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications
Liaise with upper management, vendors and senior level technicians
Create Training videos and learning modules for betterment of fellow employees Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
Guide or counselor for new employee transition
Pros
Great team to work with
Cons
No cons
Incredible people who treated everyone like family
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAFebruary 22, 2019
I looked forward to going to work every day. It was welcoming, enjoyable and laid back. The hardest part of my job was the fact that I didn't make enough income to support myself after working a full week. I learned a great deal and earned my bachelor's degree at no cost to me and so did my two children.
Pros
Positivity and always wanting to make their employees the best they can be.
Cons
Poor pay
Graduate Assistant Athletic Trainer
Gannon Graduate Assistant Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAFebruary 7, 2019
Really enjoyed having the opportunity to work with the student athletes at Gannon University. It was nice to use my education I obtained at IUP to work in the sport setting at another school.
fun place to work
KNIGHT DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Erie, PADecember 22, 2018
it was an amazing place to start a job at. The time there was amazing, you meet so many new people and get this great sense of community. Everyone is friendly to each other and only want the best for you.
Always a Productive Professional
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAOctober 20, 2018
Professional. Created a positive safe environment that strived to reach out to the students, faculty, and staff. Complied with company rules and regulations as required. Created strong values constantly following the companies mission statement for unparallel success. Sixteen years of dedicated success with numerous awards for outstanding service to the community.
Pros
Over time hours were very good when available
Cons
Over time was limited depending on events
Low Pay
Department Secretary (Former Employee) –  Erie, PASeptember 18, 2018
This job was low stress and nice hours / perks. However, the pay was extremely low with zero room for advancement and no raises. Layoff rates were high.
volunteering work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAAugust 21, 2018
It was great to volunteer on Halloween, giving out candy to the kids and interacting with the community. It was very cold that night and the teachers that came with us barely did any work which made it very stressful on us.
underpaid workers
Front Desk/Weight Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAAugust 15, 2018
while during my time at the rec center, the employees (students) were very underpaid due to it being a work study, however, you were never allowed to do the studying part being that it is a "special work study"
Fun and enjoyable
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAAugust 14, 2018
Come into work with your boss learn to fabricated lab materials for experments. Hardest was tring to use the lathe and mill in the deparement labs. the hardest part was the fun part for me
Had very good training, family like atmosphere, very friendly.
Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Erie, PA 16541July 8, 2018
I liked the atmosphere of the campus at Gannon. Other employees even from different departments were happy to help out when needed. I liked the benefits, very good.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Pay could have been better.
Student Employee
Student Employee (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJuly 1, 2018
I really enjoyed working at Gannon University on the protype for the Personal Healthcare Information System. It gave me additional experience and allowed me to work with other students to complete an actual website.
Great Experience
Mechanical Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJune 28, 2018
Love the place, friendly and co-operative. Always wanted to learn more and get more from here. Made a lot of friends and miss them badly. Have a lot of memories here.
Pros
Working Environment
Cons
I learnt a lot of things
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJune 7, 2018
We had fun boat rides once in two weeks for sampling purpose and it was fun. Typical day at work included analyzing the samples. The work hours were 40 hours per week but no fixed 9 to 5 job timing.